About the Trek:
The Devkund trek is a three-hour trek from the base village along the dam. You will trek through semi-dried forests with a river running parallel to you. This trek is best for monsoon season as the atmosphere here gets pleasant and lovely. Devkund waterfall is a plunge waterfall which pours a massive amount of water on the rocky surface.
A turquoise lagoon is naturally made by the waterfall. Take a bath here and have fun in the water with your friends and family. You can see the ray of lights reflecting on the waters on a sunny day. The whole scene is beautiful and pleasant. You will also be able to see Bhira dam and Tamhini Ghat during this trek.
Type: Hill trek
Base Village: Bhira
Region: Tamhini Ghat, Mulshi
Pick up points in Mumbai: Chitra cinema, Dadar, Mumbai.
Why one should visit Kaas Pathar ??
Kaas Pathar also known as Valley Of Flowers is situated on the high hills of Sahyadri range in western ghats, 22 kilometers from Satara City in Maharashtra state of India. It is known as Maharashtras valley of flowers. The area of plateau is approximately 1,000 hectare. The plateau is laden with wild flowers during the months of September and October. The whole plateau looks like a carpet in various colors. These flowers bloom on their own and stay for about 23 weeks (depending on the monsoon and other weather factors).
It has been declared as Biodiversity World heritage site by The United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). Its a unique place for flora researchers, nature lovers, and photographers.
It is said to be the best trekking route near Mumbai and Pune for beginners. It is an easy trek filled with fun and beauty. You will get to see many beautiful things during this trek and after reaching the peak you can see four doors The first one is called 'Ganesh Darwaaja', the second one is called 'Narayan Darwaja', the third one is called 'Hanuman Darwaaja' & the fourth one is called 'Maha Darwaaja'. Out of this Hanuman Darwaaja is the most ancient of all the doors. Between Narayan & Hanuman Darwaaja there are two godowns which were used for storage purpose as a granary. This will be a perfect day out for you and your family or friends.
You will be served a healthy breakfast
Starting point: Malavali Railway Station
Trek Location: Ahmednagar
Pickup Time: 12:30 AM
Drop Time: 8:00 PM
Pickup and drop point: Kasara Railway Station
Maharashtra is a state in the western peninsular region of India. Places near Mumbai and Pune have some of the marvelous spots with green hills, lush forests, flowing springs and glinting waterfalls making for the best experience of trekking in Maharashtra. Harischandragad, situated in the Maslej region of the Western Ghats is one of the most famous hill forts in the region. Located in Ahmednagar, the fort is decorated with lush greenery a sheet of clouds.
The trek starts from a base village in Ahmednagar, where you will be resting before and after the trek. The trek will give you beautiful views of the lush green valleys covered with a thick grey sheet of clouds. You will come across Saptatirtha Pushkarni Temple and the Kedareshwar Cave where resides a big Shiva Linga, which is completely surrounded by water.
You will also witness the Temple of Harishchandreshwar and Konkan Kada which provides a scenic view of the surrounding region and the setting sun. Taramati peak is the topmost point on the fort which offers great views of the surroundings.
A trek to this fort in the monsoons is the perfect way to spend the weekend with your friends or family.
Transportation: Pickup and drop from Kasara Railway Station.
Meals: Breakfast & Evening Snacks
Activities: Trekking and photography
Difficulty level: Medium
Child Policy: Children below 5 years are not suitable for this trek. Those above 6 can join the trek at the same cost.
Suitable for: Family, Friends and Corporate.
How to reach: Starting point of this trek is Kasara Railway Station which is 106 Km away from Mumbai and 179 Km from Pune. Traveler can board on any train departing from their respective city toward Kasara as per the pickup timings.
Why Andharban should be your next trekking destination this monsoon?
Imagine yourself in the middle of dark jungles, finding routes, viewing valleys and crossing Ghats, sound adventurous?? Yeah!!!! You’ll be doing all this at Andharban – The Dark forest Trek. The Andharban trek is majorly based on descending from the peak. It is one of the most stunning treks and there are lots of things to explore. You will be walking on ridge that gives a scintillating view of the Kundalika Valley, Bhira dam and the various mountain ranges of Tamhini ghat.
While you’re trekking through the jungle of Andharban, there will be coverage of evergreen forests which covers you with a relaxing shade in first half of the trek (6-8 kms). The trek then descends down in Konkan to reach Bhira (4 kms). The same valley is the origin of the Kundalika river famous for its white-water river rafting and other adventure activities
About the Activity :
When was the last time you engaged in an exciting adventure with all your buddies? This weekend, head for an exciting trek to Andharban with your best buddies and all your loved ones to engage in a fun and exciting time! Andharban, by its name means a dark dense forest. This trek is primarily based on descending from the peak. It is one of the most beautiful treks and there are lots of things to explore. You will be walking on ridge that offers an awesome view of the Kundalika Valley, Bhira dam and the mountain ranges of Tamhini ghat. During your trek, there will be scores of evergreen forests which covers you with a relaxing shade in first half of the trek (6-8 kms).The trek further descends down in Konkan to reach Bhira (4 kms).The same valley is the origin of the Kundalika river famous for its white water river rafting and other adventure activities.
Base Village: Tamhini Ghat (Pimpri)
Height: 2,100 feet
Grade: Easy to Moderate
Best Time to Visit: June to Sep
Hypnotic Kundalika Valley View
Visit Tamhini Ghat
Bhira Dam start point
Walk through dense and dark jungle of Andharban
Surreal greenery and blissful environment while Andharban trek
Panoramic view of several mountains
Visapur fort offers a majestic view from the height of 3556ft. Located in Maharashtra near Pune district, the trek to Visapur is one of the best treks to do in Monsoon.
About the Trek:
The trek starts from Mumbai early in the morning. The trek offers several stunning views of lush green valleys and small or large waterfalls. You will find decorated architecture, the old house, caves, and ruins of a large stone-built house which is also known as Peshwa's palace. There are several temples around the fort, but you will notice that most of the temples are dedicated to Hanuman as he was the patron deity of Visapur fort.
You can also witness the ten feet long iron gun of Queen Elizabeth. Trek to Visapur will refresh your mind as well as your body. The difficulty level of the trek is easy but still, there will be a professional guide with you, who will assist you while trekking.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
Group Size: 40
Age Limit: 14-45 Years
Pickups and drop off points:
Pritam Hotel Near Flyover Dadar
Yogi Hotel, Diamond Garden, Chembur
Vashi Below Main Bridge
McDonald, Kalamboli Panvel
Malveli railway station near Lonavala
About the Activity:
Fixed Departure: 10th June, 2017
- Sarasgad is located at the foot of the famous Pali temple.The Pali village contains Sarasgad Fort, the twin of Sudhagad Fort. It can be identified by its four pinnacles and thus was mainly used as a watch place to check the surrounding region. The construction of the fort is not in good condition but the huge rock steps are something to watch for. There are two routes which lead to the top of this fort from Pali. On the top is the Shiva temple providing an excellent panoramic view of all the mountain ranges surrounding this area. Sudhagad and TailBaila can be easily viewed from the top of Sarasgad.
- The route till the top is easy excluding the last carved ladder patch which is a bit difficult (specially for first timers). This trek can be done by all age groups who are fit in general.
About the Activity:
- Tikona Fort is also renowned as the Vitangad, which literally means ‘Triangle Fort’.
- The fort as a trekking destination is noted for the large doors, blending past glory and adventure wonderfully.
- The trail passes through Trimbakeshwar Mahadev, water tanks, and the iconic Satavahana Caves.
- Offering spectacular views of the lake, Pawna Dam and Tung, Lohagad and Visapurgad from atop the fort makes this an ideal soulful retreat.
Meeting Point for Mumbai Guests: Pritam Hotel Dadar East at 6 AM
Pickup Point: Yogi Hotel, Diamond Garden, Chembur at 6:15 AM
Pickup Point : Vashi below Main Bridge at 7 AM
About the Activity:
Trekking enthusiasts, this holiday just got more exciting for you and your family! Head for a fun and exciting one day trek to Raigad in Maharashtra with your friends and experience the adventure! This is a hill fortress situated in the modern-day near Mahad, Raigad district of Maharashtra, India.
The fort, which rises 820 metres (2,700 ft) above sea level, is located in the Sahyadri mountain range. There are approximately 1400–1450 steps leading to the fort, though today a rope-way exists to reach the top of the fort.
Get fascinated by the amazing stories that you hear about this fort and all that it went through during the war with the British!
Situated in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra and covering an area of about 120km, Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary is fast emerging as a popular weekend getaway from Mumbai and Pune. The area around Bhimashankar is covered with thick dense jungle and is home to the endangered giant squirrels, this wildlife protected area boasts of rich flora and fauna and offers spectacular views of its lush green forests and the Sahyadri mountain range that surrounds the sanctuary.
The place is yet to be fully discovered by the tourists and therefore still exudes a serene and rustic charm. Bhimashankar also attracts pilgrims and devotees to the sacred Jyotiralinga Temple located amidst the wilderness. Its nature trail is an easy short trek near Pune where you can soak in the natural wild beauty of the forest.
The Bhimashankara temple (one of 12 Jyotirlings) is a composite of old and the new structures and is built in the Nagara style of architecture. It is a modest yet graceful temple and it dates back to mid 18th century. The Shikhara of the temple was built by Nana Phadnavis. The great Maratha ruler Shivaji is also said to have made endowments to this temple to facilitate the carrying out, of worship services. As with other Shiva temples in this area, the sanctum is at a lower level.
Bhimashankar trek is known to be one of the best treks in Sahyadri ranges and this time we will be ascending via Shidi ghat (Ladder route) & descending via Ganesh ghat to make it more interesting. The forest of Bhimashankar is a paradise for nature lovers as it hosts several exotic specie of wildlife and the most famous of all being the elusive rust-coloured giant squirrel (Ratufa Indica Elphinstoni) the state animal of Maharashtra.
Meeting Point: Karjat Railway station Platform No. 1 ticket window on Saturday Midnight
About the Activity:
- Fixed Departure: 12 Aug 2017, 24 Aug 2017, 15 Sep 2017, 22 Dec 2017
- Located 3500 feet above sea level, the trek to Harihargad Fort takes you through the magical expanse of nature.
- The prism-shaped fort enchants at first sight, and houses a pond in front of the Hanuman and Shiva shrines.
- Sheer design of the famed rock cut steps draws intrigued crowds, and the ornate, but steep steps scintillate while climbing up!
- Start your journey on Saturday Night by getting picked up from Pritam Hotel located in East Dadar at around 11.30 PM and Nitin Company Junction at around 12 midnight and continue your overnight journey to Harihargad Fort in Nashik.
- After reaching the base camp in the morning, have your delicious breakfast and start your trek to Harhargad Fort.
- Reach the fort in the afternoon and explore its beautiful history and architectural elegance, followed by a delicious lunch.
- Descend back to the base camp and enjoy your evening snacks on the way.
- Reach the base camp and start your journey back to Mumbai, reaching the city at around 10 PM depending on the traffic.
About the Destinations:
Imagine standing at the top of a massive stone fort as you see the million crowns of lush green trees around you! All of this can be a reality with a trek to Jungli Jaigad; one of India’s most interesting and adrenaline inducing jungle treks.
Jungli Jaigad is one of two forts of Jaigad that is surrounded by thick vegetation, hence earning its name. The hard stone structure of the massive fort is a spectacle for the eyes as it is located at about 2957ft above sea level. The destination carries the extra element of fun as it is located right in the middle of a dense, thick forest and is a part of the Koyna and Chandoli forests.
You will find all the exotic and serene elements of nature here! The gushing sounds of the Koyna Dam back waters along with the fascinating Kumbharli Ghat will keep you soaked with fun and enthralment!
About the Activity with Details:
Jungle, jungle everywhere! Feel wonderfully lost in the arms of Mother Nature as you step into the lush forests with theJungli Jaigad trek! Make your way to the historic fort, revel in the sounds of wildlife and bask in the glory of what the world would look like if man did not exist!
Though a challenging trek, the astounding views from the top makes the trek total worth of all the challenges and obstacles on the way! While you head out for the Jungli Jaigad Trek, stand atop the mountains and see the pipelines of the Koyna Dam, relax at the fort for a while as you take in the different phases of the day. Mesmerise yourself in the tranquillity of the fort with the forest shielding you from the world beyond!
Ride to this adventure with Uber at a special price. Book Now to receive the unique code.
About the Activity:
- This moderately-challenging trek is a favourite among adventurers.
- The trekking expedition takes place under the full moon's light, and is the highlight of the trip.
- Trek to the historic Torna Fort, and spend the night in a temple.
- The additional sightseeing tour of the fort is bound to enthrall, and the Budhla Maachi and Zunjar Maachi cliffs around the fort make this an ideal weekend trek!
- Maximum Altitude: 1,403 metres
- Reporting Time: 9 AM
Nashik has a wide range of treks that take you through dense wilderness and open up a bird's eye view of the city and the surrounding hills. And, out of them, there is one best trekking spot that will involve lots of thrill and adventure.
About the trek
Harihar Fort, also known as Harshgad, is a historic fort located in Maharashtra’s Nashik district. Several trekking enthusiasts visit this fort in monsoon for a new and refreshing experience. It appears rectangular from the base village and is situated on a triangular rock. One of the fort’s vertical sides facing the Nirgudpada Village got the name ‘Scottish Kada’ because it was first climbed by Doug Scott in 1986. He was a popular Himalayan mountaineer, who took about two days to ascend to the top of the cliff, which stands at 170 m. Harihar Fort trek is one of the must-try Treks in Western Ghats and makes for a great weekend getaway.The rock-carved staircases lead you to the fort. You will surely embrace surreal greenery and blissful environment while trekking through mesmerizing landscapes accompanying you throughout your Harihar Fort trekking. Feel your heart racing as you climb these stairs while enjoying the panoramic view of several mountains.Once you reach the hilltop, charm in the beauty of the elongated plateau which holds a small temple of Lord Hanuman and Lord Shiva. There is A small pond in front of the temples and water from it can be used for drinking. Enjoy the pleasing beauty of this land with a trek to Harihar Fort, Igatpuri.
The difficulty level of the trek is medium and there will be a professional guide with you, who will assist you while trekking to Harihar Fort.
Avoid carrying heavy weight for the trek.
Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good quality.
Entry fees are not included in the package.
Mineral water/cold drinks are not included in the package.
Pick- up points: Kasar Railway station
Some basic details related to trek
Height: 3500 feet Approx.
Type: Hill Fort
1Night / 1 Day.
About the Activitys:
- The Ghangad Trek and Tailbaila forts expedition begins as early as 06:30 AM as you meet at the predefined point at Shaniwar Peth.
- Armed with your trekking gear and safety equipment, set off on the adventure with a short drive that will bring take you towards Mulshi by around 08:00AM.
- Arrive at the destination and witness the allurement of the backwaters of the Mulshi Dam.
- After a short stopover for tea and breakfast; between 08:00-08:45AM, you will head off to the base camp of the Ghangad Fort.
- Arriving beside this historic fortress, embark on the gradually steep inclines of the fort to reach the summit and explore the historic fortifications and natural bounty.
- Have a nourishing lunch between 12:30-01:15 PM and head on further on the trail to the base of the Tailbaila Fort by around 02:30 PM.
- Marvel at the bird’s eye view of the scenery around right up to the Konkan region.
- After around 2.5 hours at the fort, relax with your team mates over tea and biscuits before embarking on the journey back to Pune at around 05:30PM; expect to reach Pune by around 08:30 in the evening.