An adventure-junkie’s retreat, New Zealand offers the best of extreme, adrenaline-pumping action!
Do a bungy jump from the iconic bridge of Kawarau in Queenstown or from the midst of the Auckland Harbour. Either way, the gooseflesh never goes away! If you’re one to experiment, the Nevis Highwire Platform among the backdrop of the Southern Alps, the highest in the country, is just for you.
Do you like venturing into the depths of the unknown? Visit the Waitomo Caves in Waikato or Ngarua Caves in Nelson for some cave exploration, where you can trek, do black water rafting or climbing. South Island in New Zealand has several other options.
Take a leap (mostly of faith!) and absorb the view from the top. Tandem skydiving in New Zealand’s Queenstown, especially the Lake Wanaka region, is every eligible tourist’s favourite daytime activity. We hear that it’s remarkably surreal from up there!
Travelling with kids? We have just the family adventure for you – jet boating! New Zealand’s pristine, water channels, like the Canterbury River, Buller of South Island and Rangitaiki in North Island are ideal locations for such activities.
1. Visit Milford Sound in Fiordland National Park
Image Credits : Jocelyn Kinghorn - Flickr
2. Sailing in Bay of Islands
Image Credits : Abaconda Management Group - Flickr
3. Walk the Routeburn Track
Image Credits : Kiwinz - Flickr
4. Wanaka Lake
5. Abel Tasman National Park
Image Credits : Brewbooks - Flickr
6. ChristChurch Art Gallery
7. Botanical Gardens At ChrishtChurch
8. SkyDiving in Taupo
Image Credits : Steve Montgomery - Flickr
9. Surfing in Whangamata
Image Credits : Miguel Navaza - Flickr
10. Hot Water Beach
11. Road Trip on State Highway 94
12. Fiord of Milford Sound
13. Skiing at The Remarkables
Image Credits : Tom Jankowski - Flickr
14. Hobbiton Movie Set
Image Credits : Chris- Flickr
15. View Endangered Native Birds on Tiritiri Matangi
16. Sail on America’s Cup Boat
17. Explore the Wine Region of Hawkes’ Bay by Bike
18. Tongariro Crossing Hike
Image Credits : Jeff P - Flickr
19. Explore the Waitomo Caves
Image Credits : Robert Linsdell - Flickr
20. Take all Eight 'great walks'
21. Go Kiwi Spotting on Stewart Islands
22. Go Kayaking in Doubtful Sounds
Image Credits : Leroy Chew - Flickr
23. Bungy, Jet boating, White water rafting, Canyoning, Paragliding, Sky diving, fly-by-wire in Queenstown
24. Go Heli Hiking on Franz Josef Glaciers
25. Ride the Tranz Alpine Train
Image Credits : ?David Maciulaitis - Flickr
26. Visit the postcard-perfect Church of the Good Shepherd on the shores of Lake Tekapo
Image Credits : thinboyfatter - Flickr