Hampta Valley Snow Trek Highlights
- Walk through the snowy heaven, beautiful meadows, alpine forests along rivulets
- The exceptional beauty of snow covered villages and also it's proximity to Manali attracts various tourists.
- Trek through the valley of glaciers of the Pir Panjal Ranges between Manali and Spiti Valley
Hampta Valley Snow Trek Overview
About Hampta Valley Snow Trek
Hampta Valley offers majestic views of the Himalayan mountain range and some amazing trekking experiences. Arrange your eyes steady to capture the glittering images of the snow-clad peaks and towering mountains lifted up by the presence of hundreds of trees.
This 4 Day Snow Trekking experience in the Hampta Valley will take you to white heaven. Covered in thick snow, the trek is accessible during the winter season and offers its travelers a challenging yet fulfilling experience. Enjoy the snowy trail and indulge in some snow activities. Enjoy your evenings with a piping hot dinner around the warmth of the bonfire.
Quick Facts About Hampta Valley Snow Trek:
Maximum Altitude: 10,104 ft.
Trek Grade: Easy
Total Trek Distance: 20 km
Temperature: 12°C to 8°C during the day and at night -10 to -15°C.
Best time to Visit Hampta Valley Snow Trek: December to March
Nearest Airport: Kullu Manali Airport, Bhuntar
Base Camp: Prini
Start point/Endpoint: Manali
How to reach Manali:
The nearest airport to Manali is Kullu Manali Airport, located approximately 50 kilometers away from Manali town, in Bhuntar. Domestic flights from Delhi and Chandigarh are directly connected. The chief operating airline companies are Air India, IndiGo, and SpiceJet.
How to Reach Manali by Railways. The closest train station to Manali is Ambala Cantt, which is 200 km away. Another option is to get a train to Chandigarh, which is 250 km away. Ambala Cantt is on the Delhi Amritsar route.
The best and most cost-effective way to reach Manali is by road. Roads connect Manali to different places including Delhi (540km), Chandigarh (305km), Dehradun (227km), and Ambala (370km). There are several private buses as well that connect the hill station with different parts of the state.
Inclusions for the Hampta Valley Snow Trek:
1. Accommodation – You will be staying in tents for 4 days of the trek (3 people/tent). Room/tent is separate for the male and female participants.
2. Meals – (Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner). We provide simple, nutritious veg/Jain food on all days of the trek
3. Camping charges – All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
4. Trekking equipment – High-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. Sleeping bags can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC.
5. Safety equipment – First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter, etc. will be with guide/trek leader and at the campsite as well to deal with emergencies.
6. Expert trek Leaders – All our trek leaders are at least qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering and first aid course.
7. Expert Trek support team – The mountain staff on Hampta Valley Snow Trek consists of certified guides, cooks, helpers, and porters.
8. Transfers- Transportation from Manali - Prini Village and vice-versa.
Available Group Departures for Hampta Valley Snow Trek:
More Details about Hampta Valley Snow Trek
Know Before You Go for Hampta Valley Snow Trek
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- Consult a physician before undertaking the trek. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the trek.
- Pay heed to the trek guides and instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travelers littering may be fined.
- Do not encourage trekking during the night unless it is a part of the itinerary and a guide is with you; this might lead to unforeseen mishaps.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government are to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitization and use of mask is recommended.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the package.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Please carry a valid ID proof.
- The exact location of the the starting point of the trek will be shared post booking.
Things To Carry for Hampta Valley Snow Trek
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Water bottle
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Hiking shoes
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf