Day 1 In Vienna
St. Stephen's Cathedral
- One of the best things to do in 2 days in Vienna is to visit the 12th century St. Stephen’s Cathedral.
- Considered amongst the most beautiful churches in Vienna in terms of architecture, the church has four tall towers.
- Climb a total of around 350 stairs to reach the top of the Tower Room to be amazed with magnificent city views.
- On the roof, admire the imperial double headed eagle and Viennese Coat of Arms.
- Tour the interiors of the cathedrals, with its beautiful altars, side chapels, treasures and even the burial place of some influential figures of Vienna.
Timings - Monday to Saturday (9 am to 11:30 am & 1pm to 4:30pm)
Spanish Riding School
- Visiting the Spanish Riding School in Vienna is another great way to spend 2 days in Vienna.
- It is one of the oldest places in Austria dedicated to training of Lipizzaner horses at the Hofburg Palace.
- The place is famous for its show, ‘Lipizzaner - the Ballet of the White Stallions’, which has a huge viewership.
- Visit its other exhibits like the ‘Training’, which gives a glimpse of what goes behind the scenes in the school.
- Also, explore the stunning architecture of the school, built in spectacular Baroque style.
Timings - 10 am to 6pm (on Thursday, open until 9 pm)
- Hofburg is one of the most popular and the best places to visit in Vienna in 2 days. Firstly, its history of being the residence of various Habsburg Residence adds weight to its historical importance.
- Secondly, it has an amazing architectural beauty unmatched with any other European palaces, having amazing wall art, marbles, ceilings and intricate designs.
- Lastly, it is home to some of the best attractions, the Spanish Riding School and the Imperial Apartments.
Location - 1010 Vienna, Austria
Timings - 8 am to 6 pm
Entry Fees- Around € 14
- 2 days in Vienna are incomplete without a trip to the legacy-carrying Albertina Museum.
- The Albertina Museum, located in Wien, is known for its fabulous collection and surveys of art, culture and architecture.
- At the Graphic Art Collection, admire the million paintings and prints of people like Rembrant and Klimt.
- Apart from that, take a tour of the magnificent State Rooms, with its impressive chandeliers, wall art, decor and other regal elements.
Timings - 10 am to 6 pm (On Wednesday and Friday, open until 9 pm; On Saturday, closes at 2 pm)
Entry Fees: € 10-20
Vienna Opera House
- Vienna is undoubtedly the greatest musical capitals of the world, and the presence of Vienne State Tower is a testament to it.
- The Vienna State Opera is the largest and one of the oldest opera companies not only in Vienna, but the entire world. Built in the mid-19th century, the opera house has a seating capacity of around 1700.
- It regularly hosts evening musical concerts of collections by masters like Mozarr, Richard Wagher and Strauss.
- You can also get to explore the Opera House on a guided group tour, and get a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the staterooms and the halls.
Entry Fees: Around € 5
Time Travel Vienna
- Visit and take part in Time Travel Vienna in case you are wondering what to do in Vienna in 2 days.
- Time Travel enables us to take a ride in Viennese history through the use of a multimedia mode.
- Time Travel; Vienna History Show makes every effort to immerse its visitors and take them on a journey to the past of Vienna.
- Get a chance to explore Vienna as it was in the Habsbrug era, during the plague and also the world war.
Timings - 10 am to 8 pm (saturday, closes at 2pm)
Entry Fees: € 10-20
- The Kunsthistorisches Museum, also called the Museum of Fine Arts is an excellent museum dedicated to the preservation of art and culture in Vienna.
- It is known for its stunning palatial building, and also its location, the Vienna Ring Road.
- The Museum has an excellent collection of art works dating back from the Habsburg Era, including the paintings of Archduke Leopold.
- Find works by notable artists like Michelango Merisi, Rembrandt, Raphael and Titian.
Timings - 10am to 6pm (general timings)
Entry Fees: € 15-20
- The Rathaus is the main town hall of the city of Vienna, and the centre for the city and provincial government. It has hundreds and thousands of rooms, where the officials work. Apart from its political importance, Rathouse is famous for its impressive architecture, with a huge tower, standing in the heart of the city.
- Opposite the Rathaus is the Rathausplatz, the main square of Vienna. The square is the centre of countless events round the year, including ice-skating during the winters.
Location - Friedrich-Schmidt-Platz 1, 1010 Wien, Austria
Timings - 7:30 am to 6pm (monday to friday)
Natural History Museum
- In case you are a history-freek, one of the best places to visit in Vienna in 2 days will be the Natural History Museum in Vienna.
- The Natural History Museum is a premier research institute and museum, dedicated to providing top notch research in all natural sciences.
- Admire its myriad exhibitions which mainly revolve on the history and diversity of life on earth.
- On the first floor, get a chance to learn and explore the anthropical and evolutionary history of human beings in relation to our primates.
Timing- 9 am to 6 pm (general timings)
Entry Fees: € 10-20
- In case you are confused about what to visit in Vienna in 2 days, you must surely hit the Onyx Restaurant for a top-notch dining place.
- The Onyx Restaurant is one of the high-end dining destinations in Vienna, known for enabling people to dine amidst a panoramic setting of Vienna.
- It is renowned for offering one of the best cuisines in Vienna, both local and imported.
- Rejoice in the lively and warm ambience as you dine with such magnificent views of Vienna attractions in the background.
Timings- 5 pm to 1 am
Day 2 In Vienna
- Wondering what to do in Vienna in 2 days? Visit the Belvedere Palace and admire its stunning collections
- The Belvedere Palace is a stunning Baroque Museum, dedicated to preserving the art and culture in Austria.
- It has a collection of more than 800 years old art masterpieces by artists like Picasso and Klimt.
- Admire the stunning collection in the permanent exhibitions like the Augmented Reality, Corleone Contemporary, Impressions and Themed Galleries.
Timings - 10 am to 6pm
Entry Fees: € 4-17
- The Museumsquartier is an amazing art museum district with an expanse of about 9,000 metric square.
- In 2 days in Vienna, you can visit some of its highlight exhibits which give a glimpse of works of European and other masters.
- At the Kunsthalle Wien, explore the artworks by people from all over the world.
- Leopold Collection is another great museum which you cannot miss, and has a collection encompassing Modernism, Expressionism and older art styles.
- Other highlights include the MUMOK, Viennese Film Festival and the Architekturzentrum.
Entry Fees: € 5-30
Madame Tussauds Museum, Vienna
- Whether it's Amsterdam, Hollywood or New York, Madame Tussauds Museums are a hit everywhere, and it's the same in Vienna.
- One of the best places to visit in Vienna in 2 days, The Madame Tussauds offers wholesome fun for its visitors.
- At the Singing section, meet your favourite singers like Katie Perry, Udo Jurgens and MT.
- In the Actor’s den, click selfies with celebrities like Zendaya, Lady Gaga, Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Lastly, visit the unique installation like that of the World War, or get married in the presence of Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley.
Timing - 10 am to 5pm
City River Cruise
- In case you are wondering what to do in Vienna in 2 days, we recommend you to go on amazing river cruises in Vienna.
- Explore Vienna in a completely different way on a sightseeing cruise in the Danube Canal.
- Come across famous Viennese attractions on the way like the Danube Tower, Hotel of Jean Nouvel, Schutzenhaus and the Urania Observatory.
- For the best of experience, make sure to opt for night cruises so as to sail amidst an illuminating urban sprawl.
Sigmund Freud Museum
- Signmund Freud is the most influential person Vienna has ever produced and if you are wondering what to do in Vienna in 2 days, ensure that you visit his museum.
- The Museum is officially his residence, where he once lived and produced his psychoanalytic theories and practices, before fleeing to London.
- In the main exhibition, get a peek into the life and work of Sigmund Freud and his wife Anna Freud.
- Also visit the various art exhibits, which bring out the theme of psychoanalysis and surrealism through excellent drawing and paintings.
Timings - 10 am to 6 pm (Saturday closes by 2pm)
Entry Fees: € 5-15
Military History Museum
- The Museum of Military History is the leading museum in Vienna dedicated to the Austrian forces.
- Through a number of exhibitions and displays, the museum shows the weapons, tanks, armours and other equipment used in the past.
- There are a number of exhibitions that you can visit like the Thirty Years War, War against Ottomans and Napoleonic Wars.
- Special Exhibitions include the Bunker System, Artillery System and the Telecommunication System.
Timings - 9 am to 5 pm
Entry Fees: € 4-8
- In case you are a thrill-seeker, The Prater Amusement Park is one of the best places to visit in Vienna in 2 days.
- It is filled with thrilling roller coasters, fantasy rides, water games and so on. One of the most fascinating rides is the Old Viennese Cave Train, which takes you on a mysterious journey inside an eerie Viennese cave.
- Other rides include the Ferris Wheel, Boomerang, Break Dance, Go-karting and the Boat Ride.
- The Park also organises the Winter Market at the time of Christmans, and contains a number of attractions like the winter circus, magical coca-cola train stop and other adventure games.
Timings - 11am to 10 pm
Entry Fees: € 1-6
St. Peter’s Church
- Owing to its stunning architectural appeal that marvelled at even from a far distance, the St. Peter’s Church is the most popular church of Vienna. Visit the church and enjoy the beautiful Gothic-style architecture. Marvel at the large turquoise dome, which resembles the shape of an easter egg.
- Built in the 18th century, the church has a tremendously beautiful interior design, with a golden altar and appealing frescoes in the background. You can also plan your tour to witness the amazing organ and choir performances in the church.
Timings - Monday to Friday: from 7 am to 8 pm.
- One of the visits to Vienna in 2 days is the Stadtpark, which is a huge municipal park with hundreds of visitors.
- It has a vast expanse of vegetation, and is surely the best retreat place to escape the chaos of the urban places.
- The most famous attraction here is the Kursalon, which is a spa with water considered to possess healing properties. Due to its spectacular shape and structure, it is a site of numerous concerts and events.
- Moreover, as you take strolls in the park, come across statues of famous Viennese like Hans Canon, Strauss and Franz Schubert.
Rollercoaster Restaurant Vienna
- The Rollercoasterrestaurant is undoubtedly the best place to visit in Vienna in 2 days.
- It has a unique and loved concept of food items being prepared and delivered using robots and rollercoaster systems.
- It is a highly loved destination in Vienne due to its lively and bustling ambience, with music in the background.
- Although the food is not rated as much as its concept is, it is still one of the most fun places to visit in Vienna in 2 days.
Timing - 11 30 to 10pm