Visit Capital Karts For Go Karting
- This go-karting track has garnered a legendary status over the years as it has been holding races for the past seven decades!
- You can race their well-maintained karts at speeds up to 45km/h while negotiating flowing corners, fast straights and tight hairpins. A truly thrilling experience!
- It is over 1 kilometre long in overall length, making it the largest indoor track in the whole of the United Kingdom.
- It is ideally located as well, since it is in the middle of the city. This also makes it one of the most essential additions in the list of best things to do in London in October.
- Whether you arrive here with friends or your family, everyone who steps inside the go-kart is bound to appreciate the thrill this racing brings to the table.
Location: Barking, East London
Visit London Eye With Family
- The London eye consists of multiple capsules made out of glass in which you can sit with your family and friends to enjoy a bird’s eye view of the whole city.
- It is the world’s tallest cantilevered observation wheel which soars 135-metres high in the sky to provide a mesmerising view of the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben.
- It has 32 pods or capsules in total, denoting London’s 32 boroughs.
- The capsules elegantly rotate over the iconic River Thames and this particularly makes it one of the best things to do in London in October.
- A trip to London Eye is a must if you are visiting London because it is truly one of the most famous visitor experiences in London.
Take A Tour At Warner Bros Studio
- If you are looking for an ultimate fun experience with your family, a trip to Warner Bros Studio is worth considering.
- You can discover and explore behind-the-scenes secrets of Harry Potter films and not only this, you can also get to know about the filmmaking techniques that went behind creating the magical world of Harry Potter.
- One can also board the iconic Hogwarts Express train and witness the recreation of Platform 9-3/4. This is possibly one of the best things to do in London in October if you are a Potterhead.
- Visiting the most recognizable set features from the films is a must. These sets include the following: the Gryffindor common room, the great hall, Dumbledore’s office, the Weasley kitchen, and the Ministry of Magic.
- If you are looking for a souvenir to carry back home, you can shop in Diagon Alley.
Location: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, Studio Tour Drive, Leavesden, WD25 7LR
Pay A Visit At Windsor Castle
- Windsor Castle is a royal residence located in the English county of Berkshire.
- While it is strongly associated with the British royalty, its architectural grandeur is something else entirely.
- Your ticket to Windsor castle will grant you access to the glorious State Apartments. The walls of these apartments are decorated with some of the finest artworks in the Royal collection.
- One cannot miss out on visiting the Queen Mary's Doll's House, touted to be the largest dolls’ house in the world.
- If you time your visit right during the day, you can also catch a hold of the spectacular Changing the Guard ceremony which is downright one of the best things to do in London in October.
Location: Windsor Castle, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1NJ
Explore Tower Of London
- The tower of London is one of the most famous castles of London which has also served as a secure fortress in the past.
- It has also doubled up as a royal palace and an infamous prison where you can witness 1000 years of London’s history.
- Prepare to get dazzled by witnessing the world famous and breathtaking Crown Jewels here: the crown that is worn by British Monarchs during their coronation!
- Yeoman Warder tour encompasses hearing the countless interesting stories related to this fortress, making it one of the best activities to do in London in October.
- You can also just gawk and wonder at the imposing White Tower which is a prime example of British architecture.
- A special meet and greet is also arranged for Visitors where they can get up and personal with Ravens here and uncover why they are renowned as the Guardians of the Tower.
Location: London EC3N 4AB, United Kingdom
Watch Changing of the Guard At Buckingham Palace
- This historic tradition of Changing of the Queen’s Guard has been an integral part of London’s culture since 1660.
- This spectacle commences with a troop of the Queen’s Life Guard riding from Hyde Park, past the Buckingham Palace to change their duties.
- This is widely regarded as one of the best activities to do in London in October but if you wish to enjoy it to the fullest, try to arrive a little early to reserve the first line.
- Even after getting done with the ceremony, indulging yourself in an enlightening tour of the legendary Buckingham Palace is going to make your experience even more memorable!
Location: Memorial Flower Beds, Construction Hill, Spur Rd, London
Take A Helicopter Ride
- Spoil yourself with the breathtaking views of this iconic city that you can witness by taking a thrilling helicopter ride.
- This once-in-a-lifetime helicopter tour over the London city offers splendid views of London’s skyline which includes some of the most iconic landmarks like The Shard, Houses of Parliament, Tower Bridge and more. If this doesn’t make it one of the best things to do in London in October, we don’t know what will!
- If you have any questions on this ride related to the London city, your experienced and knowledgeable pilot will be at your disposal!
- What makes this experience even sweeter is that you can attain a flying licence of your own if you enrol with their amazing selection of helicopter lessons!
Location: Varies on the helicopter ride tour operator which you choose
Frieze London Art Fairs
- View, buy and browse world-class art sourced from the best international galleries at the Frieze art fairs.
- Since it is located in the premises of Regent’s Park, an evening stroll through this gorgeous park after visiting the art fair would double up the overall appeal of the experience.
- It takes place every year but only in the month of October so for art connoisseurs, attending this exclusive event is a must!
- The event lasts for four days and has about 160 exhibitors in total who come here to showcase their exemplary work and collection. So if you are into art, attending this event is one of the best things to do in London in October.
- Even if you don’t wish to buy any artwork from this fair, just strolling and spectating would enlighten you by a fair margin.
- There is another event that runs simultaneously - Frieze Masters event. This event primarily focuses on exhibiting older and rare work.
Location: Regent’s Park, London
Pay A Visit At London Literature Festival
- Autumn is the perfect weather to get indulged in the world of books and literature. There’s no better way to do it than attending this prestigious festival in London.
- It is the 15th iteration of this festival which aims at bringing together several international authors, speakers and poets.
- This year, it is going to take place between 20-30th October. This is the most talked-about literature fest that takes place in this city.
- Past speakers at this festival have included the likes of Louis Theroux, Salman Rushdie and Hillary Clinton. This year’s lineup is yet to be announced but believe the organisers to one-up the game this time around as well.
Location: Southbank, London
Do Read: Things To Do Near Borough Market
Go For A Halloween Party
- Rivoli Pop up Cinema: You can watch the screening of cult classic horror films here, like Hocus Pocus, The Shining and the Rocky Horror Picture show.
- Ballie Ballerson Shoreditch: If you wish to kick it up a notch, this is a proper ‘PARTY’ with some spooktacular DJs playing their jams.
- Halloween Ball at the Mansion: Held at a ‘secret location’, this party takes place on three floors! Three floors of actual madness is accompanied by scrumptious food that is served here.
- Hip Hop Brunch LDN: Dance to the beats of reggae music played by a live DJ or just enjoy their three-course meals and bottomless drinks, you are bound to have a great time at this party. Partying remains one of the best activities to do in London in October and what better way to do it than attending some of the best!
Location: Time and Entry fee depends on the location you choose.
Check This Out: Places In East London