50 Inspiring Travel Quotes That Will Make You Feel Life is Too Short
Quick Jumplinks to Navigate
Take only memories, leave only footprints.
– Chief Seattle
Nothing inspires the call of wandering better than some of the best thought travel quotes by the many intellectuals in the world. You see, these were the people who realized that the best way to escape the normalcy of life is to travel around the world and find new places. Every place has its own story to tell, and as you travel, you will find out that each of this story is unique and yet somewhat similar to your own. Someone somewhere in a far-off land once said something extremely great about the comfort and excitement of travel, and decades later, as you stumbled upon these great words, you will find that it is one of the most relatable things you have heard in your life.
And to filter out the best of these travel quotes, here we present our collection of some of the most inspiring words said about the love for travel, and the mysteries behind it all. These quotes can be about anything that you want them to be. These can be about the love for travel, the fascination for it, about the changes it brings, or can even be the fun “travel with friends” quotes. Feel free to browse through these and let them bring you closer to that one defining a moment in your life.
Friends can make anything and everything better in your life, that is why Tim Cahill said “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than in miles”, and that surely is one of the best ‘Travel with friends’ quotes. Share it with your friends and start making those plans that you have been putting on hold since high school.
Or, just like Einstein who said “ I love to travel, but hate to arrive”, express your desire by the many travel love quotes that you will find here. The love for travel is truly the one that will change the way you see yourself while becoming the enigma that you always wanted to be.
And to power the solo traveler in you, the travel alone quotes are the fuel you have always needed, because “Traveling solo does not always mean you’re alone. Most often, you meet marvelous people along the way and make connections that last a lifetime”.
But, if you are not one of those travelers who express their lives in long sentences and lengthy explanations of the beauty of the places that you have seen in your life, then many of these short travel quotes like “Half the fun of travel is aesthetic of lostness” are the perfect ones for you.
In conclusion of this all, “Traveling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, ‘I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station” – Lisa St. Aubin De Teran.
1) I love to travel but hate to arrive.
2) What you get by reaching your destination isn’t nearly as important as what you become by reaching that destination.
3) Travelling isn’t always about running away from things, sometimes it’s about running into what you truly want.
4) If you look like your passport photo, you’re too ill to travel.
5) A journey is best measured in friends, rather than in miles.
Planning a trip to Ladakh, Check out the Thrillophilia Reviews
6) I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.
7) When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.
Planning a trip to Kashmir, Check out the Thrillophilia Reviews
8) The first condition of understanding a foreign country is to smell it.
Planning a trip to Gujarat, Check out Thrillophilia Reviews
9) It’s better to see something once, than to hear it a hundred times.
Planning a trip to Bangalore, Check out the Thrillophilia Reviews
10) Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life.
Planning a trip to Himachal Pradesh, Check out the Thrillophilia Reviews
11) Sometimes it’s a little better to travel than to arrive.
12) For my part, I travel not to go anywhere but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.
13) Half the fun of travel is aesthetic of lostness.
14) See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security.
15) Every perfect traveler always creates the country where he travels.
16) Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.
17) Travel is more than the seeing of sights. It is a change that goes on deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.
18) Once the travel bug bites, there is no known antidote, and I know that shall be happily infected until the end of my life.
19) All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.
20) Traveling solo does not always mean you’re alone. Most often, you meet marvelous people along the way and make connections that last a lifetime.
21) Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling.
22) Traveling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, ‘I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station.’
23) A journey of a thousand miles, must begin with a single step.
24) Bizarre travel plans are dancing lessons from God.
25) All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost.
26) People don’t take trips, trips take people.
27) I’ve been homesick for countries I’ve never been and longed to where I couldn’t be.
28) Live, travel, adventure, bliss, and don’t be sorry.
29) Traveling- It leaves you speechless then, turns you into a storyteller.
30) Travel often; getting lost will help you find yourself.
31) It is not down in my map, true places never are.
32) The moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow.
33) I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.
34) You don’t need magic to disappear, all you need is a destination and a great hostel.
35) Travelling’s not something you’re good at. It’s something you do. Like breathing.
36) To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.
37) Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken.
38) Travel far enough, you meet yourself.
39) I don’t know where I’m going, but I promise it won’t be boring.
40) You lose sight of things and when you travel everything balances out.
41) Once a year, go some place you’ve never been before.
42) Take only memories, leave only footprints.
43) No matter where you go, there you are.
44) The greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time.
45) Put down that map and, get wonderfully lost.
46) As I have grown older, I have needed more stars in my hotels.
47) The life you have led, doesn’t need to be the only life you have.
48) Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.
49) We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.
50) To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
51) Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.
52) Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
53) One’s destination is never a place, but always a new way of seeing things.
54) I dislike feeling at home when I’m abroad.
55) People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the people they ignore at home.
56) Adventure without risk is disney land.
57) Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember and remember more than I have seen.
58) Once you have travelled, the voyage never ends but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind never breaks off from the journey.
59) Age is no barrier when it comes to travel.
60) Don’t just tell your children about the world. Show them.
61) The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
62) Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.
63) Two roads diverged in a wood and I- I took the one less traveled.
64) A good traveler has no fixed plans and has no intent on arriving.
65) Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, and travelers don’t know where they’re going.
66) A journey is like a marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.
67) If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears.
68) We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.
69) I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by my routine.
70) Dare to live the life you’ve always wanted.
71) Too often travel, instead of broadening the mind, merely lengthens the conversation.
72) Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul.
73) The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at least to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.
74) Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
75) Travel teaches toleration.
76) Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.
77) Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.
78) Adventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you.
79) Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. so throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
80) If you think adventures are dangerous, try routine: it’s Lethal.
81) We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our open eyes.
82) Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.
83) Life is a journey. Make best of it.
84) He who would travel happily must travel light.
85) Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.
86) Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.
87) Blessed are the curious for they will have adventures.
88) A great way to learn about your country is to leave it.
89) Then I realized adventures are the best way to learn.
90) You don’t have to be rich to travel well.
91) Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.
92) The goal is to die with memories not dreams.
93) Live your life by a compass, not a clock.
94) A ship in a harbor is safe, but it’s not what ships are built for.
95) Live life with no excuses, travel with no regrets.
96) I travel not to cross countries off a list, but to ignite passionate affairs with destinations.
97) A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step.
98) The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.
99) No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.
100) Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.
You are still Young, Free. Do yourself a favour.
Before it’s too late,
without thinking too much about it first,
pack a pillow and a blanket and
see as much of the world as you can.
You will not regret it.
One day it will be too late.
– Jhumpa Lahiri, The Namesake