Must Things to Do in Mumbai This Weekend
About the Activity:
- Do you and your friends love the high of that adrenaline rush? Then make your way to a one-of- a-kind escape room game in Mumbai!
- The Amazing Escape is a one hour long intriguing game where you are locked in a themed room and provided with different clues to unlock the room and escape.
- Feel free to choose any theme from a list of multiple exciting themes including, The Lost Kingdom, Bank Heist, Illuminati, Prison Break, Metro Bomb Defusal and Escape the Tomb.
- Arrive at the venue fifteen minutes prior to the start of the game to get your briefing and then you will be locked inside the themed room you have chosen. Once the clock starts ticking, put on your thinking caps and search for clues that will lead you towards your final goal – Escaping the room in under 60 minutes!
- Say cheese for a quick round of photos and a feedback session once you’re done.
- The game is open to school students, families, friends and corporate teams too. You can also celebrate special occasions like your birthday, anniversary etc at The Amazing Escape and customize your game too!
- The Lost Kingdom: This escape room accommodates 4-7 players. The Lost Kingdom is set at a time in which you are dared to go into the innermost sanctum of a lost kingdom thriving with creepy-crawlies! This is where danger lurks and if you fail to escape in an hour, you might end up getting locked inside forever.
- Bank Heist: This escape room accommodates 4-7 players at a time. The J.A.Q is the most successful heist syndicate and we give you your only chance to be a part of this elite group and make your mark worldwide. The challenge for your team is to attempt a heist at the OKO Bank. With the security cameras in the office deactivated for one hour, you will have to race against time to find the clues to complete the mission.
- Illuminati: This escape room accommodates 3-7 players at a time. Hunt through sealed crypts, dangerous catacombs and deserted cathedrals to investigate the mysterious death of the Catholic Pope in Vatican. Your mission is to prove the Pope was assassinated and escape from there in 60 minutes before the Swiss Guard captures you.
- Prison Break: This escape room accommodates 8-12 players at a time .You are locked in a prison for a crime you did not commit without parole. The previous inmate disappeared with out any trace! Some believe he escaped and some say he was murdered by the cruel warden! Your task is to escape from the cell in one hour while the warden is out of his office as this is the only chance you’ll get.
- The Metro Bomb Defusal: This escape room can accommodate 8- 12 players at a time. The game is to find and disarm a bomb placed by the Laksha group in the metro station. It is up to you to save the lives of innocent commuters. The terrorists have provided you with some clues and hints to reach the bomb but they are brilliant so that it would be tough to disarm the bomb. Remember, you have only one hour left to keep the city safe.
- Escape the Tomb: This escape room accommodates 4-6 players at a time. Explore the mythical mystery of a Pharaoh buried inside an inner tomb of a Pyramid. Visited by many but with no successful escapers, there is a belief that the Pharaoh’s chamber is cursed. The game is to escape the inner chamber where you can find the Pharoah’s body in 60 minutes or you will also suffer the same destiny.
- Minimum pax required- 2
- The timings are as follow:
- 11:30 AM, 12:45 PM, 2 PM, 03:15PM, 04:30 PM, 05:45 PM, 07:00 PM, 8:15 PM and 9:30 PM
- Mumbai is the city that never sleeps, and that is something that you very evidently see in the nightlife here. This pub crawl tour in the most active nightlife zones of the city, South Bombay's Colaba, will take you on a roll.
- Start from the Colaba Social at about 7 PM and start hitting various pubs of the area, and conclude the trip at Havana Café & Ba at around 10 PM.
- Everywhere you go in the duration of 3 hours, you will get free entry, and free shots. There will also be several experiences of an ice breaker, games, and loads of fun with dance.
- Meet new people in energetic, fun, friendly and most certainly wild atmosphere, have fun and make memories with the cheeky host.
- Talking about the host, the guide for the night will entertain you with commentary in the form of stories relating to the area, so you will also get some great insider tips and tricks to save money and explore the best of the city.
Endpoint: Hoppipolla, 759, 5th Ln, Ramkrishna Nagar, Khar West, Mumbai
Timings: 7 PM to 10 PM
Minimum no. of people required: 2
About the Activity:
- This stunning experience begins as you set off from the gateway of India, 10 minutes prior to your booked time. A speedboat will then take you to your assigned boat; post which your sail into the wide open waters begins.
- Set off on a leisure sailing in Mumbai over the magical Arabian Sea in an international class keelboat which will give you a feel of having left your worries far behind!
- The sight of the endless blue seas and the rim of horizon peeking over the end will surely make you sigh in exultation.
- The luxury sailing experience is far from anything you have ever imagined and the boat is well equipped with luxuries as well as safety procedures in the presence of the sailor and the skipper.
- At an additional cost, you can also learn to sail over 2 hours of 10 sessions each; 1-3 participants can take part in this activity at a time.
The options to book the package are given as two variants, Join a Group and Private Tour. You are requested to either book Join a Group which shows the cost for adults or Private Tour which shows the cost of one Sailing boat.
Timings: 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM, 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM, 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM, 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM, 6:00 PM to 7:45 PM
About the activity:
Mumbai is famous across India for its outstanding street food but discovering good eateries in a big city is not always easy. Not to worry, that’s where we come in! We’ll help you experience all the flavors the city has to offer by guiding you through Mumbai’s two best street food areas. You’ll start at Mumbai’s most famous beach, Chowpatty, where you’ll try an array of Mumbai’s best vegetarian street food as we watch the sunset. You’ll have classics such as dahi puri, pani puri and pav bhaji. You will also stop at a popular restaurant where they serve the best Bombay Sandwich. Then you'll walk towards Hinduja College & try some more street food like Masala poppadum & Mumbai Pasta. After this, you'll take a taxi to the Gateway of India via CST railway station and try a popular food joint.
Hope you’re hungry!
Timings: There are generally two slots for the activity : Afternoon and Evening . Kindly coordinate with the respective tour operators to get the finalized slot.
Starting & Ending Point: Eros Cinema
Min 2 & max 5 people are allowed to book this activity.
About the Activity:
- Arrive with your partner at the Gateway of India and set off on a cruise on the waves. As you board the ship, you will be welcomed on board with a glass of wine or fruit champagne.
- Gaze into the open sea with nothing but the cooling sea breeze amidst luxury of a yacht that is equipped with a 2 BHK, Pantry upper deck and lower deck.
- The sailing experience lasts for two hours (6 PM to 8 PM) and gets you back to Gateway of India in all pomp and splendor!
- For a true romantic candle light dinner cruise in Mumbai with your loved one, take to the alluring shores of Arabian Sea in Mumbai.
About the Activity:
- Indulge in the most innovative way of exploring Mumbai with this Helicopter Joy Ride!
- Think beyond exploring the metropolis through land and water, and indulge in this novel activity that provides a bird's view of the city.
- Enthrall in this exclusive helicopter ride that provides an unmatched panoramic view.
- Fly under the guidance of expert pilots who consider safety to be of paramount importance, and experience the exhilaration of watching Mumbai from the skies.
- There are three categories available; shared helicopter ride, private ride for couples and private ride for up to 3 persons.
The city of dreams calls people from all over the world to fulfill their desires, explore opportunities and enjoy the magic of a metro city. From Church gate to Marine drive, Mumbai is a shining in glitters of architecture, heritage, slums and of course, Bollywood!
About the Activity:
- With this activity, you will be picked up either from Airport or nearby area..
- Places that will be visited during the tour include Gateway of India, Taj Mahal Hotel, Nariman Point, Mahalaxmi/Haji Ali/Siddhivinayak (any 1), Girgaum Chowpatty Beach, Shivaji Park, Lower Parel business district, VT Station and BMC Headquarters.
- Your driver cum guide will be helping you everywhere in transferring and providing information regarding various places.
Min number of people:- 1
Max number of people:- 20
About the Tour:
Besides you also witness a live shoot of the actors and then enjoy a special Bollywood dance show only where you can join the participants and dance with delight. Also, you get a chance to click photos with actors on receiving proper permission.
The package is inclusive of convenient hotel pick up and drop off facility and comfortable transportation in an air-conditioned car. The package also provides with an English speaking guide along with the privilege of a live dance show. You shall also receive bottled water and light refreshment at the studio. The package is also inclusive of the tickets to the Bollywood Studio.
Timings of the Activity: 1:00 PM
Starting/Ending Point: Your Hotel, Mumbai
Note: The minimum number of persons required to book this package is 2.
About the Activity:
This tour takes approximately 2 hours to cover Dharavi and its neighboring points of interest.
Timings: 9:30 AM or 3:00 PM
Starting Point: Mahim Railway Station
Ending Point: Dharvi Kumbharwada 90 feet road
Min 2 & max 10 people are allowed to book this activity.
- Located on the Nasik Mumbai Highway, a day out at the Shangrila Resort and Waterpark will be the best kind of retreat that you can have here in the city of Mumbai.
- In this resort situated in the Thane District of Mumbai, you will feel in awe of the location and the planning of the entire space. Set against the hills, the place is perfect for enjoying with friends, family or corporate teams.
- Included in the package is entry to the water park and amusement park, alongside breakfast, lunch and hi tea.
Timings: 9 AM to 6:30 PM
Others Things to Do in Mumbai This Weekend
The Gateway of India is counted among the most important landmarks of the Indian city of Mumbai. The structure is famous for its historical significance all over the world. So, on your trip to the city, taking a stroll at this legendary destination is one of the important things to do in Mumbai this weekend.
Gateway of India is best visited during the evening when you can walk around the place and also relish on some mouth-watering local food at various small stalls lined up there. You can also take some good pictures standing in front of the monument and capture the memory of your visit to cherish forever.
Location: Apollo Bandar, Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001
Tourists visiting Mumbai never miss out on spending some quality time at Marine Drive. This beautiful destination promises to offer its visitors peace, serenity, and tranquility. So, it goes without saying that planning a full day excursion to Marine Drive is one of the most recommended things to do in Mumbai this weekend.
When at Marine Drive, you can choose to sit and relax for some time or just take a brief walk along the walkway. You can spend time admiring the beautiful and praiseworthy architecture of the Art Deco buildings. You may even choose to visit the nearby attractions like the Taraporewala Aquarium and the National Center for the Performing Arts. In the evening, you can try some local snacks at the food stalls set up near Marine Drive.
Location: Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Road, Chowpatty, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400007
Timing: Anytime during the day
Enjoy at Imagica Theme Park
Imagica Theme Park happens to be one of the biggest amusement destinations in Mumbai. It is famous among travelers for its adventurous rides, picturesque location, and delicious food and beverages.
Some of the attractions of Imagica Theme Park include Alibaba Aur Chalis Chorr, Chhota Bheem The Ride, Dare 2 Drop, Cinema 360 – Prince of The Dark Waters, Gold Rush Express, Deep Space, Mambo Chai Chama – Crazy Tea Cups, Save the Pirate, Motion Box Theatre, I for India, Bump It Boats, and Loch Ness Explorers.
Location: 30/31 Sangdewadi, Khopoli-Pali Road, Near Lonavala, Khopoli, Maharashtra 410203
Timing: 10.30 AM to 8 PM
Price: On Weekdays – INR 1499 for adults & INR 1099 for children
On Weekends – INR 1599 for adults & INR 1299 for children
If you are confused about what to do in Mumbai this weekend, simply head to Essel World, the largest amusement park in India. The park houses multiple fun and adventurous rides for visitors of all ages. Wet rides, dry rides, and a big food court form the major attractions of the park.
Essel World shelters a total of 15 rides, out of which there are 5 family rides, 5 adult rides, and 5 children rides. In addition, the park also has a shopping avenue where visitors can enjoy an endless shopping spree
Location: Gorai Rd, Essel world Amusement Park, Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400091
Timing: 10.30 AM to 6.30 PM
Price: INR 885 for adults and INR 649 for children
Heading to Juhu beach for an excursion is another activity to try out of the many things to do in Mumbai this weekend. This beach is popular for its scenic beauty and peaceful atmosphere. Visitors love to walk among the sea, take pictures against the tranquilizing background, and just lie down and relax on the open beach.
This beach has also gained a lot of popularity for its food. Many small food stalls get lined up here and offer visitors an authentic taste of the local dishes of the city. Juhu beach also offers visitors a scope to carry out activities like camel riding, horse riding, skipping, cycling, jogging, and practicing yoga.
Location: Juhu Tara Road, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400049
When you ask what to do in Mumbai this weekend, it is quite likely that many of your close friends will suggest you take a car and head to the Bandra-Worli Sea Link for a long drive. Well, this is actually the best and most recommended things to do in Mumbai this weekend.
The Bandra-Worli Sea Link happens to be one of the major attractions of the city. The true beauty of this bridge lies in its architecture, which seems to compliment the open sea under it. The Bandra-Worli Sea Link is undeniably the perfect blend of man-made excellence and natural beauty. While you drive through the bridge, don’t forget to roll your vehicle windows down and allow the breeze to touch your face.
Location: Mahim Bay, Maharashtra 400030
Price: INR 55 to INR 137 for cars
One of the biggest caves here measures about 39 metres from the front to the back. The main body of the Elephanta Cave is about 27 square meters, supported by six rows of pillars. The caves show distinct artistic features from the time of its construction.
The caves feature rock-cut architecture, which makes the entire layout of the caves very interesting. The Elephanta Caves have a combination of sculpture art and aesthetic beauty carved into the rock formations.
This is what makes it popular among archaeologists as well as historians, who wish to find out more about the natives who moved on the Gharapuri Island (Elephanta Caves) in 2nd century BC. Come here to experience the ruins of an ancient world on the Elephanta Island, and see the caves and sculptures in their natural surroundings.
Best Time to visit: October-March
Entry fee: INR 10 (Indian), INR 250 (foreigner), free (child)
Distance from Mumbai Bus Stand: 7.3 km from MSRTC Mumbai Central
Catch a Live Play at Prithvi Theatre
Prithvi Theatre is a popular performing arts hub in Mumbai. This place is one of the well-equipped theatres in the city. This theatre was founded by the legendary Bollywood star Shashi Kapoor in the memory of his beloved father Mr. Prithviraj Kapoor.
The theatre has a total of 200 seats and around 500 plays and shows are staged here annually. If you are having a tough time figuring out what to do in Mumbai this weekend, then just book yourself a ticket and head to enjoy a live play in the renowned Prithvi Theatre.
Location: 20 Janki Kutir, Juhu Church Rd, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400049
Timing: 11.30 AM to 9.30 PM
Price: INR 125 to INR 400 per person
One of the best and most exciting things to do in Mumbai this weekend is heading to Colaba Causeway to shop till you drop. From the cheapest street garments to designer clothing – this lane has got fashion apparel that would suit every pocket.
Visitors usually head to this destination to buy clothes, purses, shoes, furnishings, and bags at dirt cheap prices. If you are good at bargaining, then you can negotiate shamelessly and no one will judge you. Colaba Causeway also shelters a host of good cafes and restaurants where the visitors can enjoy relishing some mouth-watering delicacies of the city.
Location: Colaba Causeway, Colaba, South Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Timing: Anytime during the day
Price: Depends on the things you buy
This passage of time can be traced in the intricacy of different caves as you can distinguish between the earlier ones from the new ones as being much simpler. The paintings, sculptures and carvings in the later caves are much more sophisticated. The caves home Buddhist sculptures and the architecture is heavily inspired by ancient Buddhist motifs. Today, one of the caves has been converted into a monastery and holds an important place in the religion.
The setting of the caves is as picturesque and beautiful as the caves themselves. These basalt formations sit against the backdrop of lush greenery which extends miles upon miles, at what is considered the world’s largest reserve within a major city’s limits. The caves lie at a distance of around 5 kilometres from the national park’s entrance.
Location - The caves are located inside the Sanjay Gandhi National Park in Mumbai, in the suburbs of Borivali. After entering the national park, you must cover a distance of approximately 5 kilometres to reach the caves.
Timings - The caves are open between 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM every day except for Mondays.