Take the road less travelled by exploring the best camel safari tours in Rajasthan while riding through the golden desert and witnessing the rural and rustic desert lifestyle of India. The Great Indian Desert of Rajasthan can be discovered navigating while sitting on the camels which allow you to have one great and memorable experience. The Aravalli Range is one of the world's oldest mountain ranges and boasts of sandy fields, small dunes, beautiful hills and mesmerizing sunrises and sunsets. A camel safari in Rajasthan is the perfect approach to invest energy appreciating the natural and imperial Rajasthan. Camel Safari is a unique adventure experience, which takes you through the brilliant sands of the tremendous Thar Desert.
The unique cultural performances on the sand dunes, the camps set up for the explorers, the conventional Rajasthani dinners and the pleasant villages with inviting people, all together make Camel Safaris one of the most exceptional experiences. If you are looking to enjoy a camel safari in Rajasthan, your best bet would be to head over to Jaisalmer, Bikaner or Oisan. Located in the Thar desert, these towns provide a lovely space for some adventurous camel safaris.Gliding atop a colourfully decorated camel through the stark sand dunes of the desert feels fantastic; it is a unique way of experiencing the locality and interacting with the residents of the desert. The long hours spent with the camel also give you a unique perspective on the animal itself, making for an altogether wonderful, comprehensive experience.
The cooler months are a better option for enjoying such safaris since the softer rays of the sun make travelling across the desert a better experience at this time. Camping in the chilly desert at night is also a fascinating aspect of a camel safari in Rajasthan. To name a few highlights, a camel safari offers astonishing desert sceneries, flavors of traditional Rajasthan, incredible star gazing and the most memorable experience of riding a camel. Though there are many other means of touring, Camel safari tours in Rajasthan is the best way to explore this mighty desert and historically rich state of India.
People Also Ask About Camel Safari in Rajasthan
Which are the best places for camel safari in Rajasthan?
1. Camel Safari in Osian, Jodhpur - Jodhpur, the Blue City of India is famous for its camel safaris. No trip to Jodhpur is complete without a Rajasthan camel safari. One of the best destinations for a camel safari in Jodhpur is Osian village. This ancient desert village is famous for its sand dunes, safari and glowing sunsets. The camel safari in Osian will take you to various remote villages and get to know the lifestyle of the locals here. Camel safaris in Jodhpur also take you past famous attractions such as Mehrangarh Fort, Jaswant Thada, Umaid Bhawan Palace, Mandore Gardens, Girdikot, Bishnoi villages and several other remote villages.
Cost of Safari: Starting from INR 1260 per adult
Timing of Safari: 5:00 pm
2. Jaisalmer Sam Sand Dunes - Sam Sand Dunes is one of the most fascinating and authentic sand dunes in the country featuring 30 - 60 meter high dunes ideal for camel safaris, jeep safaris and dune bashing. The best time to go on a safari here is sunrise and sunset. The sand dunes in this area are one of the best places for a Rajasthan camel safari. The safari goes over rolling dunes, past remote villages where you can meet the locals, there are camps on the edge where you can stay the night and enjoy some traditional cultural performances, etc. Enroute you will come across remote villages like Bada Bagh which is famous for Bhatti Rajput King tombs, Ramkund and others.
Cost of safari: Starting from INR 2000 per adult.
3. Camel safari in Pushkar - Pushkar is famous for its camel fairs and the overnight camel safari. Begin your Rajasthan camel safari from the Pushkar Festival Ground around 3 pm if you are going for the night safari and head towards sunset point. The sunset point is one of the most popular destinations for a camel safari in Pushkar. Here you can also indulge in camel cart rides, dune bashing and other activities. Explore the remote villages and enjoy a cup of tea made by the locals. The best camel safari route in Pushkar is along Pushkar Lake.
Cost of Safari: Starting from INR 400 per adult
Timing: 3 pm for overnight safari
4. Camel Safari in Bikaner - Bikaner is known as the gateway of the Thar Desert. This fascinating city is surrounded by the golden sand of the Thar and it is one of the most stunning places for a Rajasthan camel safari tour. A camel safari combined with a night camp near the edge of the Desert is one of the best things to do in Bikaner. Your safari tour will take you past Junagarh Fort, Leh Palace and the beautiful villages of Mohangarh, Tadana, Baru, Nokha, etc.
Cost of Safari: Starting from INR 1500 per adul
5. Camel Safari in Dausa - Explore typical Rajasthani desert villages with this amazing Rajasthan camel safari. This safari starts from the iconic Umaid Lake Palace at Dausa and explores the remote villages that fall along the way. Ride past muddy tracks and agricultural fields on camelback. Meet the locals and learn about their lifestyle, culture and trade. Enjoy a cup of piping hot masala tea made by the locals in one of the mud huts before the end of the tour. On the way, visit Chand Baori, Bhandarej, Harshat Mata Temple, Mehandipur Balaji Temple and other points of local attractions.
Cost of Safari: Starting from INR 1345 per adult.
What is the best time to visit Rajasthan for camel safari?
The best time for a Rajasthan camel safari is between October to March when the temperature is relatively cool. It is also possible to go for a camel safari in the monsoon between July to September as there is very scanty rainfall here but the temperatures remain high.
Is camel Safari safe in Rajasthan?
Yes, camel safari is safe in Rajasthan. In terms of physical safety, the tourist offices of the different districts ensure that the tourists are in safe hands during the desert safaris. If you are on a solo Rajasthan camel safari then ensure you pick a reliable guide/tour operator.
What is the cost of camel safari in Rajasthan?
Cost of a camel ride in Rajasthan can range from INR 300 to INR 5000 depending on the package taken. There are short rides for 90 minutes each while some can go on the whole day or night or even 4 to 5 days. Hence, the cost will vary according to the duration of the camel safari.
What should I wear to camel safari in Rajasthan?
Deserts of Rajasthan have high temperatures in the day time and quite chilly at night. So you will need to dress appropriately. Wear long comfortable trousers or jeans, long sleeves, cotton tops or shirts to protect against the harsh sun. Apply sunscreen generously before the trip. Wear a broad-brimmed hat or cap, sunglasses and use a scarf to cover your nose if you feel uncomfortable. Wear comfortable and fully covered shoes. During winter make sure you have warm clothes if you are planning to camp in the desert.
Can senior citizens do camel safari in Rajasthan?Yes, senior citizens can enjoy a Rajasthan camel safari if they are in general good health and do not have any severe backaches or any other health issues.
What are the safety precautions taken during a camel ride in Rajasthan?
- Do thorough research on the tour operator and the tour guide before embarking on the safari.
- Also research well about the dunes that you are going to visit.
- If this is your first time on a camel safari then choose a short tour first. This way you can understand your own capacity to take the ride.
- Do not indulge in any kind of intoxicating drink before the ride as you may miss out on the whole experience.
- Be prepared for the heat as it can get really hot in the desert even in winters.
- Apply a good quality sunscreen with high SPF before the camel safari
- Wear appropriate clothes for the ride. Loose full sleeve shirts and tops, comfortable long trousers, well-tied shoes, sunglasses and a broad-brimmed hat.
- Do not forget to carry warm clothes and socks if opting for a desert camp or night safari.