Turtle Bay Scuba Diving is an easy-pleasant dive site not exceeding 14 meters.
Turtle bay is the destination for scuba diving in Andaman for people who love to spend their weekends at peace along the beach. Rays and turtles are found in the sand.
How to get there
Chennai/Calcutta to Port Blair by air after which you board a Govt. Ferry to Turtle Bay.
Nearest Town: Port Blair.
Distance: Chennai - Port Blair - 1190kms / Calcutta - Port Blair - 1255kms
Exact Location: Seduction Point is the largest of the islands in a chain of islands to the east of Great Andaman in the Andaman Islands.
The Best time to visit: May to October.
- All Foreign nationals need to obtain prior permission before entering into this place.
- It is advisable to buy ferry tickets to from Port Blair.
- There are a few ATMs only in Port Blair. It is advisable to use the ATMs
- Do not carry sea fans and seashells unless specific permits are obtained from the Fisheries Department.
It is advisable to be registered with a scuba diving instructor from PADI or any such internationally recognized institutes, where they offer proper training which includes academic sessions, dives in swimming pool and sea dives. If you go for Scuba Diving in Andaman waters all alone, make sure you have permission to dive and are properly equipped.
Things to Carry
- Water, juices, snacks
- Electric torch
- Medical kit
- A good compass
- An extra pair of clothes
Tips for Careful Diving - Coral Reefs
- Do not pick coral to carry home as souvenirs. Take photographs, not specimens.
- Do not anchor your boat on the reef.
- Clean the reef after every dive.
- Do not walk directly on the reef.
- Do not litter the coast with plastic bags or plastic items. Take back the waste with you to the main coast.
- Do not leave behind used bottled water containers.
Other Attractions in the Vicinity
Aquarium is a fringing reef with a lot of fish. It has good visibility, and mostly contains hard corals.
Mac Point: Mostly hard corals and their inhabitants are found. Dugongs have been spotted here.