Holden Farm Camping, Hampshire
- A peaceful place for camping near London, the Holden Farm Camping is right near vibrant and lively meadows.
- Pitch your tent amidst the beautiful landscape of a 700 acre farm, and enjoy the free space to indulge in some slow walks, or letting your pawed friends roam free.
- Roast marshmallows, share stories and get to know your camp neighbours at the fire pit in the evening.
- Guests can also head out to Flower Pots pub in Cheriton or to explore the market town New Alresford.
- Indulge in small activities and games with your partner or friends as you will have plenty of space near your tent.
Location: Cheriton, Nr Alresford, Hampshire
Also Read: Things To Do In London For Teens
Eco Camp UK at Wild Boar Wood, West Sussex
- While there are plenty of campsites near London, claiming to be a secret getaway in nature, Eco Camp is one of the few places for camping near London that actually fulfil the promises.
- Guests will get the location after booking, and they are not supposed to bring their own tents either.
- Enjoy going off the grid, away from all the city luxuries as you stay in a bell tent cooking on an open fire yourself.
- Explore the lush green landscapes of the Bluebell wood and also get a chance to witness the steam trains that cross Bluebell Railway.
Location: Near High Weald Dairy - exact location subject to booking
Recommended Read: Museums Near London Bridge
The Secret Campsite, East Sussex
- Contrary to the name, The Secret Campsite in East Sussex is a not so hidden spot for camping near London
- Visitors to this camp near London have the perfect chance to explore the beautiful town of Lewes and enjoy the coastal drama of Brighton.
- Stroll around the campus woodlands and you might see deers, sparrow hawks and glow worms in their natural habitat.
- The campsite also has two other options in addition to the pitch tent - a tree tent in the trees, and a tent/cabin hybrid built by engineers, available to visitors on extra payment.
Location: Brickyard Farm, Town Littleworth, Barcombe, East Sussex
The Orchard Campsite, Suffolk
- Set near the stunning coastline of Suffolk, The Orchard is a very private spot for camping near London.
- Enjoy sitting by the fire in the evening as you roast marshmallows, and you can even purchase the wood by the sack on site.
- Guests can indulge in fishing either in the campsite pond or in the river Deben, and the activity is free for them.
- Kids even get their own time around the campsite as they can play on various swings in the enclosed area.
- Guests also get access to the landscaped BBQ to cook dinner for themselves and their group.
Location: 28 Spring Lane, Wickham Market, Suffolk
Suggested Read: Hidden Things To Do In London
Lee Valley Campsite, Essex
- One of the best camping sites near London, Lee Valley does not take you entirely off the grid.
- Guests can still be connected to the outside world with free on site wifi, and the site is very near to London.
- Enjoy taking a stroll in the lush greenery of the surrounding or go biking for a while to relax and refresh.
- Explore the Lee Valley Park Farms, and guests might get to see bearded dragons, zeebu, and meerkats.
- Adventure junkies will love going to the White Water Centre, where they can enjoy some gnarly sports and feel the adrenaline rush.
Location: Sewardstone Road, Waltham Abbey, Chingford
Also Read: Things To Do Near Tower Of London
Little Ropers Woodland Camping, Suffolk
- Although the name sounds like a children's park, Little ropers woodland is one of the most amazing campsites near London.
- Get away from the city lanes and soak in the natural scenery as you stay secluded away from all kinds of comfort, in pitch tents only.
- Each pitch has its own separate fire pit, where guests can enjoy a bonfire, roast marshmallows or just lay around stargazing.
- Use the local and organic produce from the small on site shop to cook your BBQ dinners.
- Guests even get to enjoy Kayaking nearby on the river Stour or try archery at White Dragon Archery in the town.
Location: Assington Road, Bures, Suffolk
Read More: Best Things To Do In London In 2 Days
Barefoot Campsites, Oxfordshire
- Barefoot Campsites lets you enjoy time around the Thames without the bustling noise and crowd of London City.
- Guests can enjoy swimming in the Thames, something the city folks cannot do or think of.
- Other water activities that guests can enjoy is take a canoe ride in the pristine waters of Thames and go coarse fishing.
- Enjoy BBQ dinners and campfires with your friends/ family or greet and meet total strangers roasting marshmallows.
- Guests can stay in caravans, log pods in addition to pitch tents and need to make advance booking for the same.
Location: Northmoor Lock Paddocks, Badswell Lane, Appleton
Suggested Read: Things To Do In Victoria London
Chalke Valley Camping, Wiltshire
- Located just two hours away and set on a working farm, this is among the few spots for camping near London, that provide a homely experience.
- With a few basic facilities, guests enjoy their time in the middle of nature and off the grid - finding peace and relaxation.
- The Skylark is a beautiful setup to enjoy the outdoors in, as guests get their own BBQ arrangement.
- Roast marshmallows at the campfire and enjoy watching the star brighten up in the clear sky away from the city.
- They even offer Geodome stays, which come with a window specially for the stargazers.
Location: Woodminton Farm, Bowerchalke, Salisbury, Wiltshire
Recommended Read: Places In North West London
Plush Tents Glamping, Sussex
- Tucked away quietly in the South Downs Plush Tents Glamping is among those camping sites near London that blend adventure and luxury together.
- Go off grid in yurts that are nicer than most people's apartment and reconnect with yourself amidst nature.
- Guests get access to services like Hammocks and hot tubs on the site - in addition to their luxurious yurts.
- The site is near the sea, and therefore visitors can definitely indulge in some water activities or go swimming (near the shoreline).
- Guests can also go around exploring the city of Chichester, which is different from the bustling London City.
Location: Chapel Lane, East Ashling, Chichester, West Sussex
Recommended Read: Alton Tower Ride
The Fire Pit Camp, Norfolk
- The Fire Pit camp offers 15 tent pitches for camping near London and spending time away from city life.
- Guests travelling in a group can also book the Wrens Nest - a hazel bender tent that houses a maximum of 8 people at one time.
- Spend your time in yoga classes, hanging out at a double decker bus or enjoying coffee and cocktails at the warehouse.
- Late night gatherings around the fire pit will be a good way to spend time with friends or make new friends.
- From May to September only large groups can book the entire site on weekends.
Location: The Firs, Wendling, near Dereham, Norfolk
Suggested Read: Things To Do In Shoreditch
Alde Garden, Suffolk
- The Alde Garden is a small camp near London, which provides guests with plenty of options for stay.
- Choose from a bell tent, yurt, gypsy caravan, woodland hideout, or maybe even try the full blown country style living in the Badger Cottage.
- Enjoy being surrounded by plenty of green landscapes and woodlands, in addition to ducks and chickens at the camping site.
- Taste one of the best ales of your life at the Sweffling White Horse, on the grounds of which the campsite is.
- Take a relaxing day at the spa, or choose from biking and fishing around the site pond to spend your day.
Location: The White Horse Inn, Low Road, Sweffling, Suffolk
Do read: Romantic Places In London
Home Farm Camping and Caravan Park, Buckinghamshire
- Home Farm is more than just a camping site, as they provide you with an overall experience of camping in addition to the access to nearby tourist attractions.
- The highlight of the camping experience is the lush green hills and the Red Kites that guests might locate there.
- There's a local pub right next door where guests can go to grab a bite and enjoy a few drinks while still experiencing life in the countryside.
- Guests who book for glamping get their own BBQ and kadai fire pit to cook their dinner.
Location: City Road, Radnage, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Also Read: Things To Do In Chinatown London
Badgells Wood Camping, Kent
- The perfect spot for nature lovers who are looking to cam outside London, Badgells Wood is a firm believer in forest conservation.
- The place is almost entirely eco friendly and they urge their guests to do the same.
- The campsite has a general store which has all the essentials and so much more for the guests.
- Enjoy the delectable burger and fries from the onsite cafe - Woody's, which pays a lot of attention to the ingredients and how they are sourced.
- From bell tents to caravans, guests can choose from plenty of options to stay in the camping site.
Location: Badgells Wood, Whitehorse Road, Meopham, Kent
Do Read: Things To Do Near Borough Market
Swiss Farm Camping, Oxfordshire
- Swiss Farm is a luxury camping site where visitors will find enough space to park caravans, pitch tents, glamping cabins and so much more.
- Enjoy the fresh cooked delectable dishes at The Farm Kitchen Restaurant and cafe, an onsite addition to your experience.
- Guests can lounge and relax at the cosy bar area connected to the farm restaurant or take a stroll in their beautifully landscaped gardens.
- The kids will enjoy spending time in the two separate areas, one for younger kids and other located near the campsite.
- Guests can also bring their furry friends to the campsite, who get their own walking area and a dedicated dog wash.
Location: Marlow Road, Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire
Suggested Read: Things To Do In London In Winter
Stowford Manor Farm, Wiltshire
- A great addition to the many places for camping near London run by families, Stowford Manor Farm is a beautiful place to get away from the city.
- Get the experience of farm life, with milking Jersey cows or watching local artists work at the community workshops.
- Enjoy their homemade scones and cream teas made of their farm jersey cream, as you relax and rejuvenate amidst nature.
- Guests can also indulge in various activities at the River Frome (nestled on one side of the Farm), like fishing, boating, paddling and swimming.
Location: Wingfield, Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Also Recommended: Things To Do In London