Explore Pitti Palace
- Include a visit to Palazzo Pitti in your list of activities to do in Florence this weekend.
- Belonging to the Renaissance period, Palazzo Pitti is currently the largest museum in Florence.
- Enter the museum and walk into the various galleries and museums housed inside the building.
- Observe the displays in the Gallery of Modern Art and the Palatine Gallery.
- Walk into the Silver Museum which was the treasury of the Grand Dukes and then stroll into the Royal Apartments before heading towards the Museum of Costume and Fashion.
Location:Piazza de' Pitti, 1, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Click Here To Book: Pitti Palace Tickets
Planning A Trip To Florence, Checkout & Book Florence Tour Packages Now!
Visit Uffizi Gallery
- Visit Uffizi Gallery, the most visited museum in Italy, while spending your weekend in Florence.
- Admire some of the best artwork collections dating back from ancient to the middle age and consisting of paintings, sculptures and more.
- Stroll across the gallery to watch some notable works such as Cimabue's Madonna Enthroned, Boticelli's Birth of Venus, Botticelli's Birth of Venus, Caravaggio's Medusa, Titian's Flora and Michelangelo's Holy Family.
Location: Piazzale degli Uffizi, 6, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Adults: € 105;
Children between 4 to 12: Discounted rate.
Checkout & Book: Uffizi Gallery Tickets
Recommended Read: Things To Do In Florence
Admire Florence Cathedral
- Florence Cathedral, also known as The Duomo or the Santa Maria del Fiore, is the fourth largest cathedral in Europe.
- Visit the cathedral and feel awe-struck looking at the neo-Gothic marble façade that has been built with the image of the reliefs on Giotto's Campanile.
- Look out for the highlights of the cathedral such as the marble floor of Baccio d'Agnolo, Michelino's famous painting portraying Dante explaining his La Divina Commedia, and three apses, crowned with copies of Brunelleschi's dome, and containing five beautiful chapels.
Location: Piazza del Duomo, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Also Read: Places To Visit In Rome
Explore Boboli Gardens
- Exploring the Boboli Gardens is one of the most enjoyable things to do in Florence this weekend.
- Enjoy the beauty of the garden which is located in the backyard of the Pitti Palace.
- Appreciate the plethora of sculptures at the largest open-air museum in Florence
- Take a stroll on the winding paths of the Upper Botanical Garden and the Viale dei Cipressi and stop to admire the fountains.
- Wander to the top of the garden to see a breathtaking view of the city.
Location: Piazza de' Pitti, 1, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Click Here To Book: Boboli Garden Tickets
Check This Out: Things To Do In Rome
Stop By Accademia Gallery
- One of the must-do activities to do in Florence this weekend is to visit the Accademia Gallery.
- The gallery is well-known for Michaelangelo's spectacular marble sculpture, David.
- Explore the gallery to admire the famous status along with other unfinished works of the great artist.
- Admire masterpieces by some famous artists such as Ghirlandaio, Pontormo and Botticelli.
Location: Via Ricasoli, 58, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Children 4 - 12 years: 30% disc.;
Adults: € 49
Checkout Best Offers On: Accademia Gallery Tickets
Know More: Rome Monuments
Take The Arno River Cruise
- Feel thrilled as you embark on a mini cruise on the Arno River aboard a vintage Barchetta which is a Florence Gondola-style traditional boat.
- One of the must things to do in Florence this weekend, the cruise will take you on a 50-minute relaxing journey.
- Sip in a Cool Wine Aperitivo and enjoy the cruise as you ride beneath the Ponte Vecchio, and pass the star attractions of the city such as Uffizi Gallery, Palazzo Corsini and Santa Trinita Bridge.
Location: Arno River, Tuscany, Florence
Children 4 - 12 years: Discounted Rate;
Adults: € 55
Check This Out: Churches In Rome
Walk Around The Ponte Vecchio
- If you are looking for things to do in Florence this weekend, you can opt for an enjoyable walk around Ponte Vecchio.
- Ponte Vecchio is an old bridge made of stone which is used for crossing River Arno at the narrowest point.
- During your walk, take a look at the jewellery shops to admire their wares and purchase for yourself or your loved one.
- Learn about the Vasari Corridor which runs below the jewellery shops and connects Palazzo Vecchio and Palazzo Pitti.
Location:Ponte Vecchio, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Recommended Read: Things To Do In Florence With Kids
Pay A Visit At Cappella Brancacci
- Pay a visit to the 15th-century Cappella Brancacci, often referred to as 'the Sistine of the early Renaissance and located in Santa Maria del Carmine.
- Explore the Capella which is part of the main church and is known for its stunning Masaccio frescoes containing the Stories of St. Peter.
- Opt for a guided tour to know more about the Capella
Location: Piazza del Carmine, 14, 50124 Firenze FI, Italy
Suggested Read: Florence In November
Witness Beautiful Views Through Piazzale Michelangelo
- If you want to enjoy the best view of the city of Florence, you must include a visit to Piazzale Michelangelo in your list of things to do in Florence this weekend.
- Piazzale Michelangelo is a 19th-century terrace that is perched atop a hill, and overlooks the city of Florence.
- Hike up to the terrace and be rewarded with a spectacular view of the city, especially if you are visiting at sunset.
- Check out the near-perfect bronze copies of Michelangelo’s David, which can be found in the Florence Art Gallery at the Piazza.
Location: Piazzale Michelangelo, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Also Read: Things To Do In Florence At Night
Pray At Siena Cathedral
- While spending your weekend in Florence, visit the Siena Cathedral, a stunning structure located in the Tuscan countryside
- Walk into the place and appreciate the artistic treasures by Renaissance artists such as Donatello, Michelangelo, and Bernini
- Look into the Piccolomini Library to observe the marble-inlay floor as well as the frescoes by Pinturicchio.
- Head towards the Museo dell opera to take a look at Italian art such as Duccio di Buoninsegna's Maestà and others.
- Climb to the top of the cathedral to get a spectacular view of the Tuscan countryside
Location: Piazza del Duomo, 8, 53100 Siena SI, Italy
Do Read: Day Trips From Florence