Visit the Pantheon
- Discover the city's ancient religions by visiting the Pantheon, one of the most popular and best-preserved historical monuments to visit in Rome in winter.
- Admire the portico, Rotunda, dome, and interiors, all of which are works of Roman engineering and architecture.
- Be astounded to see the architectural brilliance of the oculus, the round hole at the dome's top that allows natural light in.
- Explore the artworks and paintings on display in several chapels and pay a visit to various tombs, including Raphael's.
Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday: 9:00 am to 7:00 pm (except 1st January, 15th August, and the 25th December
Also Checkout: Places To Visit In Rome
Book Now: National Etruscan Museum of Villa Giulia Tickets
Discover Sistine Chapel
- Explore the Sistine Chapel, Michelangelo's jaw-dropping masterpiece and discover its spiritual significance on your visit to Rome in winter.
- Marvel at the chapel's splendor, which serves as the temple where popes are chosen and crowned.
- Admire Giovanni of Dolci's architecture as well as the frescoes that adorn the walls and ceiling.
- Watch in awe the nine stories from Genesis, the Creation of Adam, the Final Judgment, and other Vatican City's finest treasures that add to the place's allure.
Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Also Checkout: Things To Do In Rome
Book Now: Sistine Chapel Guided Tour
Marvel at the Colosseum
- Stop by the Colosseum on your trip to Rome in the winter to see the enormous historic amphitheater, which reflects epic grandeur and architectural splendor.
- Explore the structure’s four storeys and eighty entrances to admire its stunning architecture and design.
- Discover the notorious past of the place, which served as the venue for deadly gladiator games as well as reenactments, plays, animal hunts, fictitious naval battles, and many other public events.
Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday: 9:30 am to 7:15 pm
Also Checkout: Rome Monuments
Book Now: Colosseum Tickets
Tour Palatine Hill
- Explore Palatine Hill during your visit to Rome in the winter to see the ruins of hundreds of the grand structures that were once part of ancient Rome's elite society.
- Discover the beautiful architecture and vibrant frescoes at the ruins of Domus Flavia, House of Livia, and House of Augustus.
- Admire the remnants of the Hippodrome of Domitian, which resembled a Roman circus, and the Farnese Gardens, which were among the first botanical gardens built in Europe.
- View the collection of sculptures, frescoes, mosaics, and other historical artifacts in the Palatine Museum.
Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday: 8:30 am to 7:00 pm
Also Checkout: Churches In Rome
Book Now: Galleria Corsini Tickets
Admire St. Peter’s Basilica
- Witness the St. Peter's Basilica's majestic façade and dome from the base of the Egyptian obelisk in St. Peter's Square.
- Visit this Vatican City's gem, the largest church in the world, where Popes have carried the gospel of Jesus Christ over the globe.
- Learn about the basilica's cultural, historical, and architectural significance, which draws millions of people every year, and be mesmerized on your trip to Rome in Winter.
- View the priceless artwork from past centuries, including sculptures, paintings, and more.
Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday: 7:00 am to 6:30 pm (7:00 pm in summer)
Also Checkout: Day Trips From Rome
Book Now: St Peters Basilica Tickets
Explore Roman Catacombs
- Take a trip to the catacombs to discover the underground cemeteries of the earliest Roman Christians during your holiday in Rome in winter.
- Stroll down the ancient cobblestones of the Appian Way past enormous tombstones and gorgeous countryside and get transported back in time.
- Browse the amazing tunnels that were hand-dug approximately 2,000 years ago and discover the origins of Christianity.
- Travel through the dark passageways of the catacombs of San Sebastian, San Callisto, Priscilla, Domitilla and Sant’ Agnese with a guide and learn some interesting facts about their history, like when they were in use.
Book Now: Capitoline Museum Tickets
Explore Roman Forum
- Journey into the heart of Ancient Rome, the Roman Forum, which was the hub of Roman civilization, where laws were passed, politics discussed, and goods were exchanged.
- Learn about the economic, social, political, and religious significance of the forum while taking in beautiful architecture.
- Take a stroll down Rome's Main Street, the Via Sacra and explore the ancient temple and house of the Vestal Virgins as well as The Basilica of Maxentius and Constantine.
- See the Forum's remnants of temples, assembly halls, and monuments and stop by Julius Caesar's grave for some unique experiences on your visit to Rome in winter.
Also Checkout: Things To Do In Florence
Book Now: Roman Forum VIP Guided Tour
Checkout Spanish Steps
- Perch and strike a pose on the photogenic Spanish Steps and have some wonderful moments on your vacation in Rome in the winter.
- Admire the grand 138-step stone staircase that runs from Piazza di Spagna up to the Trinità dei Monti Church.
- Spend some time at the Fontana della Barcaccia, a fountain designed as a half-shrunk stone ship, and explore the collection at the Keats-Shelley Museum.
- Pray at the 16th-century Trinità dei Monti church and admire Rome's most revered works of art, Daniele da Volterra's Deposizione.
Also Checkout: Places To Visit In Florence
Book Now: Book Now: Accademia Gallery Tickets
Admire the Architecture at Borghese Palace
- Tour the Borghese Palace, one of Rome's four wonders, and be astounded by its opulence and architecture.
- Visit the courtyard to witness the 96 red and orange granite columns and the façade.
- Wander through the orange and little boxwood tree-lined Nymphaeum Garden, relax by the three magnificent wall fountains, and observe the mythological presence of eagles and dragons.
- Explore the halls of the Cembalo Gallery, which today houses art and photography exhibitions, as well as the Sala dell'Udienza, where the prince once hosted guests.
Also Checkout: Museums In Florence
Book Now: Boboli Gardens Tickets
Checkout Piazza Navona
- Check out Piazza Novona's winter market on your vacation in Rome in winter and experience celebration vibes and excitement.
- Take some great photos at the Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi, Fontana di Nettuno, and Fontana del Moro, three renowned fountains.
- Get a sense of Roman history at the Palazzo Braschi and the five-meter-deep underground museum.
- experience spirituality while admiring a variety of magnificent frescoes, statues, and other decorations at the Sant'Agnese Church from the 17th century,
- View Palazzo Pamphilj, a magnificent stately palace that is now the Brazilian Embassy in Rome.
Also Checkout: Day Trips From Florence
Book Now: Galileo Museum Tickets