Paragliding In Shimla Highlights
- Embark on this exciting paragliding activity Shimla and get spell bound by its captivating landscapes
- Soar at a height of 4000 ft. above and enjoy the aerial views of the Queen of Hills
- The activity instructor will help you with the detailed insight, basic techniques, and safety measures required in the activity before hand
- Rest assured, you will be provided with good quality safety equipment and gears to enjoy a safe flight
Paragliding In Shimla Overview
Activity Location: Seri Junga, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Activity Timing: 11 AM to 4:30 PM
Activity Duration: 10-15 minutes (Depending on the wind)
About Paragliding In Shimla:
Shimla is known as Queen of Hills and is a favorite destination of many people seeking the opportunity to get close to the hills and see the real beauty. Paragliding in Shimla brings to you the aerial view of the hill station and that is why the unique and offbeat experience of Shimla paragliding is worth a try whenever you are here. Try this exciting activity and catch the bird's eye view of the city from 4000 ft. above.
Note: The time and duration of the flight are dependent on actual weather conditions but most of the paragliding trip takes 10 to 15 minutes to reach the landing point.
About The Activity:
- Arrive at the paragliding site on your own and get briefed about the event.
- Get into the gear and start the paragliding experience after a short briefing session from your guide.
- Soar up to the height of 4000 ft. above the hill station of Shimla and then slowly descend down towards the landing site, guided by an experienced pilot.
- At the end of approximately 15 minutes of paragliding, you will be received and helped in getting out of the gear to bring the experience to an end.
- The flight with the assistance of an experienced and professional guide will give you the experience of flying above the snow-capped and beautiful forest.
How to reach?
The village Seri, Junga Shimla is 27 km far from Shimla city so by the public or private vehicle you can reach
Nearest airport: Chandigarh airport is the nearest airport to Chaba at a distance of 140km. Domestic flights from major cities are available to reach Chandigarh.
Nearest railway station: Chandigarh Railway Station is the nearest railway station at a distance of 134 km from Chaba. Trains from major cities are available to reach Chandigarh.
Nearest bus stop: Chaba bus stop is the nearest bus stop to the activity location at a distance of 2km. One can easily reach the Chaba bus stand utilizing public and private transport.
More Details about Paragliding In Shimla
Know Before You Go for Paragliding In Shimla
- Paragliding weight limit is 25 kg-95 kg.
- Photography and videography during the paragliding flight is chargeable separately.
- The flight time is totally dependent on the weather conditions and may vary from expected.
- Consumption of drugs and other intoxicants while carrying out the activity is strictly prohibited.
- The activity set up and instructions can take up to 30 minutes. The flight time of the activity is 15 minutes.
- Listen to the instructor carefully.
- Pilot advises those experiencing the ride for the first time to run a while for a successful and good take off.
- Wear proper fitting boots and thermal innerwear. Avoid wearing thick or more than one pair of socks for better blood circulation.
- Meals or transfers are not included in the package.
- Prefer wearing track pants instead of jeans.
- Use equipment with care.
- Do not litter.
- Do not overeat or drink before the flight.
- Wear light and comfortable clothes and sports shoes.
- The minimum age required for paragliding is 15 year and the maximum age is 65 years