Visit the Nemo Museum
- Exploring this one of a kind child friendly science museum is one of the best things to do in Amsterdam with kids.
- Delight by trying the hands-on experiences offered here which allows kids to learn about shapes, light, sound, water, humankind, and more.
- Captivate the imagination of children of all ages by the buttons, levers and pulleys as well as the bubbles into which they can step and watch the formation of clouds that bring rain.
Location: Oosterdok 2, 1011 VX Amsterdam, Netherlands
Timing: 10 AM – 5:30 PM (Tuesday to Sunday)
Also Checkout: Amsterdam Nightlife
Book Now: Nemo Science Museum Ticket
See the animals at Artis Zoo
- Visit this historic Artis Zoo located right in the heart of the city if you are wondering what to do with kids in Amsterdam.
- Watch your young ones get excited in the child-friendly interiors of this massive park that comprise a huge aquarium, and several other natural habitats for different animals.
- Get enchanted by the monkey house or the butterfly area where the magnificent creatures can roam about freely.
Also Checkout: Museums In Amsterdam
Book Now: ARTIS Amsterdam Royal Zoo Entry Ticket
- Bus- 9:30 AM - 5:15 PM
- Frequency: Every 20 minutes
- Boat- 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Frequency: Every 30 minutes
Duration: Duration depends on your itinerary.
About the Hop On Hop Off Amsterdam Boat and Bus Pass:
Explore the prominent landmarks of Amsterdam by opting for this package. Take a tour of this beautiful city at your own pace by hopping on and off a boat and bus. An opportunity for you to customize this whole trip according to your convenience and visit only those attractions that you want to explore.
Amsterdam Canal Cruise Location: Prins Hendrikkade 25, 1012 TM Amsterdam, Netherlands
Operational Timings: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM (Monday - Sunday)
Activity Duration: 1 Hour (Approx.)
About the Amsterdam Canal Cruise:
The Amsterdam canal cruise comes with an amazing 1-hour cruising experience through the pristine waters of Amsterdam. Witness the grand merchant houses, churches, and other notable landmarks as you pass under the beautiful bridges that are located on the waterways. Get a chance to sail across the most prominent canals in Amsterdam, including Herengracht, Keizersgracht, and Prinsengracht. Plus, you get a multi-lingual GPS audio guide to help you get important information about the landmarks in your preferred language.
Timing: 11:00 AM
Activity Duration: 1.5 hours (approx.)
Location: Meeuwenlaan 88, 1021 JK Amsterdam, Netherlands
About The Art of Play WONDR Experience, Amsterdam:
Unleash your inner child by having a fun time with your friends in Amsterdam's first-ever artistic playground which is made especially for adults. Play here as much as you want for straight 1.5 hours and enter into different sections of the attraction. Stay surrounded by the soft yet attractive interior colors and make this an unforgettable experience at the art of play WONDR experience.
Rijksmuseum Location: Rijksmuseum, Museumstraat 1, 1071 XX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Rijksmuseum Operational Timings: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Note: The Rijksmuseum Gardens, Rijks Shop, and Café are also open to visitors without a ticket from 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Duration: 4-5 Hours
About Rijksmuseum Tickets:
Explore one of Amsterdam's most visited destinations, the Rijksmuseum, where you can see a collection of artworks famous all around the globe. Walk through different sections of the museum to see the iconic paintings by well-known artists like Rembrandt, Vermeer, Frans Hals, and Jan Steen. Stop by the one-of-a-kind painting that bursts its artist Van Gogh into tears watching it displayed at the museum 'The Jewish Brid'. By booking the Rijksmuseum Amsterdam tickets see the best some of the ancient sculptures and artworks like still-life paintings, biblical themes, portraits, and more.
Van Gogh Museum Location: Museumplein 6, 1071 DJ Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Monday to Friday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Activity Duration: 2 hours (approx)
About Van Gogh Museum:
Book Van Gogh Museum ticket which gives you hassle-free entry inside and check out Amsterdam's most famous place with ease. Get to know Vincent Van Gogh's artworks in-depth through his amazing artistry, which is a symbol of his hopes, emotions, passion, and dreams. You will also be seeing mystic paintings including Sunflowers, Almond Blossom, and his most recognizable Self Portrait among many others.
Discover The Keukenhof Tulips
- Exult in the mesmerizing sights of millions of tulips stretched out in several rows at one of the most popular places to see these delicate flowers in the city.
- Watching your little ones’ eyes light up at the sight of the gorgeous bulbs in every imaginable hue is one of the best things to do in Amsterdam with kids.
- Interact with the hundreds of flower gardeners who come here to exhibit their works of art and learn about the different ways in which these beautiful flowers are grown.
Timing: 8 AM – 7:30 PM
Also Checkout: Things To Do In Amsterdam
Book Now: Keukenhof Tickets with Bus Transfers
Activity Location: Europalaan 1, 5171 KW Kaatsheuvel, Netherlands
Activty Timings: 11:00am-6:00pm, daily
Activty Duration: 8 Hours (approx)
About the Efteling Park:
The largest Theme Park in the Netherlands, the Efteling Theme Park in Amsterdam is a magical world with engaging stories and thrilling rides. A fairy tale world where you can have a great time with your family, and especially kids with efteling park tickets. Kids love this place as it takes them near to those TV characters with joy and excitement.
Efteling Park is a place where the kids and even the adults embark on a journey with Jokie and Jet in the Carnaval Festival and the daredevils explore the gold mine of Baron 1898 at 90 km/h. You can also glide through the secret corridors and magical rooms of Symbolica.With sparkling lights, icy entertainment, and warming bonfires, this is an unmissable destination on your visit to the Netherlands.
Tour Anne Frank House
- Taking your kids for a tour of the Anne Frank House, especially if they are interested in the history, is definitely among the top things to do with kids in Amsterdam.
- Walk through the hallways and rooms of this tragic site with your kids if they are 10 years or older and let them know about the horrors of WWII.
- Learn about the secret annex where the Frank family kept themselves hidden for 2 years from the atrocities of the Nazi Germans.
- Go through photographs, original items, and film clips that are well preserved here to get a deep insight about its history.
Timings: 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Also Checkout: Places To Visit In Amsterdam
Book Now: Anne Frank House Museum Tickets
Spend Evening at Nine Streets
- Go exploring the picturesque nine streets in the area between the Singel, and Prinsengracht, if you are thinking what to do with kids in Amsterdam.
- Delight in the intimate shopping areas on the beautiful streets that connect the canals with the house galleries, unique boutiques, and stylish cafés.
- Check out the several clothing stores, places to eat, and gift shops, to buy unique gifts and other souvenirs for your family and friends.
- Enjoy serene sights of Amsterdam’s 17th century architecture and Canal Belt which is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Location: Wolvenstraat 9, 1016 EM Amsterdam
Also Checkout: Amsterdam Walking Tour
- Spend a fun-filled day at the city’s largest park that comes with several exciting features and is among the best things to do in Amsterdam with kids.
- Go along the walking or biking paths, outdoor amphitheaters, cafes, and playgrounds that are very popular among kids of all ages.
- Headout for a picnic and spend a carefree afternoon in the shade of the trees as you watch your little ones enjoy themselves in the wide open spaces of the conveniently located park.
Location: Located in central Amsterdam
Timings: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Also Book: Body Worlds Tickets
Take A Ride On The Amstelpark Train
- Explore this child-friendly park which features a fun summer train that is certainly among the most exciting things to do with kids in Amsterdam.
- Wind your way through the massive park across playgrounds as well as a little petting farm, a great maze, mini golf, and secret gardens.
- Once you complete the joyful 15-minute train ride, take your children to check out the other interesting aspects of the park such as the play area, hedge maze, and children’s farm.
Timings: 1:00 pm – 2:00 PM
Book Now: Straat Museum Tickets
Nxt Museum Location: Asterweg 22, 1031 HP Amsterdam, Netherlands
Operational Timings: 10:15 AM - 9:45 PM
Activity Duration: 1 Hour 30 Minutes (Approx.)
About Nxt Digital Art Museum Ticket, Amsterdam:
Get the Nxt Digital Art Museum Tickets Amsterdam and enter a world of futuristic art. Explore the 8 immersive art installations and delve into a world filled with light, movement, marvel, and interaction. You can look at the art developed by Dutch and international new media artists, observe masterpieces that go beyond technical possibilities and applications, move beyond the bounds of form and inspire movement (physical, mental, or emotional).
Play at Oosterpark
- Head to this park located on the eastern end of the city that boasts large green spaces and is also much less crowded than the other parks here.
- Get the thrill of venturing through the undulating obstacle course that has been designed like a massive roller coaster.
- Let your kids have a wonderful time in the massive playground as they try different tire swings and fun slides, all of which are among the best things to do in Amsterdam with kids.
Timings: 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Book Now: Amaze Amsterdam