- Yarra Valley is one of the renowned places to visit near Melbourne that serves as a home to about 50 wineries and microbreweries.
- Surrounding the upper regions of the city, the Yarra Valley is a premium wine and wildlife-observing region that allows you to witness the vibrant gardens and dense forests.
- In this valley, you can observe the picturesque ranges and savor the taste of food made from fresh agricultural produce and exceptional pinot noir, chardonnay, and sparkling wine.
- On your visit to the Yarra Valley, you can wander along the walking trails, pass through the villages, and discover the hidden secrets of Coldstream, Healesville, Warburton, and Yarra Glen.
Location: Victoria, Australia.
Book Now: Yarra Valley Wine Tours
- Phillip Island is a treasure trove of idyllic beaches, unique wildlife, attractive coastlines, world-class events, and family-friendly activities.
- It is one of those places to visit around Melbourne where you can spot cute little penguins returning to their homes every night during the Penguin Parade.
- Since it is an island, there is no shortage of serene and wholesome beaches that attract plenty of thrilling beachgoers who love surf boarding and whale watching.
- One of the most beautiful tourist attractions near Melbourne is its scenic routes that garner the interest of tourists towards the captivating circuits of the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix.
Checkout and Book Now: Melbourne River Cruise
Great Ocean Road
- Covering an expanse of about 243 kilometers along the southeastern coast of Australia, Great Ocean Road is one of the other gorgeous tourist places to visit near Melbourne.
- Regarded as the most striking drive in the entire country, Great Ocean Road is a must-visit tourist spot to take on a memorable drive along the spectacular stretch of road.
- On this road, you will find several pristine beaches, monuments, and camping spots that offer sweeping views that you will not find otherwise in any part of the country.
Do Checkout: Beaches In Melbourne
The Mornington Peninsula
- The Mornington Peninsula is an ideal escapade from the humdrum of city life that consists of some of the best places to visit around Melbourne, like the calm Port Phillip Bay and relaxing Peninsula Hot Springs.
- It is an idyllic drive of an hour from Melbourne to the long coastline of the front beaches, where you will be mesmerized to see the dolphins.
- Visitors can take a boat ride to explore Port Phillip Bay, which is a heritage of natural beauty and islands that offers you a chance to spot seals and native birds.
- Besides the natural beauty, the Mornington Peninsula also attracts visitors to its beautiful wineries, each boasting its own produce.
Grampians National Park
- Among the other tourist places to visit near Melbourne, Grampians National Park is famous for its sandstone peaks and abundance of native wildlife.
- It is one of those tourist attractions near Melbourne that allows you to discover giant and rugged mountain ranges, beautiful wildflower displays, and a vast array of recreational opportunities.
- No matter whether you are looking for a sense of enlightenment or wanting to unleash your experience in life, Grampians National Park is an ideal location to make you feel alive more than ever.
- You can find some impressive lookouts on the attraction that offers stunning panoramic views of the waterfalls.
Location: Victoria, Australia.
Wilsons Promontory National Park
- Wilsons Promontory National Park is one of those places to visit near Melbourne that leaves visitors in awe with its largest coastal wilderness area in Victoria.
- Also known as The Prom, this national park is the most lovable park in the entire world for the labyrinth of walking trails that displays all kinds of majestic realms sheltering abundant wildlife.
- In this national park, you can swim at the pristine beaches influenced by granite tors, hike to a secluded campsite, or enjoy a comfortable camping experience at a wholesome Tidal River.
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery of granite-studded hills connecting with the white sand beaches.
Location: Gippsland VIC 3960, Australia.
Book Now: Hot Air Balloon Gold Coast
- Daylesford is one of the notable places to visit near Melbourne which is considered to be among the few spa towns in Australia.
- Located on the foothills of the Great Dividing Range, this town consists of popular spas, galleries, and restaurants along with striking gardens and country house conversion-styled bed and breakfast.
- People generally visit this place to find balance and invigorate their minds and body in the prominent mineral waters of Daylesford.
- It lets you slow down your energies, unwind, and soak in the natural surroundings of the attraction to heal yourself and watch native wildlife at play in Daylesford.
- If you want to learn the story of Ballarat as a gold rush boomtown, Sovereign Hill is one of the best places to visit near Melbourne.
- Spreading across an area of 15 hectares, this living museum brings the gold rushes to life with diggings, coach rides, costumed characters, dwellings, 1850s shops, schools, and trades.
Location: Bradshaw Street, Golden Point VIC 3350, Australia.
Timings: 10 am to 5 pm.
Entry Fees: AUD 49 (adults), AUD 29 (children between 5 and 15 years of age), AUD 129 (family of two adults and four children), AUD 93 (single parent with three children).
Checkout and Book Now: Artvo Gold Coast Tickets
Hanging Rock Reserve
- Hanging Rock Reserve is the other one on the list of top places to visit around Melbourne that lets the spectacular views unfold its secrets in front of your eyes.
- It is a place near Melbourne that provides hands-on interactive displays and informative panels in the captivating backdrop of the history, mystery, and geology of the Rock.
- The reserve is a vast expanse that offers families enjoy free electric barbecues, game playing, and picnic tables to spend a memorable time together.
- While relishing your lunch at the Hanging Rock Reserve, you will come across numerous walking paths that provide you clear access to the flora and fauna of the park.
Location: 139 S Rock Road, Woodend VIC 3442, Australia.
Timings: 9 am to 5 pm.
- This is one of the best places to visit near Melbourne which is dotted with white beaches, fresh sea air, a buzzing art community, and a calming Mediterranean atmosphere.
- It is a beautiful coastline that offers remarkable photo opportunities at every nook and corner of the place.
- Lorne serves as a great weekend getaway for city dwellers who want to enjoy surfing, swimming, camping, and pier fishing.
- The place is also suitable for nighttime adventure since you can witness the phenomenal glow worm colony at Kennett River.
- You can visit the wineries, go for wild koala spotting, enjoy the beautiful waterfalls, and delight yourself with the best bushwalk in Lorne.
Book Now: IFly Indoor Skydiving