Lakha Mandal Temple: Stunningly placed on a hill slope along the bank of Yamuna, this temple is affluent with beautiful sculptures and inscriptions.
Chakrata: Chakarta is famous for its cool and calm milieu. Astonishing beauty and the medicinal sulphur waterfalls are one of the prime attractions.
How to get there
By Air: The nearest airport is Jolly Grant, situated at a distance of about 24 km from the main Rishikesh town.
By Road: Road network is well connected to all major towns of Uttaranchal and surrounding areas.
By Rail: Rishikesh is linked to all the major towns and cities of India. Some of the links are accessible only from Haridwar.
Best time to visit: November-December and April-July.
- Ski training courses are available here.
- Grade: Challenging, IV to V
- Skiing equipments include the most modern alpine skis, Nordic skis, gloves and goggles.
- Skiing gear is available on hire.
Things to carry
- Take medications such as inhalers, bee-sting kits, insulin and first aid box etc.
- Bring woolen clothings, cap, socks, dark glasses, gloves, mufflers, pullovers, wind-proof jacket, gum/snow boots and a torch light in their travel kit.
Other Attractions in the Vicinity
Tapkeshwar temple: A cave temple located in the Garhi region, this temple is devoted to Lord Mahadev. There lies a shivling in temple. Water drops on it and after dripping the temple gained its name as Tapkeshwar.
Jauljibi: Jauljibi is located on the meeting point of two watercourses “ Gori and Kali". The settlement is the entry point of the trek which trails to Lipulekh Pass and Untadhura and Milam glaciers.
Dakpathar: Located around 45 km from Dehradun, this place has become major attraction. It has the huge stretches of Yamuna and Shivalik range. It offers panoramic sight of the places around.
Kalsi: Only 5 km from Dakpathar, this place is notable for an Ashokan pillar with inscription in Devanagri. This Pillar is well-kept by the Archaeological Survey of India.