Spot The Royals At Kensington
- You can watch the royals of the Royal family of the United kingdom as many of the senior and junior members of the royal family reside in South Kensington.
- You must be aware of all the rules and respect the privacy of the royal members of the monarchy though for a good experience to cherish.
- Take a tour of palaces and to get a glimpse of royal life.
Recommended Read: Things To Do In London
See A Performance At Royal Albert Hall
- First inaugurated by Queen Victoria in the year 1871 to honor her late husband, Prince Albert, this historic hall has hosted almost all the biggest entertainers of their time.
- Plays of various genres are organized here in this great hall. From Hamlet to Hamilton the choice is truly endless.
- You can catch a concert by the famous artists like Adele or the killers in this hall as most of the leading acts in the world have performed here.
Address: Kensington Gore, South Kensington, London SW7 2AP, United Kingdom
Timing: 11 AM to 5 PM
- Harrods is an age-old and trusted departmental store based in the United Kingdom.
- Having more than 5000 brands including luxury brands of women’s and men’s clothing, Harrods is a beacon of charm and elegance for the visitors to south Kensington.
- Most of the British population like to go shopping there so do not be surprised if you come across a few familiar faces during your visit there.
Address: 87-135 Brompton Rd, London SW1X 7XL, United Kingdom
Pay A Visit To The Natural History Museum
- The natural history museum visit lies on top of the list of the things to do in South Kensington and is a fantastic place to learn about the evolution of humankind throughout history.
- It is by far one of the most fascinating places in South Kensington, reminiscent of the natural historic elements of the world that have crept their way into the modern world thanks to our scientists, historians, archaeologists, and paleontologists.
- It doesn't matter where your interest lies in the varied spectrum of science, this museum has all the elements to cover your interests.
- Often the museum conducts exciting and educational exhibitions which you can enjoy if you pay for the ticket and if you are lucky to catch them during your visit there.
Address: Cromwell Rd, South Kensington, London SW7 5BD, United Kingdom
Explore Science Museum
- The science museum visit lies on top of the list of the things to do in South Kensington and is a fantastic place to learn about the evolution of scientific activities and inventions throughout history.
- The science museum is a testament to why and how the British were always so ahead of their time and a lot can be learned from the tours provided in the museum.
- The scientific revolution of the European region is a known fact and part of the curriculum anywhere in the world, but in the science museum one can feel the nitty-gritty of the inventions
Address: Exhibition Rd, South Kensington, London SW7 2DD, United Kingdom
Pay A Visit To Hyde Park
- Kensington is famous for its parks and the royal parks are a sight to behold. One of these royal parks is Hyde Park.
- A picnic with your family in Hyde Park could be a memory you can enjoy for the rest of your life.
- Sunset at Hyde Park is especially beautiful when all the birds come to their nest after a long day and you get to enjoy that sight sitting with your loved ones.
Address: London, United Kingdom
Walk Around Kensington Garden
- Kensington garden located in South Kensington, London, is one more royal park that can be enjoyed for a picnic with your family or have playtime with your children after sunset to familiarize yourself with the culture of the city.
- This park is famous for its size and beauty which pans out to a large area in South Kensington.
- Pets are also allowed if you decide to take your pooch with you there.
- Various types of flowers and trees are planted in this royal garden for visitors to enjoy.
Eat At The Churchill Arms
- The Churchill Arms is a famous Thai food restaurant based in London.
- For over 25 years it is the most sought place for Thai food and noodles.
- The cuisine is light and safe and the authenticity that the chefs there bring to the food will place you on a plane to Thailand.
Address: 119 Kensington Church St, London W8 7LN, United Kingdom
Do Read: Things To Do Near Borough Market
Visit Maitre Choux For Posh Pastries
- The famous pastry shop on Harrington road in south Kensington is for all of the sweet tooths out there and confectionery lovers.
- This shop can host up to 200 various kinds of pastries and eclairs, which are their specialty, and the prices are within reach if you are especially hungry for a treat or two.
- The treats are a lot traditional in nature so you can expect an authentic British dessert experience.
- French desserts are also available.
Address: 15 Harrington Rd, South Kensington, London SW7 3ES, United Kingdom
Suggested Read: Things To Do Near London Eye
Wander Around The Beautiful Victorian Streets
- Whenever one is introduced to the idea of the United Kingdom, they think about the Great History and architecture of the country. London is one of the oldest cities in the world, and thus the streets and every stone of it carry a story to tell.
- If one is not in the fun activities that Kensington has to offer, they can simply wander around the beautiful victorian streets and make a story for themselves to cherish in their life
- Victorian England, especially the streets of London are incredibly aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, and your Insta feed for that matter.
Pay Tribute At Albert Memorial
- The Albert Memorial established directly to the north of the Royal Albert Hall was commissioned by queen victoria in the memories of her beloved husband Prince Albert who died in 1861.
- It was a dark period of queen victoria’s life and she sought solidarity in the form of tributes from her subjects.
- You can too stand in that memorial and show your respect to this great consort that once was living on this face of the earth
Address: Kensington Gardens, London W2 2UH, United Kingdom
Check This Out: Places In East London
Visit Cafe Momo
- If you are a fan of Mediterranean food or just want to change your pallet and try Mediterranean food, Cafe Momo is the place to be.
- Unlike its name, it has to do less with Momos and Tibetan food and more with Mediterranean cuisine.
- It also has an assortment of sandwiches and cakes for customers to enjoy.
- The Moroccan menu is a must-try for all the customers and the prices are reasonable and not much on the high side, so anyone with a budget can enjoy the food without much worry.
Address: 25 Heddon St, London W1B 4BH, United Kingdom
Recommended Read: Places In West London
Visit Victoria And Albert Museum
- The catalog of the museums of the British empire continues and we come to the Victoria and Albert Museum which is a beacon of Excellence for most people who are interested in art and fashion and decorations.
- The house of antiques if you would, this museum is a testament to the past and how the British people in that period used to live.
- Guided tours take place regularly for you to enjoy every fact and artifact of the museum
Address: Cromwell Rd, London SW7 2RL, United Kingdom
Do Read: Adventurous Things To Do In London
Discover The Secret Garden At Brompton Food Market
- The Secret Garden at Brompton food Market as this cafe has one of the best food in the city.
- The cuisine is mostly Deli and Spanish, you can go there to enjoy the delicious Spanish cuisine in the Brompton Food market.
- The prices are on the higher side but it is worth it and what is a little bit of splurging while traveling right
Address: 33 Thurloe Place, London SW7 2HQ, England (South Kensington)
Recommended Read: Attractions Near Alton Towers
Pay A visit To Royal College music
- This is a treat for all the music lovers out there.
- Visit the famous Royal College of Music in London and witness the making of the future maestros of music.
- The alumni list of the college is itself a work of wonder with students like Rebecca Clarke and Samuel Coleridge-Taylor
- Address: Prince Consort Rd, South Kensington, London SW7 2BS, United Kingdom
Also Read: Things To Do Near Borough Market