Enjoy The View From The Shard
- The Shard is the tallest skyscraper in the UK, which looks like a shard of glass and is located on the side of the Thames river.
- It is located near significant landmarks, including the Clink Museum, Southwark Cathedral, and Borough Market.
- It is the highest viewing platform in London. The Tower of London can also be spotted from here. It is among the best things to do in London in November.
- On the observation deck of the 72nd floor, you can feel the breeze of the air.
Location:32 London Bridge St, London SE1 9SG, United Kingdom
Visit Westminster Abbey
- It is a world UNESCO Heritage site and among the popular historic landmarks of London city.
- It is a gothic church that is well known for organizing headline-grabbing events such as events of the British Royal Family, the Queen’s coronation, Kate Middleton’s and Prince William's wedding, Princess Diana’s funeral, etc.
- Visiting Westminster Abbey is one of the popular activities in London in November.
- It is ideal if you want a peaceful retreat from everyday life in the city of London. Worships are held here every day of the year.
Location:20 Deans Yd, London SW1P 3PA, United Kingdom
Take The Thames Hop On Hop Off River Cruise
- One of the best things to do in London in November is the river cruise on the Thames river.
- You can enjoy an entertaining as well as memorable day out on the cruise.
- Grab a snack and drink when you step up on the upper deck of the cruise and enjoy the panoramic views and splendid sights of the city from the river.
- Get seasonal retreats from the stocked bar and sit back to relax in the fresh air. It is a day hop-on hop-off access to the river Thames for 24 hours.
- Significant landmarks such as Tower Bridge, Shakespeare's Glode, Tower of London, Tate Modern, Big Ben, House of Parliament, etc., can be seen on the cruise.
Location: Westminster Pier, London Eye Pier, Tower Pier, and Greenwich Pier
Ride At The London Eye
- 360 views of London are a must-see if you ever visit London. The London Eye is the world's tallest observation wheel.
- It is one of the best things to do in London in November. The London eye is popular for its architecture.
- Some of the most iconic and significant landmarks can be seen while riding the London eye, including Buckingham Palace, the Houses of Parliament, and Big Ben. It is the perfect way to connect with London city.
Location: Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road
Take A Tour At Warner Bros Studio
- Warner Bros Studio, the best place for iconic and authentic sets with the magic place behind the special effects and secret scenes, is one of the popular things to do in London in November.
- Discover the special effects behind the harry potter series, including the sets of Forbidden Forest, Hogwarts Great Hall, Diagon Alley, etc.
- Tour of the Warner Bros Studios shows you the best British talent, artistry, and imagination, which made it impossible to possible to turn into reality on the screen.
Location: Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden, Watford in southwest Herfordshire, London
Visit Kew Gardens
- AKew garden is the largest UNESCO world heritage site in London. It is an ideal place for escape from the daily bustle of life.
- You can find a diverse collection of plants in the world in this garden.
- Explore the beautiful glasshouses, palm houses, and rainforests. You can explore the 10 climatic zones in this garden.
- It also has a waterlily house which has amazing giant lily pads.
- Visit the 18 m high treetop walkway, which offers you a bird's eye view of this garden. You can also enjoy the refreshments at cafes in the garden. It is located near central London and can be visited from 10.00 am to 7.00 pm.
Location: Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, London, UK
Take The London Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour
- One of the best ways to enjoy the major sightseeing landmarks in the city of London is through a bus tour.
- Get introduced to the city in the best way and have the best opportunities for photography.
- You can either go for a day or night bus tour and even the both. The different routes of hop on hop off bus tour stops at all the best landmarks as well as the attraction of the London.
- Have an adventure on the bus and enjoy the commentary of bus tour guides. Enjoy the non-stop sightseeing in London and see the city as you have never seen it before.
Location: London, UK
Stroll Around Hyde Park
- One of the most phenomenal royal parks in the centre of London city, Hyde Park offers many activities for visitors.
- These activities include walking, jogging, skating, horse riding, swimming, tennis, bating, etc. Surrounded by varieties of flowers and trees, it also has a glittering lake. Many amazing monuments, buildings, memorials, a bird sanctuary, statues, fountains, etc., can be witnessed in this park.
- It is a paradise for bird watchers as well as wildlife photographers as it has a variety of insects and birds.
- Delicious refreshments from the bars, cafe joints, and beverage shops can be tasted here.
Location: London, England
London Weather in November
Visiting London in November is a great time due to the mild cold weather and onset of the Christmas celebrations. The weather during the beginning of the month is cooling making it an ideal for doing sightseeing and enjoying other fun activities during the day time.
Visitors should, however, be prepared for an occasional shower of rain and should carry raincoats and umbrellas for protection. During these rainy bouts, visitors can enjoy indoor activities such as catching a show at one of the West End Theaters, or attend one of the shows of the Jazz festival or have fun at one of the Disney Ice Shows.
The second part of the month is usually the beginning of the winter season with chilly mornings and daytime becoming shorter making this suitable for more nightlife activities. With Christmas around the corner, a stroll in the christmas markets, participating in the christmas lighting ceremony or just getting mesmerised by the beautiful christmas lighting decorations all over the city can be very enjoyable. Visitors travelling during this time should be well clothed with woollens to keep warm. If they are lucky, visitors may get lucky enough to view some snowfall as well.
Click Here To Book: St. Cathedral Tickets
Recommended Read: Things To Do In London
What to Pack for London in November
When packing for London in November, plan your dresses and shoes based on your planned activities. Some essentials for a November travel to London would include a raincoat for daytime sightseeing during drizzles, an umbrella, one woolly scarf to keep you warm and a hat to protect your head from the sun rays. Women should pack leggings, jeans, and trousers to keep their legs warm and long sleeves pull over to cover the upper part.
London’s changeable weather suggests a layering of clothes. When not quite cold, a jumper, a medium weight waterproof jacket, a coat or a cardigan should be comfortable. During cold weather, additional winter attire such as thermals and long coats are recommended.
The shoes recommended are waterproof leather boots or canvas sneakers for sightseeing.
Checkout & Book: Warner Bros Studio
Suggested Read: Places To Visit In London
Things to do in London in November
Watch a Show at West End Theatre
Watching a show in the West End Theaters is one of the Things to do in London in November. West End of London is known for being “Theatreland” for housing 40 major theatres of London. The 1st theatre to open in this area was Theatre Royal Drury Lane. All these theatres stage musicals, family shows, entertainment shows, classic and modern straight plays, and comedy performances.
Prominent theatre streets include Drury Lane, Shaftesbury Avenue, and the Strand.
The price varies as per shows.
Different shows have different timings.
Click Here To Book: Tower Of London Tickets
Do Read: Things To Do In Central London
Go to the Natural History Museum for Ice Skating
Ice Skating in winter makes the National History Museum one of the Places to visit in London in November. As London’s most spectacular winter attraction, both the main and the kid’s ice rinks, with the backdrop of the museum, are spectacular and enjoyable for both adults and children indulging in skating activities. Adding to its charm is the traditional carousel next to it.
The Natural History Museum Cromwell Road, London.
Entry to Museum is free.
-The museum is open daily from 10 am to 5:50 pm, Last entry at 5:30 pm.
-Closed from 24th to 26th December.
Also Book: Amsterdam Hop On Hop Off Bus & Boat Tour
Stroll at the Christmas Markets
Some of the best markets are Leicester Square Christmas market, Christmas at Flat Iron Square, Kingston Christmas market, Winter Wonderland, Hyde Park Christmas by the River, and Bankside Christmas at Camden Market.
Checkout & Book: Buckingham Palace Tickets
Recommended Read: Things To Do In London With Kids
Witness the Lord Mayor's Show
The Lord Mayor’s Show, 805 years old show, is an enjoyable civic parade that combines the medieval ritual with the modern dynamism. In this parade, over 6000 people participate as marching bands, military detachments, dancing troupes with lots of ceremonial displays. Every year, the procession is different and creates a spectacle that is known to the world while.
The show is held on 14th November every year. Visitors can watch this spectacular procession by being present in one of the streets which falls in the route of the procession. They can also opt to purchase grandstand seat tickets which are released around early July every year for the November show.
The procession goes from Mansion House to the Royal Courts via St Pauls. In the afternoon, it comes back from Royal Court via Embankment and Victoria Street.
40 pounds per person.
The show involves two processions at 11 am and 1.15 pm, Guided Walk at 3 pm and the Show Zone is open for the whole day.
Best Offers: Harry Potter Studio Tour London
Suggested Read: Things To Do In Victoria London
Christmas lights in the Westend
With Christmas in a month's time, London in November sees the special occassion of the lighting festival of the Christmas lights in the Westend. Visitors are enchanted to participate in the festival of switch-on of the Christmas Lights for Chritsmas.
The West End Christmas Lights switch-on festival is held on the 1st December with entertainment from Midday. Visitors can watch entertainment shows, purchase gifts and crafts from stalls and enjoy local food and drink from stalls and then gather at Vinicombe Street during the big switch-on that takes place at 5:30 pm.
Vinicombe Street, Ashton Lane, Cresswell Lane, and Ruthven Lane.
No ticket to join the celebration.
The celebration starts at 12 pm and continues till 6 pm. The switch happens at 5:30 pm.
Do Read: Things To Do In Shoreditch
Have fun at Disney On Ice
Disney on Ice, originally known as Walt Disney’s World on Ice is a series of touring Ice Shows with figure skaters featuring different Disney characters. One of the must things to do in London in November is to attend one of their shows. Watching favourite disney characters, with whom everyone is acquainted from childhood, perform shows can be enlivening for not only the kids but also the adult visitors.
Location: Budweiser Gardens, Dundas Street, London.
Price: Varies from show to show.
Timing: Varies from show to show.
Check This: Things To Do In Kings Cross
Have fun at the London Jazz Festival
One of the Things to do in London in November is to attend the EFG London Jazz Festival, a music festival held every November for 10 days. The festival is renowned for showcasing a heterogeneous mixture of both new and old talented musicians from all over the world. It is a real treat for those music lovers. Visitors, with an ear for music, will find this festival to be a great fortune as they will get the opportunity to listen to various kinds of music from all over the world.
The festival takes place in various London venues such as the Royal Festival Hall, King’s Place, Queen Elizabeth Hall, Wigmore Hall, and many other theatres.
The price varies as per shows.
Different shows have different timings.
Recommended Read: Things To Do Near Tower Of London
Escape To A Twinkling Winter Island
- A twinkling winder island in London is the perfect place to enjoy movie nights and fairy lights. This magic island offers a ton of things to enjoy in the winter season in the city of London.
- It opens on the 5th of November. The Mayfield food hall will offer the best food that you can out. In the city, you can experience the traditional style of Christmas market, live entertainment, cabaret shows, DJs, live music, Untold Orchestra, etc.
- The most wonderful time of the year can be spent on this twinkling winter island.
- If you love stand-up comedy, it can be experienced every Tuesday on this island.
Location: Hyde Park, London W2 2UH England
Watch Fireworks Displayed All Over The City
- The best places to enjoy a fireworks display in the city of London include Wimbledon Park, Modern Park, Alexandra Palace, Chiswick Park, Battersea Park, and Barness sports club.
- You can enjoy the whole evening in fun with seasonal drinks as well as food while enjoying the fireworks.
- They are organized every year. With fireworks, there are plenty of activities for people of every age to enjoy.
- Enjoy spectacular light, and fire shows in the city of London. If you have never experienced a perfect colourful firework display in your life, then it is a must to do activity in the London city.
Location: Victoria Embankment, South Bank and River Thames
Attend Candlelight Concerts
- Experience a host of concerts illuminated by candlelight and performed by popular live musicians.
- Prepare yourself so that you can be taken in the clouds with some of the most treasured masterpieces.
- They are located in the best concert venues in London city. It is a unique event that you must attend when you visit London.
- Hear the music from some of the greatest artists and composers surrounded by the glow of candlelights.
- You can enjoy such concerts at Freemasons’ Hall, Central Hall Westminster, Butcher’s Hall, Southwark Cathedral, etc.
Location: Bedford Street, London, United Kingdom, WC2E 9ED