Scuba Diving, Kota Kinabalu
If you love fun and adventure and ready to take up any challenges than Scuba Diving in Penang is the best option for you. Dive deep into the water and explore the sea life and dive among the turtles and sharks of these region. The fun part is that you will be seeing this in live.
Highlights: Explore the underwater flora and fauna and get a closer view of the coral reefs. The diving in the clear blue water is surely going to be one of the best experience for a lifetime you and your friends. If you are a beginner then there will be some professional diver who will help you dive better.
Location: Kota KinabaluPrice: Approximately 120 - 400 MYR
Experience the fun and thrill like never before as you hop through different islands of Kota Kinabalu. Feel the joy of exploring various islands with their unique identity. This will be the best experience of your life exploring something which is completely new.
Highlights: Explore the twin islands in Kota Kinabalu which is considered as a heaven on Earth.Each of these paradise has a beauty of its own. The lush green forest and the clear blue water is the perfect combination which creates a different view for the people. The best thing is that you get to explore different islands with its unique views which they store in them.
Location: Kota KinabaluPrice: Approximately 200- 350 MYR
If you are looking for some serious adrenaline rush then Paragliding is the definitely the perfect activity for you. Imagine yourself flying freely across and enjoying the view of the valleys and the mountains slowly drifting with the cloud.Amazing isn’t it? Indulge yourself in paragliding in Kota Kinabalu and have the best experiences of your life.
Highlight: Indulge yourself in this exciting activity of paragliding in kota Kinabalu. This will be a lifetime experience for you. Nothing can be better than observing the amazing landscapes from a whole different perspective. Even if you are doing it for the first time you will have trained professional who will help you to paraglide and fly like a bird.
Location: Kota Kinabalu
Price: Approximately 300- 400 MYR
Climb Mt. Kinabalu
With a mighty elevation of about 4100 meters Mt. Kinabalu is the tallest mountain in South Asia. It provides the best terrain for rock climbing and a perfect refuge from the tropical hot and humid climate. The topography of the mountain makes the climb to the summit really tough as the climbers have to jump through barbaric hurdles and cross mesmerizing cliffs.
Highlights: Those who don’t want to climb up to the summit, there are a few restaurants for them at the ground level to relax and gaze at the mesmerizing beauty if the summit. There is also an option of guided tour which takes you on a shot hike across the fire-path paved on the mountain.
Location: Mount Kinabalu is about 100 Km from the World Heritage site of Kinabalu Park and is easily accessible from the local near about.
Nothing can beat the thrill of rowing through the class IV and class V rapids. The thrill of this water sport is incomparable when you triumph the large waves and guide your raft through the strenuous snag along the course of time. It’s the perfect adventure activity for those who want to kick-off the thrill during their vacation.
Highlights: The place offers unique class VI rapids which can be challenging even for the professionals. Smash through the huge waves while trying to steering through the hazardous rocks and sudden drops.
Location: The best place for river rafting is the Padas River at the southwestern part of Kata Kinabalu. This place is easy accessibility by public transport.
Price: Approximately 200 MYR per person
Mari Mari Cultural Village tour
What is the point of visiting a place when you don’t understand its local culture and traditions? Explore the Mari Mari village give the travelers a unique chance to learn about the skeptic lifestyle of the local tribes. Grab the wonderful opportunity and gather knowledge about the regional cuisines and the ethnic lifestyle of the people and it is one of the famous places to see in Kota Kinabalu. Witness their hunting skills and their precise fishing techniques.
Highlights: The settlement inhabits five different kinds of pagans. Learn their hunting skills. Get a chance to relax in the huts during the hot and humid days. Satisfy your taste-buds with mouth watering tribal food.
Location: The cultural village is isolated modern civilization and deep into the country side of Inanam in Kota Kinabalu.
Price: Approximately 200 MYR per person.
Fishing Trip – Timpangoh River
What could more interesting than trying your fishing skills. Don’t get disappointed if you can’t master the art of fishing, you will be assisted by professionals to get a great catch. Trek along the river bank to reach the fishing site. Once you are done fishing, you can also relax by taking a dip in the river. There is also an option of savoring a great picnic.
Highlights: Timpangoh River provides a nice fishing experience as there are a plenty of catch in the river. If people aren’t getting a hold of a fish, they can also enjoy a relaxing swim in the river and a lavish picnic by the riverside.
Location: The fishing location at the banks of Timpangoh River in Kota Kinabalu.
Price: Approximately 250 MYR per person.
Kota Kinabalu is the perfect destination for the tourist to enjoy the thrill of floating high above the sea. Enjoy the scenic bird’s eye view of the coastline and the city. Witness the beautiful coral reef under the canopy of your parasailing. If you are parasailing for the first time, then you needn’t worry, as you will receive all the safety instruction and tip from the professionals.
Highlights: Fly above the beautiful blue sea under the supervision of professionals. This activity is conducted by licensed professionals and all the safety measure and standards are taken care of. The technical crew will take care of the take off and the landing to avoided hazards.
Location: You can enjoy the parasailing experience at the Manukan Islands, Kota Kinabalu.
Price: Approximately 200 MYR
North Borneo Railway Train Ride from Kota Kinabalu to Papar
Enjoy the soft, sweet and smooth ride through the beautiful landscape of Kota Kinabalu. Hop into the old style steam engine driven train which will take you chugging through the rice fields, and traditional village homes.
Highlights: It’s a once of a kind train journey which will take you back in time when you ride in the 1900’s steam engine driven train. The pantry in the train will provide refreshments for you to experience the most lavish service.
Location: Enjoy the train journey from Kota Kinabalu to Papar.
Timing: Monday to Friday: 10:00 Am to 06:00 PM and Saturday: 09:00 Am to 05:00 PM
Price: Approximately 350 MYR per adult
Have you ever felt the urge to explore the canopy of a forest and the fauna at which resides at about 500 m above the ground level. Canopy Walking does the same for you. Explore the forest from a whole new perspective. It’s a once a lifetime experience to walk across the forest suspended at an elevation of about 500 m.
Highlights: Get a chance to spotting birds which inhabit in the canopy of the forest. Discover the rainforest like never before, by waking above the ground level which is best suited to explore the wildlife of the forest. Once can also enjoy the panoramic view of the Danum Valley.
Location: One can enjoy canopy walking in Sabah.
Price: Approximately 350 MYR per adult.
Klias Wetlands River Safari
Sail through the calm and quite wetlands in search of the wildlife. Sense the delightful sounds of the chirping birds and the dense growl of the forest. It’s the perfect opportunity for those who love to spend time close to nature. If you are lucky enough to avail the moonlight river safari, which allows you to witness the nature’s marvels, you will find yourself surrounded by fireflies which will add charm to your tour.
Highlights: The best part of this safari is that you will get to see some of the endangered species of the wild, which you will find nowhere else. If luck favors you, you can spot the rare Silver leaf Monkey, Proboscis Monkeys and Myriad Species of birds.
Location: One can enjoy this safari by travelling southwards into the Klias Wetlands.
Price: Approximately 200 MYR per adult.
Gaya Street Sunday Market
Also known as the Sunday market, Gaya Street should be in every traveller’s bucket list. The place has been of importance to the traders for over a hundred years. It’s the perfect place for those who want to tour the local markets. Tourists can buy a variety of things like, authentic Malaya ingredients, a large variety of sea food, Malayan art and craft etc and it is one of the best places to visit in Kota Kinabalu.
Highlights: If you are looking to buy some souvenirs to take back home, then this is the correct place to do so. People can also find traditional Malaysian artifacts. If you are a food lover, then you can explore the various ingredients for authentic Malaysian cuisines.
Location: It is located in the center of the city; hence people can stroll down to this place. The market is well connected with the public transport as well, so reaching there is not a problem.
Timing: The best time to visit the market is during the daytime on Sundays.
Scuba Doo (underwater scooter)
Similar to scuba diving, Scuba Doo provides an upgraded access to the underwater world. Passengers can put their head inside an air locked bubble which allows them to breath at ease while explore the spectacular coral reef and the marine animals. It allows people to explore the marine world with ease and with comfort.
Highlights: It’s a safe and an affordable way to explore the underwater life. You needn’t worry about propelling yourself forward in order to explore, the under water scooter will help your wok easy.
Location: You can avail the activity near the beaches of Kota Kinabalu.
Have you ever imagined walking on the sea bed and exploring the underwater marvels? You don’t need to posses super skills, it’s as easy as taking a walk in the park. Explore the marine life and the coral reef and get a chance to see a variety of fishes, corals and other marine life.
Highlights: This activity allows you to admire the marine organisms up close and personal. None the less it allows you to explore the underwater life without muscling with heavy scuba diving equipments.
Location: You can find this activity in all almost all the beaches of Kota Kinabalu.
Cost: Approximately 200 to 500 MYR
There is no doubt in that fishing is something which is loved by all. Now imagine catching lying fish in the Sabah, Borneo in Kota Kinabalu. This will be a hell of an experience for you. Feel the thrill and the magic catching these flying fish which will be very exciting in itself.
Highlights: The Rivers in this region is teeming with fish in its clear cool water. This is even after the fact that it has been just recently been harvested but still they have quite a lot of fish there which makes it a pleasant sports for the people to catch flying fish in this area. One thing you need to keep in mind is that you need to be very careful while you catch the fling fish as you will have to move together with it.Location: Sabah, Borneo in Kota Kinabalu.
Kota Kinabalu, not only has some of the most beautiful islands and beaches, but also has some enthralling and adventurous activities, Ziplining being the one. The thrilling ziplining here offers a 250m long ride, which stretches across the channel, dividing the Gaya and Sapi Island. The ride gives the most beautiful view of the Tunku Abdul Rahman, which no other activity can give. It is also the second longest ‘Island to Island’ Zipline in the world.
Location: The Ziplining activity in Kota Kinabalu can be carried out in the TAR park, which is just at a 10-minute boat ride from the Kota Kinabalu. You can take the ferry from the Jesselton Jetty ferry terminal
Price: The activity cost approximately starts from 195 MYR.
Timings: 8.30 AM to 4 PM
Gaya Island Jungle Trekking
Despite the trekking is not very famous and beloved adventurous activity in Malaysia, the country has some enthralling spots for the same, Gaya Island being one of them. The Jungle tail of this place is around 4 KM long, which takes approximately two hours to finish. You can start your trek from the Gaya Island and finish it at the Hornbill Beach or you can take the other way round for it. While trekking, if you got lucky, you can behold various beautiful wild animals, which include wild boars, snakes, monkeys, etc. However, the jungle is so dense in some of the places that it may be difficult for the photography.
How to reach: You can easily reach in 30-minutes from the speed boats, which you can take from the Jesselton Jetty ferry terminal in the Kota Kinabalu city.
Price: The approximate cost for the trek per person starts from 231 MYR.
Timings: 8.30 AM to 4 PM.
Snorkeling, Kota Kinabalu
Stretch your legs and get ready to explore the tropical beaches by snorkeling in the clear water of Kota Kinabalu. The stunning islands here are surrounded by coral reefs and a plenty of aqautic life, discover the amazing marine life by snorkeling in Kota Kinabalu. The vast ocean has so much hidden in its bosom and the best thing is that you get to feel that ultimate excitement while snorkelling underwater.
Highlights: The underwater life is something which is totally different from what we actually see. The green plants and the marine life will attract you as you snorkel deep into the water.Feel the difference as you float through the astonishing clarity of the water and the mesmerizing colours of the underwater life.
Location: Kota KinabaluPrice: Approximately 120-135 MYR
Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre
The Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre is yet another place, which is focussed towards the conservation of Orangutans while keeping them in their natural habitat. If you love wildlife and wildlife photography, this is a must visit place as it allows you to get very close to this amazing creature and you are allowed to feed them from the feeding platforms with the help of rangers and it is one of the best places to see in Kota Kinabalu.
Location: The Rehabilitation Center is located in the Sandakan town, which is approximately 23 KM from the Kota Kinabalu City center.
How to reach: You can take the public transport from the Sandakan town, which will cost you around 2.10 MYR per way. You also can hire a taxi, which will cost you around 100 MYR.
Price: The entry fees starts from around 30 MYR per adult.
Timings: 8 AM to 5 PM
The Kota Kinabalu is not just about the beautiful beaches and islands, the place also has lots of amazing adventurous activity, Mounting Biking being the one. It is one of the coolest ways to explore the countryside of the Sabah area. You also get to meet the Dusun people, the villages situated alongside the river, jungle plantations and the elegant coastal plains, where you will end your ride at the Linangkit Cultural Village. You will even get a chance to enjoy the lip-smacking Malay cuisines during the lunch time.
Location: The activity takes place in the countryside area of Sabah, which is just 1KM from the city center of Kota Kinabalu
Price: The approximate cost per person starts from 260 MYR
- Kota Kinabalu
About the Activity:
- This sport is designed for non-certified enthusiasts who are keen to experience the amazing world of marine life
- Get picked up from SunnyReef diving shop in Kota Kinabalu at around 8.30 AM and proceed to the activity location.
- After reaching you will be taught the necessary diving skills before being taken for a wonderful underwater tour.
- The diving session will have two dives out of which the 1st dive involve seven skills training and shore dive.
- The 2nd dive is a boat dive, which will be conducted after a lip-smacking lunch on board.
- After your diving session, explore the Tunku Abul Rahman Park, and Kota Kinabalu and nearby places.
- End your amazing diving session at around 2 PM by heading back to your hotel.
- Kota Kinabalu
Situated in the enticing island of Borneo, Kota Kinabalu city is a one-stop destination for peace seekers. The city has derived its name from its highest hill, Mount Kinabalu. Whether you want to explore its cultural treasures like Kota Kinabalu City Mosque or delve into its rich history at Sabah Museum, this city has everything that makes it a traveler’s delight.
While the exquisite architectural design of City Mosque will leave you in praise for the Islamic architecture, the 30-story building of Tan Mustapha will give a sneak peek into the modern infrastructure of the city.
Apart from being a hub for historical monuments and architectural wonders, Kota Kinabalu city tour also encompasses a visit to scenic spots such as Signal Hill Observatory Platform where you can steal away a moment of solitude.
If you want to grab an antique as a souvenir of Kota Kinabalu trip, don’t forget to visit the swarming streets of Handicraft Market. This market has emerged as the favorite spot for shopaholics and art lovers.
About the Kota Kinabalu Day Trip:
-Pick up from the hotel at 9:00 am and start with a pleasant morning drive around Kota Kinabalu.
-Your first stop will be the Filipino Market, which is a major tourist attraction and shopping spot in the KK city center.
-After that, you will be visiting the Floating Mosque, which is the most outstanding pieces of architecture in Sabah.
-As the tour progresses, your next destination will be the Poh Toh Tze Buddhist temple.
-After visiting the Buddhist temple, your next stop will be at Cocoa Boutique- a famous chocolate factory.
-Your last destination of the tour will be Signal Hill, which is the highest point in the city from where you get a good view of Kota Kinabalu.
-Back to the hotel.
Pick-up time and location:
Kota Kinabalu city North: 9:00 am
Kota Kinabalu city center: 9:00 am
Kota Kinabalu city South: 9:00 am
Airport area: 8:45 am
1Borneo area: 9:00 am
Outskirt area: 8:30 am
Note: Minimum 2 persons are required to book the tour.
- Kota Kinabalu
About the Activity:
- Mari Mari village is located about 25 minutes away from the city. The journey will take you to long roads surrounded by a rich spectrum of greenery and overarched by wild blue skies.
- Get picked up from your hotel in Kota Kinabalu at around 11 AM and embark to explore the ancient village and acquaint yourself with its culture and tradition.
- During your tour visit each tribe's traditional house and do some in house activities and stopover at demo in huts.
- Enjoy a lip-smacking traditional Malay lunch in the afternoon, followed by the cultural performance and pantomime show.
- In the evening, bid a primordial farewell to the village and head back to Kota Kinabalu and get dropped off to your hotel at around 7 PM.
- Kota Kinabalu
About the Klias River Cruise & Fireflies Safari:
- Witness the rare Proboscis monkey dangling from branches and on the river banks having fun.
- Enjoy high tea and delicious dinner on board watching the fireflies dance at night.
- The Klias River Cruise includes Hotel return and boat transfers.
- An English speaking guide will accompany you for the entire trip.
- A relaxing river cruise on the river Klias will help you explore the nearby areas, mangrove forest and various species of flora and fauna dwelling there.
A scenic drive for 1.5 hours from Kota Kinabalu will take you to Klias, an extremely picturesque wetland considered to be the biggest peat swamp forest in Sabah. It happens to be the habitat for Proboscis monkey, Silver leaf monkey and fireflies. The tree-dwelling Proboscis monkey re often spotted post-sunset on treetops making merry.
It attracts thousands of tourist every year who equally enjoy the Klias River Cruise Sabah. Little speed boats cruising across the river Klias spotting monkeys on trees and river banks.
Nights are also enjoyed by watching the nocturnal animals and witnessing fireflies transforming the place into magic. The lush mangrove forest makes for a charming backdrop with serene river water flowing ceaselessly.
Klias River Cruise & Fireflies Safari Itinerary :
2:00pm hotel pick up to Kota Klias
4:00pm arrive at the jetty, coffee/ tea and cakes will be served
4:45pm board for river cruise
5:00pm search the odds nosed monkeys Borneo - the Proboscis Monkeys
6:00pm return journey to the jetty, enjoy the view of sunset in the boat
6:30pm arrive at jetty for hearty dinner overlooking the Klias River
7:00pm enjoy another boat trip to witness the fireflies
7:30pm depart for Kota Kinabalu
9:30pm hotel drop off
Hotel Pick Up Location:
Kota Kinabalu area: 2:00pm
1Borneo, Nexis Karambunai, Rasa Ria Resort, Shangri-la Tanjung Aru Resort: 2:30pm (surcharge of MYR35 per person, payable directly to the operator)
The operator will contact you to confirm about the final pick up details before the day of the tour
Please arrive at your hotel lobby 10 minutes before your scheduled pick up time. For no shows and late arrivals, rescheduling and refund requests will not be entertained
As this is a shared transfer, please be patient in cases of unforeseen delays along the pick up route
- Kota Kinabalu
- Start your trip from Jesselton Point jetty at around 9 AM and proceed to the Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park for the activity.
- Make a visit to the Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park for an enthralling sight of five islands which are spreading at a distance of 3-5 kilometers from Kota Kinabalu.
- You may enjoy the local flavours in the island and involve in the water sports too to get rejuvenated.
- Fifteen minutes long fly fish ride in your swim suit will take you to another world of thrill and excitement.
- Imagine you are riding with the best swimmers of the world; different types of fish in the sea.
- The extra time you get will definitely take you to the local shops and restaurants around.
- End your amazing flying fish trip at around 2 PM and head back to Kota Kinabalu.
- Kota Kinabalu
- Get into the group for a visit to the Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park that comprises a group of 5 islands.
- Start your trip from the Jesselton Point jetty at around 9 AM and proceed to the Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park.
- The islands are located in a distance of 3 to 8 km off Kota Kinabalu in Sabah, Malaysia.
- The park offers you an alluring view of the islands and chances to play many water sports.
- Para sailing is really a thrilling adventure for you that makes you feel like flying.
- Capture the sight of birds flying around you with their wings opened and experience the amusement like never before.
- It is breathtaking for you while you look down at the deep sea that shows nothing but the green water on the surface.
- Never worry; parasailing with safe and reliable sailing equipment will guard you through out the sail.
- Enjoy shopping and taste some local delicacies in the island and have a glance at the extravagant lifestyle of the people.
- End your amazing para-sailing tour at around 2 PM and head back to Kota Kinabalu.
- Kota Kinabalu
About the Activity:
- Experience the thrill in this exciting 5 hours trip to The Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park that comprises a group of 5 islands.
- Start this exciting trip from Lot F6, Jesselton Point Ferry Terminal, Jalan Haji Saman and get transferred to the The Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park by a shared transport.
- Visit all the five islands which are located at a distance of 3 to 8 km from Kota Kinabalu in Sabah, Malaysia.
- Get enthralled with the scenes in the park which is an ideal location to spend your mornings and do water sports.
- Be ready for the exhilarating dives into the amazing marine world without any training.
- Satiate your appetite for adventure with the sea walking experience offered for thirty minutes with all the walking equipment.
- Explore the extraordinary collection of coral reefs and plants and of course seasonal fish in the sea.
- End this amazing trip after 5 hours.
- Kota Kinabalu
- Indulge in this exciting 5 hours trip at The Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park and get a chace to witness the stunning beauty of this region.
- Start you trip from the Lot F6, Jesselton Point Ferry Terminal, Jalan Haji Saman Kota Kinabalu and get transferred to the Tunku Abdul Rahman Park in a shared boat.
- At 9.00 AM begin this adventurous day, get a chance for island hopping in the 5 islands located at a distance of 3-8 kms off Kota Kinabalu.
- Get amused with the scenery in the park, walk around, have a nice time with the nature around and grab good memories of a day well spent.
- Show up the enthusiastic adventurer in you by involving in some amazing water sports.
- Spend 30 minutes underwater for Scuba doo on underwater scooter and witness the marine life or bubbles spread around.
- End this enthralling trip at 2.00 PM feeling refreshed.
- Kota Kinabalu
- Get enthused with fishing in the sea and take the chance to know the world of fish in depth.
- Your activity begins at around 9:00 AM from Jesselton Point Ferry Terminal, from here you will be transferred in the middle of the sea via boat.
- See the wide sea in front of you while taking a short and splendid ride on the boat.
- You will be taken out to the fishing lines and you will get all the fishing equipment and it would be a hands on training for you on fishing.
- Grab the opportunity to see the technicalities in fishing such as echo sounder used to detect different types of fish.
- Enjoy the simple but delicious packed lunch on the boat itself.
- At around 1:00 PM, bid adieu to the azure sea and reach the Ferry Terminal via boat.
- Kota Kinabalu
- Invoke in this exciting jet skiing in Tunku Abdul Rahman Park at Kota Kinabalu, Sabah and experience the thrill in the crystal clear water.
- Start this trip after meeting at the Sunny Reef dive shop at 09.00 AM, and get ready for this marvelous activity that enables you to relish the real taste of Malaysia.
- Enjoy riding a motorized ski on sea surface for 30 minutes and explore the stunning blue waters while indulging in this exciting water sport.
- Feel that adrenaline rush as you indulge in this water-sport.
- End this fun filled activity with lots of memories.