Essential Information About Rome in April
Weather in Rome during the months of April
- Rome in April is a very pleasant sight when you can enjoy the outdoors of the city due to the weather which is a little cold but gets slightly warmer during the afternoons.
- The temperature doesn’t drop much in the evenings and the sun doesn’t overheat the place making it easier to take walks and enjoy the neighbourhood of the city.
- You’d find the gardens bloomed with flowers of different kinds making the ambience of the city welcoming.
- It might rain a bit sometimes but won’t cause any inconvenience as the weather gets clear soon.
Book Now: Leaning Tower Of Pisa Tickets
What to Pack for Rome in April
- Casual Clothes - The backpack items you must consider on your trip to Rome in April include full sleeve tops, tees, t-shirts, jeans, long pants and some warm clothes for a change in weather and the nights.
- Documents -Make sure you carry the right documents as ID cards might be asked for verification purposes at different tourist attractions.
- Essential Items- A windproof umbrella, water bottle and jet lag relief homoeopathic pills.
- Electronic items- A small portable charger and VPN for a safe internet surfing experience.
- Other Items- Carry a raincoat or waterproof jacket and footwear with good grip to prevent tripping over slippery spaces in rain.
Book Now: Duomo Florence Tickets
Things to Do in Rome in April
Explore Baths of Caracalla
- Explore this thermae which is an ancient architecture built around the 3rd century and stands out as the second largest bathing complex in Rome.
- What remains of the site today is mainly its ruins with immaculate gardens on both the sides where you can sit and relax a while before continuing to explore Rome in April.
- Inside the complex you must not miss artworks ( motifs of sea animals, Roman Gods, etc.) and the expansive underground where the baths stand.
Timings: Tuesday to Sunday: 9 AM to 5:30 PM
Monday: 9am – 2pm
Also Checkout: Rome Monuments
Book Now: Baths of Caracalla Tickets
Admire the beautiful Castel Sant'Angelo
- While exploring Rome in April you must visit the Castel Sant’ Angelo which is actually a fortress situated on the banks of the beautiful Tiber river.
- Admire to the historical architecture which is also known as Hadrian's Tomb and has been standing at the place since its construction in the 1st century AD. It now has become home to the National Museum of Castel Sant’ Angelo.
- Discover the building’s several sections, such as the Hadrian’s Mausoleum, Papal Refuge and the bridge that is called Passetto di Borgo.
Timings: Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 7:30 PM.
Also Checkout: Churches In Rome
Book Now: Castel Sant Angelo Tickets
- One of the must do activities in Rome in April is visiting the popular Colosseum, the biggest amphitheatre in the world having a capacity of accommodating 87,000 spectators a day.
- Take a look at the architecture that was inaugurated in 80 A,D. by Emperor Titus and has been listed as the wonders of the world since 2007.
- At the site you should also go around the Arch of Constantine, ruins of the training school of Ludus Magnus, the Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum.
Timings: Opens at 8;30 AM and closes an hour before sunset.
Also Checkout: Day Trips From Rome
Book Now: Colosseum Tickets
Discover Vatican Museums
- The renowned site of Vatican Museums is the star attraction of the Vatican City and has fascinated visitors all across the globe with its marvellous collection of 460 artworks.
- You would find the collection of the most popular artists like Raphel, Leonardo da Vinci and Caravaggio from the times of the Roman Empire, ancient Greece and ancient Egypt.
- While at the Museums you must enjoy its highlights like the Gallery of Maps, the four Raphael Rooms, the Gallery of Tapestries where you’d find the hanging renaissance artworks and the Etruscan sculptures.
Timings: Monday to Thursday: 8.30am to 6.30am
Also Checkout: Rome Nightlife
Book Now: Vatican Museums Tickets
Checkout Roman Forum
- Check out the archeological complex consisting of ruins of ancient monuments, temples, government buildings and public spaces that was founded in 753 B.C.
- The architecture of the complex is a symbolic representation of the grandeur and majesty of the empire of King Romulus. It was inspired by classical Greek architecture and was built in different shapes like rectangular, circular, trapezoidal, etc.
- At the site of the forum you must visit the popular street of Via Sacra, a large elevated platform called the Rostra and the open-air meeting space of Comitium.
Timings: 9.00 AM to 6.30 PM, daily.
Also Checkout: Things To Do In Florence
Book Now: Bioparco di Roma Tickets
Travel around Palatine Hill
- The green haven of Palatine Hill is a very beautiful sight to behold and is one of the top things to do in Rome in April.
- It’s the most important hill amongst the seven hills of Rome and has been acclaimed as the origin point of the city of Rome.
- Some places on the hill that deserve special attention are Palace of Domitian, Houses of Livia and Augutus, House of Tiberius, Domus Severiana, Temple of Cybele and others.
Timings: Open daily between 08:30 AM to 7:15 PM.
Also Checkout: Places To Visit In Florence
Book Now: Pitti Palace Tickets
Admire St. Peter’s Basilica
- The Basilica is the most popular and sacred pilgrimage site of the Vatican city which continues to fascinate all the history and art lovers till date.
- It falls in the centre of the Renaissance movement, where you’d find various monuments and sculptures crafted by popular artists like Michelangelo.
- Admire at the beautiful street arts, mansion baroque palazzi, ornamented fountains, etc, at the Piazza Navona
- Other things to do in Rome in April include exploring the Roman Colosseum, the trevi fountain, Galleria Borghese, Spanish Steps and other important sites.
Location: It’s located on top of the Vatican Hill.
Timings: 7 AM to 6 PM
Also Checkout: Museums In Florence
Book Now: St. Peter's Basilica Tickets
Take a Trastevere Neighbourhood Walk
- Taking a walk in the lively neighbourhood of Trastevere in the evenings in Rome in April is a spirit rejuvenating activity.
- It’s one of the colourful building districts that houses some of the oldest shops and cafes in the city.
- Stroll through popular locations such as the Villa Farnesina whose walls have mind-blowing paintings, the church of Basilica of Santa Maria in Trastevere, botanical garden of Orto Botanico and others.
Location: Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Timings: 10:30 AM to 5 PM
Also Checkout: Day Trips From Florence
Book Now: Boboli Gardens Tickets
Checkout Borghese Palace & Villa Borghese
- The palace was built around the 17th century and has been housing the collection of Bernini’s and Caravaggio’s best masterpieces.
- The art gallery at the Borghese Palace and Villa houses the impeccable collection of the paintings, sculptures and antiquities.
- The gallery has a large space of 20 rooms spread across the 2 floors of the beautiful building.
- From the top of the building of the most popular museums in Rome you’d enjoy the views of the city, you could also visit the Piazza del Popolo from Pincio Terrace.
Location: Piazzale Scipione Borghese, 5, 00197 Roma RM, Italy
Timings: 9AM - 7PM
Also Checkout: Rome Tour Packages
Book Now: Accademia Gallery Tickets
Visit Roman Catacombs
- Visiting the catacombs of Rome is one of the fascinating things to do in Rome in April. It introduces you to the underground burial places that were popular amongst Christians around the 2nd century AD.
- As you take a tour around the catacombs, you’d hear the eerie tales as well as about the social history of ancient Rome at the popular sites like the Venice Square and Trevi district underground.
Location: The catacombs are situated near the church of Santi Marcellino on the Via Casilina, Italy
Timings: Open between 9 AM to 12 PM and 4 PM to 6 PM. The sites are closed on Sunday mornings and Monday afternoons.
Also Checkout: Things To Do In Rome With Kids
Book Now: Uffizi Gallery Tickets