- A unique architectural feat standing tall at 376ft within the Olympic Park, with two spectacular viewing platforms and a long tunnel slide.
- The view from the vantage points of the structure is phenomenal as one can see The Shard, St. Paul's and other amazing scenery.
- The viewing platforms also have digital telescopes so visitors can take a close look of the different historical structures.
- Taking a plunge into the tunnel slide is the highlight of the structure, as the slide extends from the top of the structure to the ground.
- Strategically placed windows along the slide, enhance the artistic experience, if the visitors can keep their eyes open during the thrilling slide.
Timings: Mon-Fri 11am-5pm, Sat-Sun 10am-6pm
Suggested Read: Things To Do Near London Eye
Columbia Road Flower Market
- One of the most vibrant and colorful places to visit in East London, Columbia Road Flower Market is open only on Sunday.
- The bustling market has vendors selling fresh cut flowers, plants and vintage artifacts for visitors to explore and shop.
- The narrow street is bustling with locals and tourists exploring the stalls for herbs, shrubs, flowering plants, and bulbs.
- Visitors can explore the side lanes behind the stalls for cafes, restaurants etc. after they have finished shopping for the flowers.
- Visiting early in the morning at opening time is the best way to shop if you are looking to explore the market in a less crowded time.
Timings: Sunday 8 AM - 3 PM
Suggested Read: Things To Do Near Alton Tower
- One of the most popular places in East London, the Victoria Park is known as the people's park due to its frequency of visitors.
- It's one of the best places to visit during Summers because of the festivals like Field day and Lovebox.
- Visitors love exploring the original work of famous architect Sir James Pennethorne, who landscaped a few parts of the park.
- In autumn the highlights of the park include epic firework displays, and strolls amidst the beautiful scenery.
- Kids will find plenty of things to do, with various swings, slides and the amazing Pools Playground designed specially for their creative interactive experience.
- Among other highlights of the park are the Dogs of Alcibiades statues, Burdett-Coutts Fountain and two stone alcoves belonging to the original London Bridge.
Museum Of London Docklands
- Nestled in a 200 year old warehouse, the museum houses a rich collection of history of the Thames and people who lived alongside it.
- Learn about the history and culture of the area, from the early Roman Times to the recent development of Canary Wharf.
- Various historic photograph exhibits from the war time periods reflect on the importance of the port, making the museum an important part of historical tourist attractions in East London.
- Visitors will find on display source material from Metropolitan Fire Brigade footage, Port of London Authority Archive, etc.
Timings: 10 AM - 6 PM
Check This Out: Hidden Places In London
- One of the first art galleries to be opened to the public, the Whitechapel Gallery is a must visit among tourists attractions in East London for art enthusiasts.
- The gallery exhibits focus on up and coming artists as much as it does on preserving art. Explore the various temporary exhibits of newcomers and new age artists.
- Spot the Whitechapel Bell Foundry, a place where the Big Ben and Liberty Bell were crafted.
- Visitors can also enjoy the many free art exhibits, displaying the work of the past ages and artists.
Timings: 11 AM - 6 PM
Recommended Read: Things To Do In London With Kids
Old Royal Naval College
- One of the most scenic places to visit in East London, the Old Royal Navy College is nestled right on the Thames.
- The painted hall of the college is the highlight, a beautiful masterpiece which looks a lot like London's Sistine Chapel.
- Visitors should also spot the underground skittles alley that is hidden by themselves beneath the stunning structure.
- The Queen's House is nearby, and visitors should definitely include it in their itinerary when visiting the college.
- Take a stroll or relax at Greenwich Park after the tour of the College structure.
Timings: 10 AM - 5 PM
Entry Fee: Adults (above 16)- £12.50
Suggested Read: Things To Do In Victoria London
- Shoreditch is a fun and artsy place to go in East London, nestled just north of the Liverpool Street Station.
- Shop around the local stalls and fashion boutique spots at the Spitalfields Market.
- Grab a bite or an entire order of fish chips from the popular eatery Poppies.
- Visitors will love exploring the unique shopping elements - Shoreditch Boxpark, that line the streets in the area.
- Explore the amazing bars and speakeasies that are brimming with vibrant ambiance, music and amazing drinks.
Do Read: Things To Do In Shoreditch
Emirates Air Line And The O2
- The Emirates Air Line is London's only cable car line, and it takes you across the Thames in around 10 minutes.
- The Cable Car Line is a must visit place in East London for thrill seekers as they will enjoy the adrenaline rush and view from top, while gliding over the Thames.
- The O2 is connected to the cable car line, a destination suited to visitors who are looking for entertainment, music, shopping - all at one place.
- Shop at the Icon Outlet or if lucky, guests will be able to enjoy a concert at the O2.
- Adventure seekers can even enjoy scaling the roof of the Dome with the activity - Up at the O2.
Timings: 10 AM - 10 PM
Check This: Things To Do In Kings Cross
Dennis Severs' House
- One of the most unique places in East London, the Dennis Severs' House is a time capsule experience that teaches visitors about history in a theatrical experience.
- Visitors will love exploring the different rooms of the house, each one a still life scene telling the tale of an 18th century silk weavers house.
- The Severs' House is a unique experience among the places to visit in East London, specially for history and art enthusiasts who will love the detailed exhibit that is woven like a story around the house.
- Guests will find half eaten dinner, chamber pots that need emptying, a crackling fire and much more without a single person living in that house.
Timings: Thursday- 6pm- 9.30pm
Entry Fee: Adult: £15
Recommended Read: Things To Do Near Tower Of London
Brick Lane area
- Bustling with modern age cafes, thrift shops, vintage artifact shops, pubs and bars, Brick Lane is the vibrant soul among places to go in East London.
- Visitors will find plenty of vintage collectables, art and clothing at the Brick Lane Market on Sundays.
- One of the best places in East London for thrift shopping is Beyond Retro, nestled in the heart of the Brick Lane area.
- Upmarket is one of the restaurants where visitors will find lip smacking flavors of local food and a vibrant ambiance.
- Thursday visits will give the tourist and visitors a chance to explore the Vintage Market, as this is open only once a week.
Do Read: Things To Do Near Borough Market