Goa HomestaysCasa Menezes, Holy Cross Homestay, Ocean Heights Homestay, The Caravela Homestay, Vivenda Rebelo, The D'Gamas Luxe Homestay, Saudades Homestay and many more.
There are many Homestays in Goa, which is a hotspot for tourists from all over the world. Experiencing a homestay is one of the few ways you can explore this beach city feeling like a local. Whether you are looking for a relaxing holiday or one that is adventurous, homestays are one of the greatest alternatives to the usual hotels and resorts in the area. The Goa Homestays help you to get away from the other crowded areas and hotels, and soak in the calmness of the actual Goa. Moreover, these homestays cater to all types of tourists, in addition to budgets, needs and requirements. They are the best way to have a memorable holiday while experiencing the true Goan way of life.
Many times, these homestays in Goa also offer tourists a chance to explore the Portuguese culture and heritage which is quite prevalent in Goa. Many of these homestays are also located on the beach as well. Lined with palm-fringed coastal shores and the vibrant nightlife, Goa is not just an exotic place but is something that can take you down the memory lane. And the best way to do so is by staying in homestays. In addition to peace, tranquillity, and serenity, you also get the chance to meet new people, make friends and indulge in traditional home-cooked food while availing homestays. Homestays are also one of the best ways to escape, very different from conventional hotels and resorts.
Furthermore, some of the homestays in Goa are actually refurbished buildings from the Portuguese eras gone by, which offers guests a chance to experience a luxury yet historical stay, something that is one-of-a-kind. From customized activities based on your preferences to the great hospitality and amazing ambiance, homestays here are also known for offering guests an offbeat and completely new experience of a holiday in Goa and surrounding regions. Some of the best homestays in Goa include the Casa Menezes, where you get to stay in one of the most heritage buildings of the region. There is also the centrally located Caravela Homestay, which is situated in close vicinity to all the major attractions of Goa. You can also choose to stay in the refurbished Vivenda Rebelo, which is essentially a 100-year old Indo-Portuguese building.
People Also Ask About Homestays in Goa
Which are some of the best homestays in Goa?
1. Casa Menezes - A Heritage Goan Homestay: Amongst the most famous homestays in Goa, Casa Menezes is located near the Miramar Beach in Panjim, Goa. One of the budget homestays in the area, this place boasts of offering guests a homely feel, with a peaceful ambience. All the rooms here are well-furnished and equipped with basic amenities.
Location: 304, Gaunkarvaddo, Batim, PO Goa Velha Tiswadi, Panaji, Goa
Price/per night: INR 3,600
Facilities: Inter-Connectable Rooms, Mini Bar, Gym, Bicycles on Rent
2. Holy Cross Homestay: This is one of the Goa homestays which is actually a building and has 8 apartments, 4 studio apartments and 4 one-bedroom flats for guests. Located opposite the St. Cruz Church in Panaji city, this homestay has all the necessary amenities that one would need.
Location: Behind Santa Cruz High School, Santa Cruz, Goa
Price/per night: INR 2,500
Facilities: Free Wi-Fi, Balconies, Kitchen
3. Ocean Heights Homestay: Located in Dona Paula, the Ocean Heights Homestay boasts of great views of the ocean from its rooms to guests. One can find this homestay on top of a hillock, which has large and spacious rooms. The homestay has a very serene feeling, with professional staff that help to make your stay comfortable.
Location: House no. 22/130/A Ocean Heights N.I.O. Post Office, Dona Paula, Goa
Price/per night: INR 2,300
Facilities: Private Balconies, Free Wi-Fi, Beach Front, Private Bathroom
4. The Caravela Homestay: One of the best Goa homestays, The Caravela Homestay interweaves together luxury, comfort and convenience, all at one place for its guests. Known for their excellent service and spacious rooms which are elegantly designed, the homestay also has an overall theme of a 15th century Portuguese ship.
Location: Rua 31 de Janeiro, Sao Tome, Panaji, Go
Price/per night: INR 3,000
Facilities: Free Wi-Fi, Balconies, Kitchen
5. Vivenda Rebelo: A budget homestay in Goa, Vivenda Rebelo is also one of the oldest heritage homestays in the region. Offering you a feeling of the Portuguese eras gone by, the homestay was formerly a 100-year old Indo-Portuguese building which was later refurbished. It is also located on the front of the Francisco Luis Gomes Garden in Panaji.
Location: House No 157, Campal Heritage Precinct, Next to Wendell Rodricks Design Space, Campal, Panaji, Goa
Price/per night: INR 2,500
Facilities: Complementary Breakfast, Free Wi-Fi, Private Bathroom, Laundry Service
6. The D'Gamas Luxe Homestay: One of the most preferred homestays in Goa, the D’Gamas Luxe Homestay is affordable too, in addition to offering guests a luxurious stay. This homestay is an elegant cottage with a warm and friendly ambience which seamlessly blends convenience with comfort and class at budgets that don’t burn a hole in your pockets.
Location: House no.452, Bhouta vaddo, Assagao, Opp Happy Bar, Bardez, Goa
Price/per night: INR 3,500
Facilities: Private Lawn, Huge Rooms, Private Bathrooms, Free Wi-Fi
7. Saudades Homestay: One of the more well-known homestays in the region, the Saudades Homestay is tucked amidst the lush green fields and coconut groves. Offering guests the true spirit of Goa, the homestay is one place where people can enjoy a relaxed holiday and enjoy it to its full potential. The rooms here are huge, and are well-equipped with all necessary amenities.
Location: Saudades Homestays 44/1, Goa, Calata, Majorda, Goa
Price/per night: INR 6,500
Facilities: Swimming Pool, 24/7 Assistance, Free Wi-Fi
8. Bella Villa Homestay: Situated in Panaji, and in close vicinity to the River Cruise is the Bella Villa Homestay. Their main goal is to make sure that the needs of their guests are met and that they have a great time while staying here. The pristine garden in the property just adds to the beauty of the well-equipped homestay.
Location: La Oceana 2 Donapaula, Panaji, Goa
Price/per night: INR 1,000
Facilities: Free Wi-Fi, Lounge, Complementary Breakfast, Garden, Family Room, Terrace
9. C Pearl: C Pearl is amongst the well-known budget homestay in Goa. Located in South Goa, this homestay is best known for its top-notch hospitality. Run by a sweet family, the homestay has humble rooms with private bathrooms. Moreover, this homestay has the appeal of an authentic Goan village.
Location: Majorda Beach Rd, Pacheco Vaddo, Majorda, Goa
Price/per night: INR 900
Facilities: Free Wi-Fi, Private Bathrooms
10. Pinnacle Holiday Homes: The owners of Pinnacle Holiday Homes believe in turning your moments into loving memories. Offering luxurious rooms with huge spacious bathrooms, this homestay makes sure that your holiday in Goa is something you remember for a long time. This homestay is also located in a prime spot in Goa.
Location: 98/1 Mainath Bhati, Calangute - Anjuna Road, Arpora, Goa
Price/per night: INR 1,200
Facilities: Bottled Water, Free Toiletries, Free Wi-Fi, Complementary Breakfast
Which are the best homestays in Goa near Baga beach?1. The Seahorse Villa:: Exuding perfect beach holiday vibes, The Sea Horse Villa is one of the best Goa homestays, located right on the picturesque Baga Beach. With spacious rooms, floor to ceiling glass windows, modern amenities and a tranquil ambiance, this homestay is bound to make your holiday more memorable.
2. Miss Jenny’s Homestay: This is one of the best cheap homestays in Goa. The property is a century-old Goan-Portuguese villa located in Saligao, which is at a short distance from the Baga Beach, and boasts of a serene ambience, solitude and an overall relaxing holiday vacation. The rooms here are comfortable and equipped with all the necessary amenities you would require.
3. Namaste Jungle Cottage: Blending the comfort of a city life inside a jungle is one of the best Goa homestays near Baga Beach. The wooden cottage with hammocks is located amidst a verdant backyard inside the Assagao village, and is home to a boutique, café as well as an open-air gym on the rooftop.
Which are the best homestays in Goa near Colva beach?1. The Red Rooster Village Homestay: One of the best Goa homestays near the Colva Beach is this homestay, which is essentially a one-bedroom cottage and a kitchen. Dating back to the late 1700s, this cottage still retains its original structure and takes you back to the times gone by, with its elegantly designed room, and décor.
2. Excelsior Holiday Homes: Located a short distance from the Colva Beach, this is amongst the top cheap homestays in Goa. Home to 3 comfortable and spacious rooms, the homestay also boasts of modern facilities like a garden, gym as well as a small kitchenette, in addition to a swimming pool.
3. Hill Cottage Villa: This top Goan homestay near Colva Beach is surrounded by the verdant greenery and hills of the region. Boasting of an amazing swimming pool, a spacious one bedroom and elegantly designed interiors, the homestay is a great place to relax and rejuvenate during your stay in Goa.
Which are the best homestays in South Goa?1. Lua Cheia Villa: This luxury homestay in Canacona is amongst the top Goa homestays. Located near the serene Palolem and Talpona beaches in south Goa, this homestay is known for its huge rooms, all equipped with modern amenities, and a stunning swimming pool surrounded by coconut and palm trees.
2. Arco Iris Boutique Homestay: Located in Curtorim, this is one of the top cheap homestays in Goa. The property used to be an old Goan-Portuguese mansion which has been refurbished to its previous opulence for tourists. Overlooking a seasonal lake, the homestay is known for its huge rooms, delicious local breakfast and warm hospitality.
3. Simply Homestay: Overlooking lush paddy fields, this warm homestay near the Benaulim Beach in Goa seamlessly mixes the western and Goan influences. The two bedrooms here are spacious enough and equipped with modern amenities like ensuite bathrooms, wardrobes and more to ensure that you have a comfortable stay here.
Which are the best homestays in North Goa?1. Capella Forest Retreat and Homestay: This classic boutique property is one of the best cheap homestays in Goa, located within a forest in the hills of the Parra Village, close to the Baga and Anjuna Beaches in north Goa. In addition to a vast array of books on nature and wildlife, the homestay also has three fully air-conditioned bedrooms and a stunning swimming pool.
2. Casa Menezes: This homestay is essentially a 300-year-old ancestral home belonging to the Menezes family, and is surrounded by palm groves and rice paddies in the Batim Village in North Goa. Exuding an otherworldly charm, the homestay overlooks a lake, and boasts of an art gallery, boutique, lip-smacking local food and stunning bedrooms.
3. The Secret Garden: One of the top cheap homestays in Goa, The Secret Garden is a centuries old property, located quite close to the Baga Beach. There are three huge bedrooms here, all of which are exquisitely decorated, and open up to an immaculate garden and swimming pool within the property.
What facilities will I get in homestays in Goa?
You can get a lot of facilities in homestays in Goa. Some of the most common facilities are private pools, spa, well-furnished rooms, private bathrooms, free Wi-Fi, board games, in-house restaurant and much more.
The more luxurious homestays also tend to have rooms with private balconies, or beach view rooms, along with housekeeping and even badminton and tennis courts.
Which is the best area to stay in Goa?
Goa, as a whole, is an extremely beautiful place to stay. However, the best areas in Goa are in the far South and the far North. For those who wish to experience a vibrant, touristy Goa, in addition to the best attractions here, North Goa would be the best area to stay. However, those who wish to experience the place as a local, with offbeat vibes and a peaceful lifestyle, South Goa is the place to stay.
Which is the best month to visit Goa?
The best time to visit Goa is between the months of November to March. It is during these months that the weather is pleasant, cool as well as comfortable. It is also the perfect time for tourists to simply relax on the many beaches here or enjoy food and drinks from the beach shacks. You can also partake in many adventurous water sports such as jet-skiing, parasailing, etc. in addition to enjoying the several parties during Christmas.
What is the price range of homestays in Goa?
The price range of homestays in Goa starts from as low as INR 800 and can go up to INR 10,000 as well. However, most of the homestays here are quite affordable and caters to the budgets of all kinds of travellers. The higher price range can be found in luxury homestays.
Where should I stay in Goa during monsoon?
It can be safely said the North Goa is the best place to stay if you are in Goa during the monsoon season, between the months of June to September. Some of the best places to stay in Goa during monsoon are:
- Baga Beach
- Candolim Beach
- Calangute Beach