Places to Visit and Things to Do in Kota
People Also Ask About Kota Things To Do
What are the best things to do in Kota?
1. Walk through History at Maharao Madho Singh Museum: Taking a historical walk through Maharao Madho Singh Museum is one of the most loved things to do in Kota among history buffs.
Sheltering a rich collection of impressive paintings, pictures, artefacts, antiques, and brilliant sculptures from the Rajputana era, this museum offers the visitors a sneak peek into the regal and glorious history of Rajasthan. The museum is also home to an alluring exhibit of vintage weapons, armors, and regalia. Furthermore, the visitors can also see elegant and attractive local arts, showcasing the commendable skills of the native artists of the region.
Location: Tipta, SH 33, Garh Palace, Kishorepura Darwaja, Kota, Rajasthan 324006.
Timings: From 10 AM to 5 PM.
Price: INR 10 for lower section; INR 50 for upper section.
2. Seek Blessings at Godavari Dham Temple: If you are seeking peace and spirituality, visiting the blissful Godavari Dham Temple can be the one of the most recommended things to do in Kota for you.
Lying on the calm banks of Chambal river, this temple is dedicated to Lord Hanuman, but shelters the figurines of many other deities including Lord Ganesha, Lord Shiva, and Lord Bhairava. The temple organizes special midnight and early morning aarti on every Saturday and Tuesday. The temple receives thousands of devotees from across the country for the aarti every week.
Location: Godavari dham hanuman vatika, Dadabari, Kota, Rajasthan 324009.
3. Marvel at the Magnificent City Palace: Pay a visit to the majestic Kota City Palace and gaze in awe at the mesmerizing amalgamation of Rajasthani and Mughal architectural designs.
Adorned with impressive wall paintings, mirror ceilings, mirror walls, floral decorations, hangings lights, and marble floorings, the magnificent Palace speaks a lot about the rich history of the city of Kota. The palace is also home to an intriguing museum, which exhibits medieval weaponries and costumes of the erstwhile queens and kings.
Location: Tulsi Marg, Gangori Bazar, J.D.A. Market, Pink City, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302002.
Timings: 10.00 AM to 4.30 PM.
Price: INR 20 for Indian nationals; INR 40 for foreign nationals; INR 50 for stills & video cameras.
4. Go on a Shopping Spree to City Mall: Since shopping is one of the most famous things in Kota, make it a point to go shopping at the very popular City Mall. Spread across a huge area of around 2.6 lakh sq. ft., this swanky mall features a variety of stores, selling jewelry, electronic gadgets, and clothing.
The shopaholics can also find popular brands here, such as Dominos, Adidas, Pepe Jeans, Cafe Coffee Day, Levi’s, and McDonald’s. In addition to all these, the mall also houses an entertainment zone, a food court, multi-cuisine restaurants, and a multi-screen theatre.
Location: A-47, IPIA, Jhalawar Road, Kota, Rajasthan 324005.
Timings: From 10.00 AM to 11.00 PM.
5. Take a Leisurely Stroll at Ganesh Udyan: No matter if you are visiting the city with your soulmate or family, enjoying a peaceful stroll at Ganesh Udyan happens to be one of the most favourite things to do in Kota for all kinds of travellers. Packed with a wide variety of trees and colourful flowers, this huge garden presents unadulterated natural beauty.
All the exotic trees and plants in this breathtaking forest-garden have their names written on their body in order to offer the visitors an educational tour. There is also a well-maintained food court on the premises of the garden, which serves delectable snacks and refreshing beverages to the visitors.
Location: Ganesh Nagar, Kota, Rajasthan 324010.
Timings: From 9.00 AM to 9.00 PM.
6. Pay a Visit to the Seven Wonders Park: If you are an architecture or history enthusiast, visiting the Seven Wonders Park will undoubtedly be one of the best things to do in Kota for you.
This unique park is packed with the miniature versions of the world’s seven wonders. Lying on the charming Kishore Sagar banks, this awe-inspiring park showcases brilliantly crafted miniature versions of the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower, the Colosseum, the Statue of Liberty, Christ The Redeemer, the Great Egyptian Pyramid, and the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
Location: Kishore Sagar Lake, Kota.
Timings: From 4.30 PM to 10.00 PM.
Price: INR 20 for Indian nationals; INR 40 for foreign nationals.
7. Explore the Stunning Jag Mandir Palace: Head to the ‘Queen of Kota’, the incredible Jag Mandir Palace, if you are in search of some exciting things to do in Kota. Made of red sandstones, this magnificent palace dates back to 1740. Having served as the place of relaxation of the royals in the bygone times, Jag Mandir is one of the most-visited tourist places of Kota at the present day and can be accessed by a boat ride.
Location: Kishore Sagar Lake, Kota, Rajasthan.
Timings: From 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM.
Price: No entry fee. INR 300 to 700 for ferry ride.
What are the adventure things to do in Kota?
1. Enjoy a Boat Ride on Kishore Sagar Lake: Head for a serene boat ride on the shimmering waters of the 14th century man-made lake of Kishore Sagar.
2. Trek to Gaipernath Waterfall: One of the most thrilling things to do in Kota is to trek to the picturesque Gaipernath Waterfall, which offers the best picnic and photography opportunities.
3. Experience Wildlife Safari at Darrah Wildlife Sanctuary: Enjoy an exhilarating wildlife safari at Darrah Wildlife Sanctuary and spot unique species of fauna including Asiatic elephant, elks, and sambar deer.
What are the offbeat things to do in Kota?
1. Gaze at the Serene Waters at Kota Barrage: Pay a visit to the Kota Barrage and enjoy gazing at the beautiful frothy white water thrusting out with great force.
2. Hike to Garadia Mahadev: Take a hiking tour to Garadia Mahadev Temple, through virgin green patches flanked by Chambal river. While you hike to the temple, enjoy bird watching and photography.
3. Soak in the Enchanting Views from Chambal Hanging Bridge: Visiting the Chambal Hanging Bridge is one of the most popular things to do in Kota among photo fanatics. Many youngsters visit this suspension bridge of the Chambal river and bask in the exquisite scenic beauty.
4. Explore the Age-Old Raniji ki Baoli: Take an intriguing exploration tour to Raniji ki Baoli, which is an age-old stepwell constructed by the Rajputs. Flaunting a brilliant architecture, this structure features a set of stairs descending into an area that is partly well, partly palace, and partly temple.
Which are the waterparks in Kota?
1. Sawan Phuhar Water Park: Having its name among the famous things in Kota, Sawan Phuhar Waterpark has the city’s largest water pool. Other attractions of this water park include water slides, family slides, a video game hub, and a fast food center.
2. Aquagreens Water Park: Considered to be the first amusement park of Kota city, Aquagreen Water Park features a huge pool, a plethora of water rides, and many fun activities. The park also has a dedicated kids’ zone, which is packed with swings, merry-go-round, and more.
3. Dolphin Pools: Packed with a separate ladies pool, the wave pool and a kids’ zone, Dolphin Pools is a splendid water park. This park also has a special pool with Jacuzzi and a rain dance floor with DJ.
4. Lakshya Water Park & Resort: Lying on Kota-Baran NH, Lakshya Water Park & Resort features wet slides, dry slides, water mushrooms, and the rainbow fall.
5. Radhika Resort & Water Park: Located in Thekda road, Radhika Resort & Water Park features lush greenery in and around its premises. Packed with whimsical rides and a deep pool, this water park is a part of a luxury resort.
For what Kota is famous for?
The city of Kota has gained a lot of popularity across the world in recent times for a number of great things including its intriguing museums, magnificent palaces, gold jewelry, silk sarees, Doria sarees, Kota stone, and unique painting styles.
What should I buy in Kota?
The most famous things to buy in Kota are listed below:
- Lac bangles
- Kota Doria sarees
- Miniature paintings
- Vintage artifacts
- Traditional jewelry.
What is the famous food of Kota?
Some of the most delicious delicacies you must try in Kota include:
- Kota Kachori
- Dal Bati Churma
- Pyaaz Kachori
- Kota ke Paani Patashe.
Which are the best places to stay in Kota?
1. Brijraj Bhawan Palace Hotel: Brijraj Bhawan Palace Hotel is a quaint boutique hotel with modern requisites including a sauna, a games room, a tennis court, a sun terrace, and outdoor furniture. The rooms of the hotel are tastefully furnished with well-stocked minibars.
2. Hotel Lilac: Lying in the heart of Kota, Hotel Lilac is a stunning boutique hotel featuring luxury rooms with VIP facilities. Offering conference facilities and meeting rooms, Hotel Lilac also welcomes business travelers.
3. Hariyali Resort: As its name suggests, Hariyali Resort is perched amidst beautiful lush lawns. The resort flaunts a rustic decor with contemporary facilities including a restaurant, a bar, free wifi, car hire, and babysitting service.
4. Hotel Rallentino: Hotel Rallentino is a lavish 3 star hotel, featuring 26 rooms, a rooftop swimming pool, an in-house multi-cuisine restaurant, and 2 banquet halls. The hotel lies 8 km away from the airport and 1 km away from the Kota Railway Station.
What are the best shopping places in Kota?
1. Main Bazar: Shopping at the Main Bazar Flea Market is one of the most loved things to do in Kota among couples and families alike. One can find a myriad of shops here selling fashionable items, such as sarees, footwear, and jewelry.
2. New Cloth Market: As its name suggests, New Cloth Market is the best hub for shopping budget-friendly sarees and readymade garments. Brimming with shoppaholics throughout the day, this lively flea market lets you bargain to your satisfaction.
3. Instrumentation Limited Colony: Instrumentation Limited Colony is an exuberant shopping hub with a plethora of shops selling a variety of items, starting from electronics goods and footwear to jewelry and designer dresses.
4. Narendra Handloom Emporium: Lying in Kalawati Paliwal Market, the renowned Narendra Handloom Emporium sells a number of traditionally famous things in Kota, such as designer curtains, mattresses, wallpapers, and sofa fabrics.