Seeing The Duomo At Night
- Unlock the secrets of Florence’s famous Duomo, one of the most marvelous things to do in Florence at night.
- Admire the magnificent cathedral on the Piazza Duomo, which is known for its glistening green and white marble.
- Discover the interesting background of the architectural masterpiece designed by Brunelleschi in the 15th century and the symbol of the Renaissance city.
- Climb the dome to its highest point for breathtaking panoramas of Florence below.
Location: Piazza del Duomo, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Adults: € 18
Planning A Trip To Florence, Checkout & Book Florence Tour Packages Now!
Take In An Exhibition At Palazzo Strozzi
- To know more about the rich art history of Florence, visit Palazzo Strozzi, One of Florence's finest Renaissance buildings constructed in the 15th century.
- Be awed by the various exhibition at the Palazzo which host some of the city’s most eminent shows
- View a variety of shows in a setting that combines history and modern programming, including critically praised historical surveys of old masterpieces and exhibitions featuring prominent contemporary artists.
Location: Piazza degli Strozzi, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Timings: Open every day from 10 am to 8 pm except Thursday. On Thursday open from 10 am to 11 pm
Click Here To Book: Strozzi Palace Tickets
Check This Out: Day Trips From Rome
Visit Boboli Gardens
- Tour the Royal Boboli Gardens in Florence, located behind the Pitti palace and learn about the history of the 16th-century gardens.
- Stroll through the trees, fountains and terraces of the garden as well as admire the antique Renaissance statues inside.
- More like an open-air museum, you will be able to see some important historic structures in the gardens such as the Pitti palace and the Amphitheatre.
Location: Piazza de' Pitti, 1, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Checkout & Book: Boboli Garden Tickets
Also Read: Rome Nightlife
Walk Up To Piazzale Michelangelo
- One of the top things to do in Florence at night is climbing up to Piazzale Michelangelo at sunset.
- When the sun is setting, visit the Piazzale Michelangelo to enjoy the stunning panorama of the city.
- You can even travel a little farther up the hill to San Miniato al Monte to take in the equally stunning scenery there in peace.
- Enjoy the tranquil ambience while listening to the monks say the evening prayers.
Location: Piazzale Michelangelo, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Sunday 3 pm-7 pm
Suggested Read: Things To Do In Florence With Kids
Stroll Across The Ponte Vecchio
- One of the best things to do in Florence at night is taking a calm walk across the Ponte Vecchio, the oldest bridge in Florence dating back to the 14th century.
- Visit Florence's famous Ponte Vecchio to shop at the gold shops on the bridge and see the goods on display.
- Be mesmerized by the beautiful scene at night when the jewelry stores and the old-style wooden doors close.
- Hear the beautiful melody of a musician or a band that frequently performs there.
Location: Ponte Vecchio, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Check This Out: Florence In January
Relax At Piazza Signoria
- Another magnificent place to visit in Florence at night is going to the Piazza Signoria, located right opposite to the Uffizi gallery.
- Wander and relax at the Piazza Signoria which holds an outdoor exhibition of Renaissance statues.
- Delight in the atmosphere here and enjoy a scoop of gelato while sitting in this incredible place.
Location: P.za della Signoria, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Know More: Castles In Florence
Take A Walk Along The Arno River
- Be it winters or summers, one of the best things to do in Florence at night is walking along the banks of the enchanting Arno river in the evening.
- See beautiful views of Florence with the sunset in the backdrop when you visit the place during sunset
- You can even cycle around the paths of the river, a wonderful way to spend some time in the outdoors
- Run or walk along the roads On the Oltrarno, located at the opposite bank of the Arno from the ancient district with the Duomo,
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the palazzi along the river and the Duomo from the Lungarni, the streets that follow the Arno.
Location: Arno River, Tuscany, Italy
Read More: Rome Walking Tour
Explore City On An Evening River Cruise
- Among the most unique things to do in Florence at night is to go on a spectacular evening river cruise to explore the city from a different perspective.
- Cruise along the Arno river for a peaceful end to your day in the magical city
- When boating, have a tasty aperitivo while learning the ancient secrets of the river from a knowledgeable guide.
- Savor your time during dusk By boarding a historic barchetto and taking a relaxing gondola ride
Location: Across the Arno river in Tuscany, Italy
Learn About Florence’s Darker Legends On A Walking Tour
- See the hidden side of Florence at night, as you hear stories of wandering ghosts, murders and betrayals on a walking tour of Florence’s darker legends.
- Learn more about Monster of Florence, regarded as one of the most murderous serial killers in history
- Walk around numerous locations in Florence while listening to informative and entertaining stories from your guide
- You will get to hear about the history of the city and stories that you would not find in any textbook or guide
Location: Multiple locations such as Piazza San Marco, Piazza Della Santissima Annunziata, Via dei Servi and more
Recommended Read: Places To Visit In Florence In 1 Day
Take A Moonlight Stroll Through The Historic Center
- One of the most amazing things to do in Florence at night is taking a peaceful moonlight stroll across the historic center
- Stroll across the landmark center which comprises of locations like the Piazza Del Duomo, Piazza Santa Croce, Piazza Santa Spirito, Piazza Della Signoria, and the Ponte Vecchio
- End your night with a candlelit dinner at one of the many charming late-night restaurants in the vicinity.
Location: Historic Center, Tuscany, Florence, Italy
Know More: Water Parks In Florence