Take Hot Air Balloon Ride at Yarra Valley
- Taking the hot air balloon ride at Yarra Valley is one of the most beautiful things to do around Melbourne to witness the aerial views of the top locations in and around Yarra Valley.
- While you are drifting along the rural landscape, you will get a chance to see the panoramic views of gum trees, rolling hills, and the vast vineyards of the Yarra Valley.
- The hot air balloon ride is an unforgettable experience which gives you the chance of enjoying the magnificent views, delicious breakfast, and champagne over the gorgeous views of the Yarra Valley.
Charge: approx 415 AUD.
Book Now: Sydney Opera House
Witness Wildlife at Wilsons Promontory National Park
- Another one of the great things to do around Melbourne is witnessing wildlife at Wilsons Promontory National Park across the open grasslands.
- On your tour of the national park, you will come across Australian native animals in their natural habitat, like kangaroos, emus, wallabies, and wombats.
- Koalas, turtles, echidnas, and possums are some other animals you can discover in the surrounding areas of the national park.
- Besides this, you can spot abundant native birdlife, such as Superb Lyrebird, crimson rosellas, and kookaburras.
- You can also spot humpback whales, enormous blue whales, bottlenose dolphins, and Australian fur seals in the marine coastal areas of the national park.
Location: Gippsland VIC 3960, Australia.
Entry Fee: free for day tour; 13,60 AUD per person for overnight hiking.
Book Now: Artvo Gold Coast
Relax at Marysville
- If you are looking for a relaxing vacation in Melbourne, visiting Marysville is one of the best things to do near Melbourne.
- This city allows you to create timeless memories with your loved ones by participating in the rich culture, history, and tradition.
- Visitors can take a tour of the Museum of Forgotten Warriors in Marysville to discover the memorabilia of the soldiers used during World War II.
- You can also visit Ellis Lake in Marysville to soak in the serenity of nature away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Camp at The Mornington Peninsula
- Camping at The Mornington Peninsula is one of the remarkable activities to do near Melbourne that lets you choose your favorite camping ground which can vary from the bush settings or near the shops.
- There are over a thousand camping grounds in The Mornington Peninsula that allows you to enjoy white sand beaches, swim in the shallow waters, or indulge in a variety of other adventurous activities.
- Providing both powered and unpowered locations, the facilities in the Mornington Peninsula are excellent with a kids' play area, barbecue, shower and toilet blocks, boat launching ramps, and much more.
Location: 46 km south-east of Melbourne's Central Business District.
Book Now: Skydiving Gold Coast
Hike at The Grampians
- For an unforgettable experience, taking a hike at the Grampians to explore the natural landscape with your friends and family is one of the most enjoyable things to do around Melbourne.
- The hiking trails at the Grampians attract hikers from different corners of the world to discover dazzling spring wildflower displays, majestic waterfalls, and awe-inspiring panoramic views of the mountains.
- Choose from plenty of hiking areas such as Halls Gap, Mount Sturgeon, Boronia Peak or The Pinnacle Lookout.
- You can opt for the unique challenge of overnight hikes in the Grampians National Park if you are an experienced walker.
Book Now: Melbourne Zoo Tickets
Drive through The Great Ocean Road
- The Great Ocean Road is one of the scenic drives in Victoria, and driving through this road is one of the best things to do near Melbourne.
- The stretch of road is from the surf capital Torquay to the iconic 12 Apostles that ends at the historic fishing village Port Fairy.
- Along the way, you will come across cliff tops, surf beaches, and luscious rainforests.
- You can also discover kangaroos, koalas, and even whales on the lookout on the Great Ocean Road.
- Visitors can participate in a variety of activities on this road, such as ziplining through a treetop canopy, relaxing over regional dining on the top of the cliff or beside the beach.
Location: Victoria, Australia.
Checkout and Book Now: Sealife Melbourne Tickets
Skiing at Mount Buller
- No matter whether you are a beginner at discovering majestic snowsports or an expert who loves navigating the steepest slopes, skiing at Mount Buller is one of the most adventurous activities to do near Melbourne.
- The place has a variety of bloomed blue terrains to suit your abilities that offer a consistent and reliable skiing experience.
- While skiing down the slopes of Mount Buller, you can get a chance to enjoy the spectacular views for an exhilarating day trip.
Location: 3 hours' drive from Melbourne, Australia.
Timing: 08:30am - 05:00 pm.
Book Now: Eureka Skydeck
Watch Penguin Parade at Phillip Island
- Phillip Island serves as the largest penguin colony in the world where watching the penguin parade on the island is one of the most beautiful things to do near Melbourne.
- It is a surreal and majestic experience of observing these magnificent seabirds waddle home from the ocean to their burrows through the viewing platforms and boardwalks at Phillip Island.
- You can sit and relax yourselves at the grandstands overlooking the beach to enjoy the gorgeous views of the penguin parade.
- Visitors can click pictures of the penguins returning home from the ocean and cherish these beautiful moments for a lifetime.
Location: 125 km southeast of Melbourne.
Book Now: Eureka Skydeck
Witness Scenic Views from Daylesford
- If you are still thinking about the things to do around Melbourne, you can soak yourself in the scenic views from Daylesford and enjoy the reflection at the cascading waterfalls.
- On walking to the top of Mountain Hill in Daylesford, you will be mesmerized to witness the sweeping views of the surrounding regions.
- The blooming great trails in the vibrant gardens across Daylesford allow visitors to enjoy a short walk through the native bushlands while admiring the gorgeous views of nature.
- If you plan to stay in Daylesford until evening, it is advisable not to miss the sunset views from the tranquil surroundings.
Location: Victoria 3460, Australia.
Explore The Bellarine Peninsula
- One of the top things to do around Melbourne is exploring the Bellarine Peninsula, where you can discover beautiful wineries, gourmet food, fantastic beaches, seaside villages, and vintage markets.
- While exploring the attraction, you can enjoy the lazy laidback vibration at the waterfront precinct and tranquil seaside villages.
- Tourists can move through the historic streetscapes and the luscious golf courses to make your summer afternoons cherishable.
- On your visit to The Bellarine Peninsula, you can explore the burgeoning foodie scenery with local wineries, craft breweries, provedores, and farm gates.
- You can also indulge yourself in the surfing, paddling, and swimming activities at the Bellarine Peninsula.
Book Now: Melbourne To Peninsula Hot Springs