Surrounding you with serene landscapes of nature, trekking in Nahan is one of the most amazing activities for adventure lovers. The stunning forests and hills leave everyone enchanted. Nahan is a perfect destination for trekking if you like the charm of rolling hills, mist laden valleys, colorful meadows etc. The magnificent views promise a memorable experience for everyone to enjoy the most spectacular landscapes of nature.
Nahan Treks promise to take you in an abode of natural beauty around the Himalayas and verdant meadows. While Churdhar Peak is a wonderful way to test your spirits and enjoy rock climbing, Renuka Lake trek is for all the laid back travellers. For the adventure seekers, Churdhar Peak trek is a marvelous escape and Renuka Lake trek is a superb getaway for the soul-seekers and spiritual travellers.
Treks near Nahan promise different kinds of experiences for everyone. If you are in a mood for trekking, you will definitely not be disappointed with your excursions. During your day adventure, you can also visit many stunning places nearby like Churdhar Wildlife Sanctuary, Shirgul Maharaj Temple, Renuka Temple etc. The best treks near Nahan offer a stupendous getaway if you are looking for an escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
People Also Ask About Trekking in Nahan
Which are the best treks in Nahan?
1. Renuka Lake Trek: This trail will promise you the most awe-inspiring views of the largest natural lake in Himachal Pradesh. The lake enthralls everyone with its unique shape which looks like a leaning back lady and it is believed that it personifies Goddess Renuka.
The natural beauty of this lake is breathtaking and entices all the photographers to take a respite amidst nature. When you are trekking in Nahan, you can also pay your respects at the Renuka Temple nearby.
Difficulty Level: Easy
2. Churdhar Peak Trek: Covering a duration of about 7 to 9 hours, this Nahan trek starts from Nohradhar to leave you spellbound with the glorious views of nature. It is a stunning trek to enjoy rock climbing and challenge yourself by trekking to a height of 3650 metres where Churdhar Peak stands.
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Which are the best treks near Nahan?
1. Karol Tibba Trek: It is one of the most offbeat treks near Nahan that will enthrall you with views of verdant forests and the towering peaks of Solan district. The 6 km long trail is easy for the trekkers and offers wonderful views of Shimla city.
Distance from Nahan: 90 km
2. Hatu Peak Trek: This trek starts from Narkanda and offers the best views of the forests and snow clad peaks of the Himalayas. It is an easy trail for beginners and offers a good time for all kinds of travellers.
Distance from Nahan: 194 km
3. Tosh Valley Trek: A paradise for nature lovers, this trek near Nahan takes you amidst the lush green meadows and sparkling streams. A wonderful outing for the trekkers, it covers a distance of 7.5 km which can be completed in 4-5 hours.
Distance from Nahan: 337 km
4. Kalga Trek: This trail is a perfect getaway for nature lovers to explore the most offbeat places while trekking near Nahan. This easy trek covers a stretch of 3-4 kms which can be covered in about an hour.
Distance from Nahan: 332 km
At a distance of 22 km south-west from Nahan on the banks of Markand River is one of the most visited tourist places in Nahan, the Shivalik Fossil Park, also known as Suketi Fossil Park. The park houses a collection of prehistoric vertebrate fossils and skeletons dug out from the Upper and Middle Shivaliks, which will engage history lovers and culture enthusiasts.The highlight of you visit to the Fossil Park will the open-air display of six life-sized fibreglass models of extinct mammals in a recreation of the Shivalik Hills setting, which dates back to 2.5 million years.Ticket Prices: Free entry.Open Time: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM (Closed on Tuesday)
Spanning across the area of 4 sq. km, the Renuka Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the best places to visit in Nahan if you are a wildlife enthusiast. The legend has it that it is named after one of the prettiest ladies ever to walk over the face of the earth Renukaji and her son Parshuram. It protects a brilliant collection of the local flora and fauna, which will revive the nature lover in you.Some of the species harboured in the Sanctuary are Samber, Leopard, Spotted Deer. It is a highly recommended place of visit for Nature enthusiasts and wilderness seekers.Ticket Prices: Free entry.Timings: Sunrise to Sunset.
On the similar lines of the Renuka Wildlife Sanctuary we have the Renuka Temple, it is dedicated to Renukaji and her son Lord Parshuram. Continuing the legend, it is said that Parshuram wished to go through his time on earth at the feet of his mother and it is a result of this reason, the mother-son pair meet each year amid the beginning of yearly Renuka Fair.It is additionally believed that Goddess Renuka is the reincarnation of Goddess Durga, which makes it a popular place to visit amongst devotees and followers of Hinduism. The calmness that it has to offer makes it one of the top tourist places in Nahan and is surely worth a visit.Ticket Prices: Free entry.Open Time: Sunrise to Sunset.