38. Hohensalzburg Castle - Feel the thrill of exploration as you wander through the ancient halls and alleys of the largest medieval castle in Europe and enjoy the breathtaking views of Salzburg from its windows and terraces.
39. Hellbrunn Palace - Featuring Baroque architecture at its best, the Hellbrunn Palace is a large villa with stunning landscaped gardens, theatrical fountains and delightful Christmas markets, making it a must-visit when in Salzburg.
40. Schloss Leopoldskron - The shooting location for 10 of the outdoor scenes in the iconic The Sound of Music movie, Schloss Leopoldskron is a gorgeous Late Baroque palace located on the shores of Leopoldskroner Weiher, and the destination of Salzburg Global Seminar.
41. Nonnberg Abbey - The monastery where Maria from The Sound of Music lived, Nonnberg Monastery is a Benedictine monastery whose nunnery is the oldest nunnery in the German-speaking world. It is a beautiful and iconic place to visit for a few hours of peace and serenity.
42. Hangar-7 - Home to some historical Flying Bull aircraft and a large collection of Formula 1 race cars, alongside other historical aeroplanes and helicopters, Hangar-7 is a touristic delight in Salzburg. Tour the Hangar and then head over to the Michelin grade restaurant for a delicious repast to close the fun-filled outing.
43. Salzburg Zoo - Enjoy the playful activities of the many animals that reside here- from gigantic chimps to thundering rhinos to glossy black bears to royal lions among others. An afternoon in the zoo is a wonderful way to enjoy Salzburg.
44. House of nature - Practically everything about nature is on exhibit at this fantastic museum in Salzburg. From dinosaurs to humans, from the earth’s inner crust to the furthest corners of the universe, from the depths of the sea to the heights of the sky- everything pertaining to nature, science and animal life is on display at this mind-bending museum, making visiting it one of the best things to do in Austria.
45. Residenzgalerie - Home to a vast collection of paintings from the best artists of Europe including Rembrandt, Carel Fabritius, Carlo Saraceni, Friedrich Karl and Hieronymus Francken II, this is a must-visit for any art enthusiast.
46. Salzburg Museum - Understand the cultural aspect of Salzburg with the numerous artefacts and art objects that are displayed in the Salzburg Museum, speaking volubly of the history of Salzburg and its imperial legacies.
47. Schloss Klessheim - Stepping on to the grounds of Schloss Klessheim is like stepping into a fairytale- a stunning avenue leads up to the breathtaking Rocco palace, glimmering proudly against a clear sky. A guided tour is the best way to experience it thoroughly though you can also try a hand at the casino housed within.
48. Salzburg Cathedral - Enjoy the soothing spirituality that encircles the stunning Baroque aisles of the central Roman cathedral of Salzburg. This cathedral is a worthy exemplar of the grandiose visions the human mind can envision and bring into existence.
49. Mirabell Palace - Gorgeous fountains, vibrant gardens, hedge theatres, marble halls that have hosted the greatest musical geniuses of Austria, a staircase of angels and a lot more- Mirabell Palace is a must visit in Salzburg.
50. Residenzplatz - Spend a lovely time enjoying the cheery ambience of the grand central square of Salzburg. Roam the streets admiring the architectural marvels, shop in the diverse stores, and dine on exquisite dishes in the many restaurants around.
51. Mozartplatz - Pay a tribute to Salzburg’s musical genius by visiting the Mozart square. A large, honoured statue of Mozart stands in the middle, with several important buildings nearby. Sundry cafes make enjoying the square over a cup of coffee a memorable experience.
52. Stiegl-Brauwelt - Chug on a few mugs of beer, learn about the history and processes of beer making, and enjoy a hearty Austrian meal at Stiegl-Brauwelt- Austria’s biggest private brewery.
53. Red Bull Arena Salzburg - Enjoy some footballing action with a visit to the Red Bull Arena, the home ground of FC Red Bull Salzburg.