A down hill Mountain Biking trip - Martam to Gangtok.
Martam Gangtok Mountain Biking - you go up to Rani Khola and than all the way to Rumtek. Here you will visit the Rumtek Monastery en route. While staying at Martam you can enjoy rich flora and fauna. Situated in the breathtaking and tranquil countryside of East Sikkim, in the foothill of the Himalayas the resort overlooks a beautiful valley of rich terraced paddy fields, bounded by forest covered hills.
The world famous Rumtek Monastery is just 5 km away and Gangtok, the bustling and colorful capital of Sikkim can be reached in just an hour. You can do sightings in Gangtok.
How to get there:
By Air: From Delhi to Bagdogra Airport or Bhadrapur Airport
By Train: From Delhi to NJP Railway Station
By Road: There are buses available from Siliguri to Kalimpong (100km) which is 32km away from the entry point Lava.
Another route is from Siliguri - Chalsa (65km) - Samsing (18km). The park can be reached by road from Samsing.
Nearest Town: The Neora Valley is located close to the tourist destination of Lava.
Distance: Delhi - Kalimpong (1467 km).
The Best time to visit: October to June.
- If youre a recreational mountain biker with a good bike of recent vintage, use your own, but ask the tour company what kind of tires they recommend for the terrain youll be riding.
- Carry maps with you while biking.
- Do not enter in restricted areas.
- Longer tracks require physical fitness and great stamina.
Things to Carry:
- Water, juices, snacks
- Electric torch
- Medical kit
- A good compass
- An extra pair of clothes
- Darjeeling is a must-visit place.
- The Himalayan Mountaineering Institute
- The Snow Leopard Breeding Centre
- A major Tibetan Buddhist monastery
- You also have the chance to take a ride on the famous Toy Train and wander round the busy bazaar area.