Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Ask a Question
What You Should Know More About Things To Do in Dausa
Dausa though a small and simple town, it has lots to offer to its tourists. The tourists can enjoy a lot of activities that are the perfect combination of adventure and fun. Some of these activities that should not be missed when visiting Dausa in Rajasthan are:
· Camel Safari - riding a camel through the forests is a must do thing when in Rajasthan. That feeling of sitting so high on a camel makes one feel adventurous and is a lot of fun.
· Camel Polo - one can both witness and take part in this sport which is quite simple, adventurous and dangerous.
· Ziplining - the tourists can go to the famous spots here and zip line and satisfy their adventurous needs.
· Trekking and Camping - one can even go for treks on the nearby hills and camp for the night under the stars if they want to be extra adventurous.
Dausa also was known as Devanagari is a small town that is considered to be very spiritual and is one of the places which pilgrims visit to pray in the temples present here. This Deva Nagri is known all over Rajasthan for the small yet meaningful temples it houses. Some of the temples that are considered holy and should be visited when on a pilgrimage include:
· Mehandipur Balaji Temple
· Harshat Mata Temple
· Shree Giriraj Ji Maharaj Temple
· Gopinath Temple
· Someshwar Temple.
The best way to explore any place like Dausa in Rajasthan would be hopping in a Jeep and exploring the best of all places. Jeep safaris in Dausa are quite famous and attract a lot of tourists. There are mainly two kinds of jeep safaris, one through the dunes and the other one through the village. Both have a different feel to it but the latter one is better and more exciting. These kinds of jeep safaris start from the Umaid Lake Palace in Dausa and then continues in the village. The costs for these rides are quite low and these activities are the best way to see the real India.
Village Safari Tour in Dausa is nothing but exploring the corners of the village and getting to know more about the culture of the people present here. Village tours can be done on jeeps, camels, bicycles, bikes or even on foot. One can visit the farms and even witness farmers doing the hard work in the scorching heat. The best place that offers top-notch village Safari Tours of all kind is the famous Umaid Lake Palace in Dausa. This place is developed to meet the needs of tourists and one can find all types of Safaris here at reasonable prices.
Horse Shows are a quite famous activity enjoyed in Rajasthan that has been going on for a number of years. It was developed by the Mughal rulers and is still continued to be a sport. Horse Shows are basically a show put up by people who do stunts on the horse. There is no best time to attend the horse shows in Dausa as it is held almost every day throughout the year, one can visit it whenever they want.The two most famous places in Deva Nagri where one can witness this majestic sport are:
· Talabgaon Castle Heritage Resort
· Umaid Lake Palace
Cycling tours in Dausa are a good way of exploring the small town. One can see the pastures grazing and enjoy the greenery. One can even see the tribals living in mud houses and do basic chores in an Indian way. Some of the best muddy tracks in Dausa that are perfect for cycling are:
· Bhandarej to Todabhim
· Umaid Lake Palace
· Jaipur Agra Highway
While on an off-road Jeep safari in the city of Dausa, the tourists can do whatever they want or whatever is included in their tour package. Some of the best things to do to enjoy the safari in the best way are:
· Photographs - take photographs of the beautiful scenery that they witness
· Shopping - they can even stop at the small street shops to buy trinkets, jewelry, souvenirs and so on.
· Temples - Tourists can also visit the temples and stop to pray.
· Lake - They can visit the lake behind the hills present in Khawa Raoji Village.
Camel polo is very similar to horse polo. Tourists can either witness this game or even take part in it if they are willing to risk their physical health. Camel polo takes place only the Umaid Lake Palace in Dausa which is organized at the request of the tourists. It can be done at any time be it breakfast, high tea, lunch or dinner. Generally, there are around 10 participants playing this old sport with one referee and the tourists are welcomed to be seated and witness the game. Camel polo is not that expensive. It costs around 2000 - 2500 INR and includes dinner.
Since camels are one thing that can be found only in Rajasthan, it will be a shame for all the tourists if they fail to try out the camel safari. The camel safari is basically exploring the village on the backs of camels with a guide who shows you around. Such safaris are the best way to know more about India and the culture present here. Camel safari is offered by many tour operators but the best place for camel safari is Umaid Lake Palace which is an Organic Retreat. It has the best prices and takes into consideration the tourist’s needs.
Dausa being a small district of Rajasthan has a very rich culture and tradition. The local people of Dausa are very simple and friendly. Visiting these villages gives the tourist a great cultural experience and gives them an idea of what real India is like. Overall some of the best cultural experiences in Dausa are:
· Folk dance - watching the folk dance is a way to get to know more about the tradition present here.
· Village Safari - this kind of Safari includes visiting the mud huts and the houses of local people which is by far the best cultural experience tourists can have when in Dausa.
· Visiting temples - the people living in Dausa are very religious and pious. By visiting the temples the tourists can delve deeper into the culture present here and enjoy themselves thoroughly.
· Local food - another cultural experience is having the traditional Rajasthani thali that is available in Dausa. The thali is a true reflection of the culture present here and is definitely a memorable experience for all tourists.
Camel race is a traditional sport that has been taking place in Dausa for decades now. This is a five-hour sport where the camel's race on a special track made for them. The people bet on the camels and enjoy the sport. In Dausa the best camel races are those that are organized by Umaid Lake Palace and Talabgaon Castle. Such races are organized at the request of tourists. These races are generally done in the summer seasons as during winters it is quite cold in the desert area for the camels to gallop. So the months of April, May, and June are the best time to enjoy camel races in Dausa.
More Things to do in Dausa
Other Listings in Dausa