Best things to do in NagpurContradicting the popular belief that the things to Do in Nagpur are limited to shopping for oranges only, this city boasts of various entertainment options for the tourists. Be it rowing the boat through the pristine waters of Ambazari Lake or conquering the tricky trail towards the Nagardhan Fort, the thrill offered here has no limits. While the water parks of Nagpur allow you to soak in big pools of water, the locations like Raman Science Centre provide you with a better understanding of modern innovations.
Many activities to Do in Nagpur will take you close to the best of nature like opting for orange orchard tours and spotting tigers at Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary. From marvelling at the varied species of roses in its gardens to enjoying a shopping spree in its bustling markets, Nagpur will provide you with an array of activities to enjoy.
Even after all this, if you are still not able to decide what to do in Nagpur then its historical monuments come to your rescue. Locations like Deekshabhoomi and Sitabuldi Fort provide you with a chance to traverse through their corridors and gaze into the brilliance of craftsmanship. By offering all these things to do, Nagpur makes sure that not a single second of your vacation goes by without having much fun.
Places to Visit and Things to Do in Nagpur
People Also Ask About Nagpur Things To Do
What are the best things to do in Nagpur?1. Get refreshed in waterparks: Soak in the puddles of water and spend a day dipping in big gigantic pools of the waterparks of Nagpur. Visiting the waterparks and spending a day there is considered to be one of the best things to Do in Nagpur. With big pools surrounded by DJs and rain dance areas, the waterparks like Fun and Food Village and Krazy Castle and Waterpark will load your days with lots of fun. All these waterparks have a dedicated food court where you can binge upon various dishes after an energetic day.
- Price: INR 500 to INR 800 per person
- Timings: 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM
2. Experience the quaint vibes of Deekshabhoomi: Famed for being home to the world’s largest hollow stupa, Deeksha Bhoomi is a renowned tourist destination in Nagpur. With its own library and manicured gardens, this place has been attracting various religions followers towards it. Dedicated to Buddhism, visiting Deekshabhoomi is one of the perfect things to Do in Nagpur if you wish to get knowledge of ancient sayings and scriptures. While you are here, do not forget to click pictures along the sacred tree located in the middle of Stupa.
- Entry Fee: INR 250 per person
- Timings: 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM
3. Take a gastronomic food tour: Food in Nagpur is not limited to Oranges only as this city is loaded with various such spots which have been serving delicious snacks for ages. From orange flavoured barfi to Tarri Poha, the city of Nagpur has various delicacies to offer. The most famous item here is the Saoji Delicacies which include non vegetarian dishes prepared using farm supplies and age old recipes. Visiting the Rahul Bazaar and Sitabuldi is considered to be one of the best things to Do in Nagpur as both the places are loaded with budget friendly food shacks and high class cafes.
- Price: INR 200 to INR 1000 per person
- Timings: 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM
4. Stand at the Centre of India: Among the top things to Do in Nagpur is visiting the Zero Mile Marker which has a very major historical significance. Built back in the British colonial period, this monument was considered to be the geographical central point of India back then. Guarded by the four horse statue representing the four directions, this monument is open for all and attracts tourists and locals alike. The monument gets lightened up in the nighttime when the surroundings get loaded with small food shacks and souvenir sellers.
5. Visit Raman Science Centre: Get a chance to grab deeper knowledge about science and new inventions by visiting the Raman Science Centre. Those who have always been fascinated by the modern inventions and fun experiments can visit here and try their hands on various entertainment options. One of the top things to Do in Nagpur is attending the documentary show here in which proper information about new and innovative gadgets is provided.
- Entry Fee: INR 20 per person
- Timings: 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM
6. Spend time in the lap of nature: Appreciate the best of nature by touring to some of the major locations of Nagpur. Be it the glistening lakes or the high standing hills, this city is home to some of the most beautiful vistas of nature. Visit the Japanese Rose Garden to marvel at the various species of roses and head over to Ambazari Lake and garden to enjoy the panoramic view of the lovely bottomless lake.
- Entry Fee: INR 250 for Ambazari Lake and garden
- Timings: 5:00 AM to 6:30 PM
7. Shopping: The markets of Nagpur remain bustling throughout the day with small food stalls and various shops. Shopping for oranges is not the only thing one can enjoy here and visiting the locations like Khamla, Rahul Bazaar, Sitabuldi will prove this. All these markets are the perfect place shop for handmade goods, clothing items and food packages. Some of the famous items which can be bought from these markets include antique currency, orange sweets, wooden souvenirs, footwear and clothing.
- Timings: 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM
8. Experience the nightlife: The chic bars, bustling cafes and shining restaurants of Nagpur will take you towards the most happening night of your life. Visiting these charming locations is considered to be one of the best things to Do in Nagpur. Several such spots include the locations like Rhythm and Blues, House of Beers and Royal Lancers. All these locations are known for serving tasteful cocktails and perfect snacks to pair with them. Above all this, the ambience of these nightclubs will make you groove on the dance floor and will make sure that you stay entertained.
- Timings: 7:00 PM to 2:00 AM
- Price: INR 1000 to INR 3000 per person
Which are the best amusement parks in Nagpur?
1. Krazy Castle Aqua Park: The adventurous slides, wave pool and an array of rides make visiting the Krazy Castle Aqua Park one of the most preferred things to Do in Nagpur. The park also comprises a gondola preached at a height of 43 feet.
2. Fun N Food Village: Falling in the list of the top activities to Do in Nagpur, a trip to the Fun N Food Village will provide you with a chance to get more entertained. Its array of gigantic slides and various small food stalls make a visit here worth it.
3. Dwarka River Farms and Waterpark: The topsy and turvy slides, the thrilling rides, the bashing DJs and the fun filled rain dance area of this waterpark make visiting here one of the best activities to Do in Nagpur.
4. Highland Park: From a giant wheel to the dragon roller coaster and from boating to rain dance, Highland Park offers various entertainment options to keep you entertained.
Which are the best religious sites to visit in Nagpur?
1. Deekshabhoomi: Considered to be a pilgrimage centre of Buddhism in India, Deekshabhoomi is a big tomb like stupa worshipped by various spiritual seekers. Inside the stupa is an age old tree which is also worshipped by the visitors.
2. Shree Ganesh Mandir Tekdi: Reaching this temple is a big adventure as it is located on the top of a hillock. Inside the temple is a big rock located which has the shape of lord Ganesha and it is believed that the rock occurred naturally.
3. Ramtek Temple: Having a great religious factori, the location of this temple is believed to be the place where lord Rama rested on its exile. Since the day, an idol of god has been placed here and is worshipped by the devotees from all over the world.
4. Dragon Palace Temple: Established back in 1999 by a Japan-based committee, this temple is referred to as “The Lotus Temple of Nagpur”. Being a buddhist temple, the Dragon Palace is flocked by various religious seekers.
5. Swaminarayan Temple: With splendid architecture made using sandstones, this temple is a go to spot for locals as well as tourists. Dedicated to Pramukh Swami Maharaj, this temple gets lightened up in the evening time when various satsangs and prayers are conducted.
Which are the best places for shopping in Nagpur?
1. Sarafa Bazaar: Offering some of the best deals, shopping in Sarafa Bazaar is the perfect answer to what to do in Nagpur. From saree stores to jewellery collection, an array of fancy items are available here at a budget friendly cost.
2. Sitabuldi Main Road: The main market of Nagpur, Sitabuldi Main Road is known for offering an array of shopping items ranging from handicrafts to food items. Be it locals or the tourists, the streets here remain bustling with people.
3. Phule Market: The best location to shop for famous Nagpuri oranges, the Phule Market is loaded with fruit and vegetable vendors who sell their own farm items. You can also find various small shops here selling silk and cotton dhotis.
4. Sadar Market: Majorly known for its wooden crafts, this market is dotted with several shops and stores where one can shop for wooden items to bring back home. Many handcrafted souvenirs are also available including the wood logs with your images on them.
What are the things to do in Nagpur with kids?
1. Cool off in a waterpark: If confused about what to do in Nagpur with kids then there is no place better than Fun and Food Village and Krazy Castle and Waterpark. Both these waterparks are loaded with more than 40 slides and other entertainment options.
2. Visit the Raman Science Centre: This generation of tech kids can be easily entertained by new technologies and the Raman Since Centre is loaded with such items. With the robots on display and many science related experiments, this place boasts of being the perfect spot to visit with your kids.
3. Boating: Visit the Ambazari Lake and garden to spend a day rowing through its pristine waters. From proper jackets to well equipped paddle boats, the boat operators at this lake offer many safety features.
4. Visit Highland Park: The gigantic rides of this park induce the much required thrill on your vacation. From dragon roller coasters to a ferris wheel, various fun activities are offered here to make sure that your little ones remain engaged.
5. Visit Umred Karhandla Wildlife Sanctuary: Spend a day at this wildlife sanctuary and if lucky enough, you might get a chance to spot various wild animals like tigers, deers, leopards and sloth bears.
What is Nagpur famous for?
Nagpur is famous for its oranges and various food items made using the same. Being the biggest exporter of oranges in Asia has given it the name “the city of oranges”. Apart from this, Nagpur is also famous for having many beautiful lakes, 11 in total.
Is Nagpur worth visiting?
Yes, if you wish to spend a day away from the noisy city while still enjoying the city like vibes then Nagpur is the best place to do so. From luxury malls to local markets, from water parks to lakeside excursions and from adventure activities to food tours, various entertainment options are available here.
What is famous in Nagpur for shopping?
Oranges and the sweets made by oranges are the best shopping items which one must buy when in Nagpur. Other than these, many handicrafts like wooden items, clothing, hats and footwear can also be bought from here.