Watch Europe’s Largest Rhine Falls
- If you are wondering about what to do in Zurich in one day, witnessing Europe’s largest waterfalls of the Rhine near Schaffhausen is the best pick for you.
- Enjoy watching the magnificent 15,000-year-old waterfall from the Neuhausen am Rheinfall Village observation deck.
- You can take a boat tour of the Rhine towards the castles of Laufen and Worth.
- Take the Belvedere trail to reach the viewing platform nestling just above the falls.
- Thrill-seekers and adventurers can board a canoe to transverse through the rapidly moving waters of the Rhine.
Location: Rheinfallquai, 8212 Neuhausen am Rheinfall, Switzerland
Entry Fee: CHF 5.00
Witness Swiss Art At Kunsthaus Museum
- Kunsthaus Zurich is one of the biggest art museums in Switzerland that showcases to you an important collection including contemporary art.
- Teleport yourself back in time to admire art collections of the Middle Ages.
- Witnessing the Swiss art by Alberto Giacometti in the Kunsthaus Museum is among the most delightful things to see in Zurich.
- Catch the beautiful sight of the popular huge Water Lily Painting by Claude Monet.
- Admire the artworks by foreign painters like Edvard Munch, Henri Matisse, Vincent Van Gogh, Pablo Picasso, etc.
Location: Heimpl. 1/5, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
Timings: Tuesday to Sunday 10:00 AM to 06:00 PM
Entry Fee: CHF 10.00
Experience The Swiss Nostalgia At Old Town
- Out of all the most historical things to do in Zurich in one day, taking a tour of the old town lets you explore the medieval streets on the sides of the Limmat River.
- Known as “Altstadt” in the local language, Old Town offers you a unique blend of old churches and Switzerland’s modernism through nightclubs and shopping centers like Bahnhofstrasse.
- You can pay your respects in churches like Peterskirche, Fraumünster Church, and Grossmünster.
- The Zurich Zoo, Zürich Opera House, and Swiss National Museum are some of the main highlights of the old town.
Location: Niederdorfstrasse 19, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
Explore The Markets Of Burkliplatz
- Exploring the Town Square “Bürkliplatz” is among the best things to do in Zurich in one day to witness Switzerland’s beauty through lush boulevards and lakeshores.
- The Town Square is home to bustling parks, weekly markets, restaurants, and cafes.
- Situated across Lake Zurich, Bürkliplatz hosts weekly markets to sell some of the best flowers in Switzerland.
- Another Flea market allows you to get antique hand-made jewelry as a token of love from Zurich.
- The Street Food Market sells off healthy vegetables, fruits, meat, and fresh food directly from the flowers.
Location: Burkliplatz, 8001 Zurich, Switzerland
Timings: 06:00 AM to 11:00 AM every Tuesday and Friday
Say Cheers At Widder Bar
- Dining in at the Widder Hotel lets you witness its elegant architecture with a unique blend of 8 adjoining medieval buildings.
- Drinking classic cocktails and eating the tastiest food while enjoying jazz music is one of the most intriguing things to do in Zurich in one day.
- The “Library of Spirits” lets you choose from 1000 different bottles of cocktails and wine during the dinner.
Location: Widder Bar, Widdergasse 6, 8001 Zürich
Timings: Monday to Thursday 12.00 PM to 01:00 AM,
Tour The Old Town On The Limmat River Cruise
- Limmat River Cruises allow you to tour Zurich’s old town and witness its medieval streets through the waters.
- The cruise starts from Zurich Landesmuseum (Zurich National Museum) and passes by the Old Town to take you all the way to Zurichorn.
- Choose from 50-minute trips to long journeys up to 7 hours of hopping on and hopping off the cruise.
- Taking a 90-minute round-trip cruise on the Limmat River is one of the best things to do in Zurich.
- Admire the beauty of Old Town’s Lindenhof, Zurich Town Hall, Grossmunster Church, and many more attractions.
Entry Fee: CHF 4 onwards
Take A Uetliberg Hiking Tour
- Uetliberg is a beautiful hiking destination amidst the city of Zurich that takes you to the peak of Uto Kulm at an elevation of 871 meters above the ground.
- Depending upon your thrill level and traveling companion, you can choose between family-friendly easy trails through forests or the toughest ones.
- You can start the hike from Albisguetli to reach west of the mountain Triemli to Hohenstein weg mountain shoulder, and Uitikon Waldegg towards bushes.
- Upon reaching the top point of Uto Kulm, you can enjoy a scrumptious meal in the restaurant and witness the beauty of the Swiss skyline from the Uetliberg Tower.
Quest Of Hunger At Haus Hiltl
- The dining experience of Haus Hiltl lets you taste the yummiest buffet in Switzerland through its a la carte restaurant.
- Visiting this flagship hotel is among the best things to do in Zurich which rewards you with the delight of croissants with coffee in its bistro and patisserie.
- You can enjoy drinking some wine in the 124-year-old Haus Hiltl club and bar.
- The beautiful place offers you to relax on its lush boulevard during the summers.
- You can try out delicious food like chlausresis, fondue chinoise, Hiltl tartare, Mediterranean pasta, and the best of Indian cuisine like tikka masala.
Location: Sihlstrasse 28, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
Pray At The St Peter Church
- Witnessing the 1000-year-old beauty of Saint Peter Church is among the most positive things to do in Zurich in one day.
- You can visit the Church to witness Zurich’s only Baroque-style architecture that dates back to the 10th century.
- The Church features a tower that holds Europe’s largest clock on its face and is visible directly from Lindenhof hill and Grossmunster.
Location: St. Peterhofstatt 1, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
Timings: Monday to Friday 08:00 AM to 06:00 PM, Saturday 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM, and Sunday 11:00 AM to 05:00 PM.
Transverse Through The Waters Of Lake Zurich
- The boat ride on Lake Zurich is all about witnessing Switzerland’s beauty the closest.
- Starting from Bürkliplatz, the boat tour lets you witness all the best things to see in Zurich towards the upper end.
- Extend the Lake Zurich boat trip to wander in the waters across the picturesque town of Rapperswil.
- Hop in the boats with the Zurich special names of Felix, Turicum, and Regula tour the Swiss City.
- Choose from unique booking themes like Chicken Wings Cruise, Burger Boat, BBQ Boat, Cheese Fondue, etc.
- Indulge in fun activities on board and enjoy dances of Salsa, 2000’s party, and Country music.