Things To Do in BharatpurArchery and Rifle Shooting, Adventure Activities, Heritage Stay at Kiran Villa, Day Trip from Jainpur.
Things to do in Bharatpur are endless and will make your vacation to this stunning town a memorable one. From letting you witness various stunning architectural marvels to offering a relaxing time amidst nature, Bharatpur has it all. Whether you are travelling with your family, your group of friends or even your partner, the city won’t disappoint you.
Witness the amazing architecture of Lohagarh Fort or delve in the stunning Bharatpur Palace and Museum. Kids can have a great time exploring The Government Museum or watching the many varieties of migratory birds at the Keoladeo National Park.
If you are a shopaholic then Bharatpur has in store some very famous markets where you can enjoy a shopping spree and buy various items like jewelry, handicraft, antiques and even bandhej clothes.
Bharatpur things to do cannot be completed without various activities like zip lining, Burma bridge, archery, rifle shooting,etc. These fun outdoor activities will pump up your adrenaline and bring the required thrill to your vacation.
And if you want to spend some time at peace and seek blessings of the almighty you can visit the various temples in Bharatpur like Bankebihari temple, Laxman temple, ganga Mandir, etc. So, no matter what type of vacation you seek, this city has plenty of options for you.
Places to Visit and Things to Do in Bharatpur
People Also Ask About Bharatpur Things To Do
What are the best things to do in Bharatpur?
1. Explore the Government Museum: To know about the history of Bharatpur and learn about the various events that took place in the past, a visit to this museum comes under must things to do in Bharatpur.
It is located inside Lohagarh fort and the highlights of the museum are the stone sculptures, wooden carvings, inscriptions, terracotta products etc. You can also observe several paintings here made on peepal leaves, mica and litho papers.
Price: Rs 20 per person.
2. Get mesmerised by nature at Keoladeo National Park: With beautiful flora and a variety of fauna in this premises, exploring Keoladeo National Park is a must amongst the things to do in Bharatpur.
This is also commonly known as Bharatpur Bird sanctuary and is famous for its beautiful birds. The natural beauty and lush greenery surrounding will make for an excellent day outing with friends and family. When in Bharatpur do not miss to visit here.
- Indians -Rs. 50 per person.
- Foreign tourists- Rs. 400 per person.
- Rickshaw ride - Rs. 100.
3. Witness the magnificent Lohagarh Fort: Taking you back into the history of Rajasthan, Lohagarh Fort or Iron fort is an example of strong brilliant architecture and strength. Built in the 18th century by Maharaja Suraj Mal, who was amongst the Bharatpur Jat rulers, still stands strong and attracts tons of visitors each year. The Government Museum is located inside the fort.
Price: Rs. 20 per person.
4. Seek blessing at Bankebihari Temple: Located inside Lohagad fort, this is a beautiful temple dedicated to Lord Krishna and Goddess Radha. It is located in the city centre and is one of the main attractions. Visiting here will make you feel happy and calm as the surrounding of the temple is very peaceful. Attend the auspicious arti and hear the beautiful and soothing hymns in the temple.
Price: Rs. 20 per person.
5. Visit Bharatpur Palace and Museum: Built in the 2nd century, Bharatpur Palace and Museum is the architectural marvel and one of the most prominent structures of Bharatpur. Built in beautiful Mughal - Rajput architectural designs the place is sure to leave you mesmerised.
The stunningly decorated walls, patterned flooring and authentic interiors are a glimpse into the history of Rajasthan. There is a museum named Kamra Khas inside the palace that displays various antiques, about 581 stone sculptures, 861 local art and craft wares and ancient scriptures from Bharatpur’s history.
6. Feet peace at Chawad Devi Temple: Come and take the blessing of the almighty at the beautiful Chawad Devi Temple. A famous place amongst tourists and locals alike, visit here to feel the peace and serenity at its best.
The temple is visited by thousands of people every year who are visiting Bharatpur as it is considered lucky. If you wish to spend some time here at peace then visit in the morning hours.
7. Visiting Laxman Mandir: Another popular temple amongst the Bharatpur temples is Laxman Mandir. Visiting here and taking the blessings of the lord is amongst the must things to do in Bharatpur.
The beautiful architecture with intricately carved doors, embellished walls and grandiose arches will leave you breathless. The temple was built to honour Lord Laxman, brother of Ram, and has idols of him and his wife Urmila along with statues of Hanuman, Shatrughan, Bharat and Ram.
8. Go Shopping in Bharatpur: If you are a shopaholic and want to get your hands on some authentic rajasthani clothes, jewellery and many other handicraft items then shopping is a must things to do in Bharatpur for you.
The markets here are sprawling with tons of choices so dedicate one evening to this activity and take home some awesome souvenirs. You will get everything from jewellery of precious and semi-precious stones, handicrafts, brass work, antiques and Jaipur block print and bandhej textiles. Kundan jewellery is also a must buy.
9. Admire the stunning Ganga Mandir: One of the most beautiful temples of Bharatpur, Ganga Mandir was built in 1845 in stunning Rajputana, Mughal and South Indian architectures combined together.
The temple is very famous and is dedicated to goddess Ganga. Located in the centre of the city, it is also easily accessible and is hence visited by many people. Come here and feel the peace and serenity flow through you.
What are the adventure things to do in Bharatpur?
1. Zip lining: Zip lining is a fun activity in which you slide over a cable through amazing landscapes taking in the bird’s eye view of your surroundings. Indulge in this activity and let your adrenaline rush as you slide from one point to another. This is amongst the things to do in Bharatpur that is completely safe and done under well trained professionals.
2. Burma bridge: For people who don't want to go for extreme sports but still want to experience the thrill, this is a great activity. A rope bridge is suspended on a height and you have to cross it after wearing the harness. The bridge is shaky and you will have to work your balance in this activity. It is a great activity to try with your family.
3. Archery: Try your hands at archery and aim at the bull’s eye. Archery is a sport that involves the skill of using a bow to shoot arrows. Indulge in this fun activity and improve your aim with every arrow. The instructors will help you learn different ways to shoot and point at the target.
4. Rifle shooting: Bharatpur things to do are plenty but if you feel like you are pumping up your adrenaline then try this activity. Rifle shooting is a popular activity and you can learn how to aim and improve your skills. Spend a fun day by trying this sport under expert guidance.
What is famous in Bharatpur?
Bharatpur is famous for the Bharatpur bird sanctuary and is known worldwide for it. There are tons of other attractions starting from historical marvels like Lohagarh fort or Bharatpur museum or the famous Keoladeo National Park and Banke Bihari temple, Bharatpur offers a lot to its travellers. Bharatpur is also known for its many temples and devotees visit here every year.
Is Bharatpur worth a visit?
Yes, that's a 100% yes. Bharatpur is a destination that offers all kinds of adventures and places to visit to its travellers.
Be it the stunning historical marvels like Lohagarh Fort, Bharatpur Palace, The Government Museum or the epitome of natural beauty the Keoladeo National Park, this city brings to your plate all flavours. You can enjoy a shopping spree or visit the various temples. For adventure seekers, activities like zip lining, archery, rifle shooting can also be enjoyed.
What can I buy in Bharatpur?
Popular things to buy in Bharatpur include:
- Carved jewellery of precious and semi-precious stones
- Marble carvings
- Brass work items
- Jaipur textiles- Bandhej.
How can I reach Bharatpur?
Bharatpur is well connected by air, roads and rails and reaching here is easy and well as convenient.
- By Air: The closest airport is Jaipur International Airport is 187 km from Bharatpur and then is Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi which is 216 km away. You can cover the rest of the journey on road by rail as well as road.
- By Train: You can travel to Bharatpur via railway from all major cities and you will deboard at Bharatpur Junction Railway station.
- By Road: Well connected by roads as well to many major cities of Rajasthan and the neighboring states like Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, and Haryana. Hence it is very easy to reach Bharatpur.
What is the best time to visit Bharatpur?
November to February is the best time to visit Bharatpur. This is the winter season in the city which offers pleasant climate to the visitors to explore the various attractions and Bharatpur things to do.
The temperature remains about 7 degrees at night and around 27 degrees in the day time. This is the peak tourist season so make your booking in advance to get some early bird offers.
What is Keoladeo National Park famous for?
Keoladeo National Park which is also famously known as the Bharatpur Bird sanctuary is famous for its amazing flora and fauna especially birds. In the winter season thousands of migratory birds flock this place including the waterfowl.
How far is Bharatpur from Jaipur?
Bharatpur is 183.9 Kms from Jaipur via NH21. The fastest and the most affordable way to reach is via railway by taking a train from Jaipur Junction to Bharatpur Junction which takes just about 2 hours 39 mins. You can also hire cabs or use public transportation like buses for this journey.
How far is Agra from Bharatpur?
Agra is just about 51 kms from Bharatpur. This distance can be easily covered via rail and well as road. By train it takes about 1h 3m to reach from Bharatpur Junction to Agra railway station.
What are the most popular things to do in Bharatpur with kids?
1. Spend a day at Keoladeo National Park: Explore the famous Keoladeo National Park or Bharatpur bird sanctuary and take your kids on a beautiful day out amidst nature. The variety of flora and fauna here is enchanting and your kids will love to have a fun time here. The place is especially famous for thousands of birds.
2. Witness Lohagarh Fort: When it comes to kids, history fascinates them and so will this legendary Iron fort. Built in the 18th century by Maharaja Suraj Mal, this fort is an architectural marvel and will leave your kids mesmerised by its stunning strong architecture.
3. Learn about the city at Government Museum: Take your kids on an excursion of the famous Government museum and make them learn about the history and culture of Bharatpur. The museum houses various paintings and also stone sculptures, wooden carvings, inscriptions, terracotta products etc.
4. Boating: Enjoy a fun session of boating at the artificial lake in the Bharatpur wildlife sanctuary. The mesmerizing surrounding and calm waters are perfect for boating in the morning as well as evening hours.
5. Visit Bharatpur Palace and Museum: Bring your kids to witness the stunning Bharatpur Palace and museum which holds many artifacts from the past. The place has stunning architecture with decorated walls and patterned flooring.
What are the best temples to visit in Bharatpur?
1. Bankebihari Temple: One of the most popular Bharatpur things to do is visiting the precious Banke Bihari Temple. The beautiful temple has idols of lord krishna and goddess Radha and is known to be a place of religious importance.
2. Ganga Mandir: Known as being one of the most beautiful temples in Bharatpur, Ganga Mandir is sure to leave you in awe with its beauty. Built in beautiful Rajputana, Mughal and South Indian architectures combined, this temple is dedicated to goddess Ganga.
3. Laxman Temple: Dedicated to Lord Laxman and his wife Urmila, this beautiful building has the most amazing architecture. It has intricately carved doors, embellished walls and grandiose arches will leave you mesmerised. Other idols in the temple are lord Hanuman, Shatrughan, Bharat and Ram.
4. Chawad Devi Temple: Known to offer peaceful surroundings and a calming atmosphere, visiting Chawad Devi Temple is amongst the must Bharatpur things to do. The aura here is enchanting and you should visit during the morning hours to experience it to the fullest.