Things to Do in Mumbai for Youngsters
About the Activity:
- This stunning experience begins as you set off from the gateway of India, 10 minutes prior to your booked time. A speedboat will then take you to your assigned boat; post which your sail into the wide open waters begins.
- Set off on a leisure sailing in Mumbai over the magical Arabian Sea in an international class keelboat which will give you a feel of having left your worries far behind!
- The sight of the endless blue seas and the rim of horizon peeking over the end will surely make you sigh in exultation.
- The luxury sailing experience is far from anything you have ever imagined and the boat is well equipped with luxuries as well as safety procedures in the presence of the sailor and the skipper.
- At an additional cost, you can also learn to sail over 2 hours of 10 sessions each; 1-3 participants can take part in this activity at a time.
The options to book the package are given as two variants, Join a Group and Private Tour. You are requested to either book Join a Group which shows the cost for adults or Private Tour which shows the cost of one Sailing boat.
Timings: 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM, 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM, 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM, 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM, 6:00 PM to 7:45 PM
- Get ready to be amused to watch the moving globally recognized stars from different sorts of life displayed at the first international was museum in Mumbai. It was launched on 3rd December 2016 at RCity Mall, Ghatkoper, Mumbai.
- It is a museum or a gallery of stars, global personalities introduced to the world through life like wax statues.
- The museum promises a true red carpet event atmosphere with moving statues. Visitors of any age group will find the museum quite attractive.
- Currently, it showcases renowned personalities like Mahatma Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln, Balasaheb Thackeray, Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, Dalai Lama, Albert Einstein and many more.
- The address of the museum:
- Redcarpet Wax Museum, R City Mall, 1st floor, 400086, Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg, Amrut Nagar, Ghatkopar West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400086.
- You can visit the museum any day between 11:00 am and 9:00 pm.
About the Activity:
- Arrive with your partner at the Gateway of India and set off on a cruise on the waves. As you board the ship, you will be welcomed on board with a glass of wine or fruit champagne.
- Gaze into the open sea with nothing but the cooling sea breeze amidst luxury of a yacht that is equipped with a 2 BHK, Pantry upper deck and lower deck.
- The sailing experience lasts for two hours (6 PM to 8 PM) and gets you back to Gateway of India in all pomp and splendor!
- For a true romantic candle light dinner cruise in Mumbai with your loved one, take to the alluring shores of Arabian Sea in Mumbai.
Delve into the glittering world of Bollywood films on a half-day tour in Mumbai. Start by visiting a shooting location to watch the action, then get a behind-the-scenes look at the technical work of a Bollywood studio. If time permits, you may be able to see an actor’s makeup room or pose for photos with current movie stars. You might even get your picture taken with a Bollywood actor.
You can choose from two packages:
1. Bollywood Studio Tour(30-45 Mins)
2. Bollywood Studio Tour(1-2 Hours)
Timings: Between 11:30 am to 3 pm
Location: In Andheri or Chandivali
How to reach?
You can easily get public and private transportation to reach the location.
The operator will connect you after the booking for the exact location.
About the Activity:
- Do you and your friends love the high of that adrenaline rush? Then make your way to a one-of- a-kind escape room game in Mumbai!
- The Amazing Escape is a one hour long intriguing game where you are locked in a themed room and provided with different clues to unlock the room and escape.
- Feel free to choose any theme from a list of multiple exciting themes including, The Lost Kingdom, Bank Heist, Illuminati, Prison Break, Metro Bomb Defusal and Escape the Tomb.
- Arrive at the venue fifteen minutes prior to the start of the game to get your briefing and then you will be locked inside the themed room you have chosen. Once the clock starts ticking, put on your thinking caps and search for clues that will lead you towards your final goal – Escaping the room in under 60 minutes!
- Say cheese for a quick round of photos and a feedback session once you’re done.
- The game is open to school students, families, friends and corporate teams too. You can also celebrate special occasions like your birthday, anniversary etc at The Amazing Escape and customize your game too!
- The Lost Kingdom: This escape room accommodates 4-7 players. The Lost Kingdom is set at a time in which you are dared to go into the innermost sanctum of a lost kingdom thriving with creepy-crawlies! This is where danger lurks and if you fail to escape in an hour, you might end up getting locked inside forever.
- Bank Heist: This escape room accommodates 4-7 players at a time. The J.A.Q is the most successful heist syndicate and we give you your only chance to be a part of this elite group and make your mark worldwide. The challenge for your team is to attempt a heist at the OKO Bank. With the security cameras in the office deactivated for one hour, you will have to race against time to find the clues to complete the mission.
- Illuminati: This escape room accommodates 3-7 players at a time. Hunt through sealed crypts, dangerous catacombs and deserted cathedrals to investigate the mysterious death of the Catholic Pope in Vatican. Your mission is to prove the Pope was assassinated and escape from there in 60 minutes before the Swiss Guard captures you.
- Prison Break: This escape room accommodates 8-12 players at a time .You are locked in a prison for a crime you did not commit without parole. The previous inmate disappeared with out any trace! Some believe he escaped and some say he was murdered by the cruel warden! Your task is to escape from the cell in one hour while the warden is out of his office as this is the only chance you’ll get.
- The Metro Bomb Defusal: This escape room can accommodate 8- 12 players at a time. The game is to find and disarm a bomb placed by the Laksha group in the metro station. It is up to you to save the lives of innocent commuters. The terrorists have provided you with some clues and hints to reach the bomb but they are brilliant so that it would be tough to disarm the bomb. Remember, you have only one hour left to keep the city safe.
- Escape the Tomb: This escape room accommodates 4-6 players at a time. Explore the mythical mystery of a Pharaoh buried inside an inner tomb of a Pyramid. Visited by many but with no successful escapers, there is a belief that the Pharaoh’s chamber is cursed. The game is to escape the inner chamber where you can find the Pharoah’s body in 60 minutes or you will also suffer the same destiny.
- Minimum pax required- 2
- The timings are as follow:
- 11:30 AM, 12:45 PM, 2 PM, 03:15PM, 04:30 PM, 05:45 PM, 07:00 PM, 8:15 PM and 9:30 PM
About the activity:
Mumbai is famous across India for its outstanding street food but discovering good eateries in a big city is not always easy. Not to worry, that’s where we come in! We’ll help you experience all the flavors the city has to offer by guiding you through Mumbai’s two best street food areas. You’ll start at Mumbai’s most famous beach, Chowpatty, where you’ll try an array of Mumbai’s best vegetarian street food as we watch the sunset. You’ll have classics such as dahi puri, pani puri and pav bhaji. You will also stop at a popular restaurant where they serve the best Bombay Sandwich. Then you'll walk towards Hinduja College & try some more street food like Masala poppadum & Mumbai Pasta. After this, you'll take a taxi to the Gateway of India via CST railway station and try a popular food joint.
Hope you’re hungry!
Timings: There are generally two slots for the activity : Afternoon and Evening . Kindly coordinate with the respective tour operators to get the finalized slot.
Starting & Ending Point: Eros Cinema
Min 2 & max 5 people are allowed to book this activity.
About the Activity:
Entrance gate of Shri Swaminarayan Mandir Vadtal, Mumbai
Endpoint: Crawford Market
- By availing the activity, you get to walk through Bhuleshwar Market, Mumba Devi Temple, Zaveri Bazaar, streets of Kalbadevi, Chor Bazaar, Mangaldas Market and Crawford Market at the end.
- You will surely be gaining great experience with the professional guide and get to explore the colorful and pulsating markets of Mumbai.
Timings: 10.00 AM-12.00 AM and 4.00 PM- 6.00 PM
About the Activity:
- Indulge in the most innovative way of exploring Mumbai with this Helicopter Joy Ride!
- Think beyond exploring the metropolis through land and water, and indulge in this novel activity that provides a bird's view of the city.
- Enthrall in this exclusive helicopter ride that provides an unmatched panoramic view.
- Fly under the guidance of expert pilots who consider safety to be of paramount importance, and experience the exhilaration of watching Mumbai from the skies.
- There are three categories available; shared helicopter ride, private ride for couples and private ride for up to 3 persons.
- Mumbai is the city that never sleeps, and that is something that you very evidently see in the nightlife here. This Pub Crawling tour in the Khar West region of Mumbai will promise you the best that this city has to offer in terms of Nightlife.
- Start from outside 3 Wise Monkeys at about 7 PM and start hitting various pubs of the area, and conclude the trip at Hoppipolla at around 10 PM.
- Everywhere you go in the duration of 3 hours, you will get free entry, and free shots. There will also be several experiences of ice breaker, games, and loads of fun with dance.
Endpoint: Colaba Social, Mumbai
Timings: 7 PM to 10 PM
Minimum no. of people required: 2
A Day Out at Imagica
One of the most thrilling things to do in Mumbai for youngsters is having a day out at Imagica that is an attractive recreation zone. The park emphasizes a thematic park, roller coaster zones, entertainment shams, rejuvenating water parks, and numerous other astounding arenas.
The tract entertains more than 3.5 million visitants and is one of the most notable firms of Adlabs Entertainment. The park grants a surplus of engaging activities and one can even have a lip-smacking meal at the various in-house dining options.
Not only this but you can also head for several shopping and recreation options that are established right inside the park.
Location: 30/31 Sangdewadi, Khopoli-Pali Road, Near Lonavala, Khopoli, Maharashtra 410203
Timings: 10:30 am to 8:00 pm
Price: Starting from INR 599 per person
Another one in the array of amusing things to do in Mumbai for youngsters, is having a memorable time with the exciting rides of Essel World. Sprawling over more than 64 acres of land this entertainment abode is frequented by both locals and visitors alike.
The Essel World along with the Water Kingdom is one of Asia’s largest amusement parks and is a delight for the youngsters. Ranging from the exciting rides to the exceptional interiors the amusement parks offer just the right dose of entertainment.
Something that makes this entertainment theme park a must-visit is the thrilling water rides, Top-spin, Slam Bob and various others.Whether you are planning a visit with your family or a bunch of friends this is just the right place for you.
Location: Gorai Rd, Essel world Amusement Park, Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400091
Timings: 10:30 am to 6:30 pm
Price: Starting from INR 500 per person
Wander on the sparkling golden sands of Juhu beach that is a great spot for youngsters and is one of the most frequented Konkan beaches. Ranging from amazing food joints to the entertainment zones, the beach is dotted with each one of them.
Something that one must not dare to miss at this beach is the beautiful sunset and sunrise when the views are just beyond one’s imagination.
Apart from this, here you can even witness a plethora of water adventures namely jet skiing, banana boat ride, and water scooter that are just excellent for the teen soul.
Location: Juhu Beach, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Timings: 24 hours open
Walk over the surreal Bandra Worli Sea Link that extends exceptional displays of the city and is one of the best things to do in Mumbai for teens The link is also called as the Rajiv Gandhi Sea Link and is a cable-stayed bridge that makes it a unique structure.
Each day more than 37K vehicles cross over the bridge and this is one of the must-visit spots. Be it the structure or the look of the sea link, this place lacks nowhere and is quite different.
Location: Mahim Bay, Maharashtra 400030
Timings: 24 hours open
Dharavi Slum Tour
Beyond the limelight and skyscrapers of the Mayanagri lies the “Dharavi slum” that is worth visiting. With this slum tour, you can know about the lives of the people who live in slums that are a combination of creek, swamps, and small houses.
Most of the inhabitants here are fisherfolk, metalsmiths, factory workers, or potters. The 60% of Mumbai’s population lives in slums and this is one of the great spots where you can know the most about their lifestyle. The narrow alleys, small workshops, and Dharavi residents will not fail to amuse you with their culture.
Location: Dharavi Slum, Mumbai
Timings: 24 hours open
Looking for places to visit in Mumbai for youngsters? How about the Gateway of India?. Drawing visitors from different corners of the world this intriguing structure was built back in the 20th century.
This is a prominent landmark of the city and was established to commemorate the King-Emperor George V and Queen-Empress Mary. The mighty structure stands 85 feet high and is famed as the “Taj Mahal” of Mumbai.
The walls of Gateway of India are inscribed with the names of the Indian Viceroys and is a must-visit place for people of all age groups.
Location: Apollo Bandar, Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001
Timings: 24 hours open
Renowned as one of the heritage sites of UNESCO, the Elephanta Caves is one of the best places that you can explore. The cave is a collection of 22 rock-cut caves and was built back in the 5th and 7th centuries out of the beautiful monolithic rocks.
The caves are established in “Gharapuri” which means the city of caves and one visiting here can know why it is named so. The historic charm of the place not only attracts the youngsters but all the history buffs.
Apart from this, here you can even seek blessings from Lord Shiva as the caves have a Shiva temple as well. The rock features elegant mandalas that are carved and painted on the rocks and add up to its charm.
Location: Gharapuri, Maharashtra 400094
Timings: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
One of the best things to do in Mumbai is having quality time at the Marine drive that is also famed as the Queen’s necklace due to its resemblance to it. This 3.6 km long trail is an amazing place to chill with friends and family and one can even spot local vendors selling light snacks everywhere.
The beautiful view of the sparkling water and the fresh soothing vibes of this place makes it a great place to hangout and is arched along the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose road.
Location: Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Road, South Mumbai
Timings: open 24 hours on all days
Price: No entrance fee
Things to Do Near Mumbai For Youngsters
About Sandhan Valley:
Sandhan Valley is a unique experience combining adventure activity such as Rappelling and staying amidst nature. Sandhan valley is a water-carved valley around 200 feet deep. Sandhan is located near beautiful Bhandardara region near village called Samrad. Samrad village and Sandhan Valley is surrounded by Alang, Madan and Kulang Mountains.
Sandhan Valley trek starts from Samrad village. Total trek time is around 5 hours which includes rappelling and crossing pool of water. And deep gorges and one of its kinds of life experience which you feel at end of the trek.
The Great Grand Dad of all Treks - The Valley of Shadows, Where you'll hardly get to see the sunlight, isolated from the outer world, dead silence, passing through those deep creepy ponds, lifeless rocks and boulders, Echoes of your own footsteps will make you feel like a presence of some entity, sleeping by the waterfall with the nocturnal creatures in sub-freezing temperature. You'll remember this 48 hours throughout your lifetime.
Brilliant & deep narrow rock floored ravine between the two high walls of a mountain range. At some places, its width is less than 3 ft so that at some places sun rays unable to reach. So its called the valley of the shadow. To go at the end side of the gorge you have cross 2-3 water pools, water level changes according to seasons, in winter it is up to waist & in summer it is up to knee height. At the end of the valley, you get a magnificent view of high cliffs & deep valleys.
Sandhan Valley trek via Samrad to Dehene is a high difficulty grade trek in the Sahyadri. The Sandhan Valley full-descend is just 2.5 kms long (up to campsite) but the time taken to finish it on a normal weekend is around 10 hours.It starts with a flat trail till you reach the opening of Sandhan Valley. Once you’re into Sandhan Valley, you will be descending through the valley for the entire duration.
Duration - 2D,2N
Height: 4100 ft.
Grade: Above Medium with Thrilling Patches.
Location: Bhandardara Region.
About Pawna Lake Camping:
A 2 days 1 night Pawna Lake Camping on the banks of the beautiful Pawna Lake is here. Take part in this adventure to escape from the hassles of your city life.
The lake is one of the popular artificial lakes located 10 kilometres away from Kamshet on the old Mumbai- Pune highway. It is a place known for nature, lake and green hills all together.
Pawna Camping has become an important campsite after the construction of the Pawna Dam.
This package of camping in Pawna lake comes with camping & sightseeing around the lake, bonfire with music & dinner.
Check In Timing: 4 PM
Check Out Timing: 11 AM
Distance: From Pune: 60 KM ( Via Kamshet)
From Mumbai: 120 KM (Via Lonavala, Bhangarwadi Rd)
Note : Campsite allotment is based on availability and it may be lakeview/riverview
About the Activity & Campsite:
The Kundalika rafting camp is the perfect choice for anyone looking to indulge in adventure in the green escapes of nature! Located at just a couple of hour's drive from Mumbai, it is the preferred hotspot for all those eager to escape the mad rush of the city.
The Kundalika rafting camp gives you a rare opportunity to engage yourself in a multitude of adventure activities in the engaging company of nature. As you take a quiet drive down to the campsite, you can check-in and indulge in the beauty of nature while munching on some yummy snacks and refreshing tea. Fortify yourself and embark on a vast range of activities like kayaking, jet ski, and archery!
Get your tired but excited selves back to the campsite and relish a delicious dinner before calling it a night. The next day indulges in rafting and other activities post breakfast.
Note- Zipline, Banana ride and Bumper ride are available at an extra cost.
Tent, Cottages, and Domes are available at the campsite. You can choose between Tents on 2 sharing bases, Cottage on 6 sharing basis and Dome on 9 sharing bases.
Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner and in the evening, Tea and snacks will be served during the stay at the campsite.
How to reach:
Kolad is 120 km away from Mumbai and 145 km from Pune. You can easily reach here by public or private transport.
Check-in: 3:00 pm
Check-out: 3:00 pm
About the Rajmachi Trek:
Rajmachi and Kondane Caves trek takes you on a tour through tranquil hidden landscapes of Maharashtra. This ancient fort of Rajmachi is located in the Karjat region and is a perfect example of lost beauties in today’s hustles. These beautiful forts were built by Shivaji Maharaj during the 17th century and strive for a favourite trekking destination amongst ardent adventure seekers.
Delight in this awe-inspiring quaint Rajmachi fort which provides you with pleasant views of Borghat, a historic trade route located in this region of Maharashtra. Admire the beauty of Shrivardhan Fort and Manoranjan fort crowned at the pinnacle with this amazing Rajmachi fort trek. This stunning ancient beauty can be reached via two ways, while Kondivide village route might get tricky at times, however, the most preferable route is from Lonavala as it is much easy and provides the best of the views.
Standing amidst the dense forests, Rajmachi trek provide you with some amazing sceneries, this stunning place is a beauty to the eyes especially in the winter season as you will be witnessing random waterfalls and lush greenery at every turn while trekking. Rivet in this amazing experience with friends and family like never before!
We meet sharp at 17:20 hours at Lonavala Railway station
Suggested train to the board is the 11009/Mumbai CST-Sinhagad Express, timings are:
About the Activity:
- The beautiful Tarkarli is a beachside haven to be explored in the company of family and friends!
- Be amazed by the exotic underwater creatures with this scuba diving experience.
- You can avail at additional cost of breathtaking Dolphin Safari and the Tsunami Island Safari, and be taken by a rich past with a visit to Nivanti Fort.
Reporting Time : 9:30 AM
Departure Time : 3:30 PM
Distance : From Pune (340 KM)
From Mumbai (536 KM)
Stay: Chargable at the location. Choose out of stay options available there only.
About the Bhandardara Camping:
- Arrive at the Bhandardara campsite on your own by 5 PM in the evening and check in to the allotted camps.
- Spend some time exploring the area before settling around the campfire for a session of stories and singing with dancing.
- Enjoy a scrumptious dinner and after dinner experience fireflies during forest visit before settling in for the night. (Depending on availability of fireflies)
- Wake up early to see the beautiful sunrise & a mesmerizing sight of the lake in the morning hours.
- Have your breakfast and spend some time at the camp before checking-out and bringing the camping to an end.
About the destination:
Bhandardara is a holiday resort village near Igatpuri, in the western ghats of India. Bhandardara Lake camping is one of the most amazing and highly favorite camping and picnic spots for lovers of nature. Located near Igatpuri in the Western Ghats of India, it is a hotspot of tourism for its natural beauty and the attractions nearby like the many hills, waterfalls, Wilson dam, and Arthur Lake.
This camp by the lake is a great place to stay and enjoy a getaway in the lap of nature. Complete with comfortable tents and mattresses, the place even has clean and hygienic toilets to make the place and even more wonderful experience.
Check-in: 5 PM
Check-out: 9 AM
NOTE: You can also opt for a variant in which the transportation is available from Kasara station to Kasara station. In that case, The pickup timings will be at 2:50 PM from Kasara station.
About the Activity:
- Embark on an exciting experience of paragliding in Kamshet with a set of certified pilots and flying enthusiasts.
- Kamshet, is a beautiful destination located at about 110km from Mumbai and 45km from Pune that is decked with the beauty of the Sahyadri Ranges and valleys.
- A daylong course will take you through paragliding of 3 different types namely; Classic Tandem, Instructional Tandem, and Acro Tandem.
- A two-seater plane will take you high up in the air from where you can take your paragliding flight with a certified instructor.
Eligibility: For 15 yrs & above
Weight: Above 45 kgs
NOTE : Due to winters afternoon session is not available. Reporting time for flying is 8:00 AM.