People Also Ask About Kanyakumari
When is the best time to visit Kanyakumari?
Blessed with ideal climate it can be visited anytime of the year. Still the best time to visit is from March to May. Even though humidity is very high, the cool breeze off the ocean in the evening makes up for it.
November marks the onset of winter season when the weather is pleasant, humidity is low and temperature is quite cool. Tourists mostly visit Kanyakumari from December to February and that is the busiest tourist season here.
How to reach Kanyakumari?
- By air: The nearest airport is Trivandrum which is approximately 80 Kms away from here. Trivandrum is frequented by regular flights from all major cities of India.
- By rail: Thirunelli is the nearest rail head, situated approximately 80 Kms from here. Frequent trains from Delhi, Mumbai & KanyaKumari come here through a broad gauge rail network.
- By road: KanyaKumari is very well connected by road through all the major cities of Southern India.
What are the different things/activities to do in Kanyakumari?
From historical sites to cultural attractions and adventurous activities there are a lot of exciting thing to do in KanyaKumari, such as:
- Surfing at the KanyaKumari beach : KanyaKumari has a relatively large coastline and being situated at the confluence of 3 seas one can feel the ultimate rush by engaging into surfing .
- Watch the sunrise & sunset: KanyaKumari is the only beach in the world where one can witness both sunrise and sunset.
- Trekking at marunthuvazh malai: Marunthuvazh Malai is the perfect place to get your heart racing and to feel the ultimate adrenaline rush.
- Baywatch Amusement Park: It is the ideal place to go for a family outing. The park has many electrifying and exciting rides
Which are the famous sightseeing attractions in Kanyakumari?
There are a number of tourist points in KanyaKumari which can be enjoyed by people of all age groups. Some of the famous sightseeing attractions are:
- Vivekananda Rock Memorial
- Thirparappu Fall
- Kanyakumari Temple
- Thiruvalluvar Statue, Kanyakumari
- KanyaKumari Beach
- Padmanabhapuram Palace
- Wax Museum
- Lord Subramanya Temple
- Bhagavathi Amman Temple
- Vattakottai Fort
- Courtallam Falls
- Chtharai Jain Monuments
- Gandhi Mandapam
Which are the best resorts to stay in Kanyakumari?
A variety of lavish hotels and resorts are present across KanyaKumari. Apart from the finest hospitality, these hotels have a number of tours to offer.
Some the best resorts in KanyaKumari are:
- Sparsa Resorts : An eco-sensitive leisure resort, offering warm comfortable atmosphere with awe-inspiring view of sunset and sunrise and breathtaking expanse of the Indian Ocean.
Where - Beach Road, near Sunset Point
Price for two - Rs 4357
- Hotel Seaview : Provides comfortable accommodation , conveniently located for those wishing to visit local attractions.
Where - near Nagercoil and Suchindram
- Anantya Resorts : 3 star resorts known for its view of the nearby Chittar Lake.
Where - State Highway 45, Kaliel Village, near Chittar Lake
Price - Rs 7561 for two
- Ave Holiday Home : Famous for its traditional food, here you can relish Gujarati, Marathi, Bengali dishes apart from its regular South Indian dishes.
Where - Chothavilai Beach
- Indian Hermitage : Surrounded by beautiful greenery and rocky mountains, offers open space to enjoy cool breeze from all directions. It provides comfortable accommodation in well furnished and well-appointed cottages. In-house restaurant serves authentic food.
Where - marungoor Village
Price - Rs 4500 for two
- The Gopinivas Grand : Providing unrivalled and engaging services with attention to details it is known for its rich tradition in hospitality.
Where - East Car Street near Seashore
- Estuary Islands : This beautiful lakefront resort has ac rooms in tropical landscapes fitted with classic wood furnishing and flooring with in-house spa, outdoor pool, fitness facilities and 4 dining options.
Where - near Golden beach, in Poovar, Trivandrum, Kerala
What are the best public transport modes to commute around Kanyakumari?
There’s a lot to explore in KanyaKumari and you definitely wouldn't like to miss any of it. Catering to the needs of every traveller there are a number of ways to commute around KanyaKumari such as :
- By Bus :Government buses are an easy and inexpensive way of exploring the beautiful attractions of Kanyakumari.
- By Taxi: Hired or rented cabs/taxis are the best way to explore the beautiful lands of Kanyakumari. You can hire a cab from one of the numerous cab rental agencies in Kanyakumari.
- By Autorickshaw: Auto rickshaws are a good means of travelling around town and are cheaper than cabs.
Which are the best places for shopping in Kanyakumari?
Though not exactly known to be a shopper's paradise, Kanyakumari offers quite a few enchanting options to tourists for shopping in Kanyakumari.
- TamilNadu Shopping Centre: It is one of the many places that meets the need of the people. It is highly frequented by customers for fashion wears, accessories, stationeries, and electronics.
- Kamala Stores: It is one of the premiere shopping spots and it caters to the needs of the mass.
- Shrikanya Handicrafts: It is one of the most famous shops dealing in handicrafts. The elaborately designed handicrafts are a hit among the tourists.
- Noor Shopping Centre: People of all age groups can shop from here at a reasonable price.
How is kanyakumari for honeymoon couples?
The romantic weather, sandy beaches & beautiful landscape perfectly compliment the celebratory mood of the newly weds. From warm and cosy hotels providing the best of hospitality to the most beautiful tourist attractions one can enjoy quality time with their better half. For a memorable honeymoon experience, couples can choose from a variety of packages.
Which are the famous memorials to visit in Kanyakumari?
Some of the must visit memorials in KanyaKumari are:
- Vivekananda Rock Memorial
Where: 500m east of mainland of Vanathurai.
Entry: normal entry- 35 INR , VIP entry-170 INR
- Tsunami Monument
Where: near south shore , KanyaKumari
- Kamarajar Manimandapam
Where:near south shore , Kanyakumari
Where can one enjoy boating in Kanyakumari?
Located 500 meters away the mainland, Regular Boating services are available throughout the day to visit the Vivekananda Rock memorial :
Address: Vivekananda Rock Memorial & Vivekananda Kendra, Jetty, Kanyakumari
Timing:10:00 am- 4:00 pm
Cost : 10 INR per head
Otherwise you can look up for :
- Boating Dock for Vivekananda Rock
- Boating facilities to Thiruvalluvar Statue
Which are the famous beaches in Kanyakumari?
Some of the most popular beaches of KanyaKumari are:
- KanyaKumari Beach
- Mutoom Beach
- Sanguthurai Beach
- Sothavilai Beach
- Thengapattinam Beach