Khaliya Top: Set about 7 km from Munsyari, it is an ideal spot for skiing. It has high altitude gradual slope pastures.
Betulidhar: Betuli Dhar is only 5-6 km away from Munsyari. A picturesque garden of Rhododendron, whose wide range is beautiful, and has skiing slopes.
Thamari Kund: Encircled by paper trees, it is a picturesque natural habitat and lake. Here you may spot musk deers.
Nanda Devi Temple: Around 3 km from Munsyari, a refreshing trail will bring you to the beautiful temple of Nanda Devi. You can also enjoy horse riding.
Birthi Fall: The majestic and remarkable water falls of Birthi is the prime attraction. It is set 19 km from Tejarn.
How to get there
By Air: The nearest airport is Jolly Grant, situated at a distance of about 24 km from the main Rishikesh town.
By Road: Road network is well connected to all major towns of Uttaranchal and surrounding areas.
By Rail: Rishikesh is linked to all the major towns and cities of India. Some of the links are accessible only from Haridwar.
Best time to visit: March to June and September to October
- Ski training courses are available here
- Grade: Strenuous
- You need to be very healthy
- Skiing equipments include the most modern alpine skis, Nordic skis, gloves and goggles
- Skiing gear is available on hire
Things to Carry
- Keep medications such as inhalers, bee-sting kits, insulin and first aid box etc.
- Carry woolen clothings, cap, socks, dark glasses, gloves, mufflers, pullovers, wind-proof jacket, gum/snow boots and a torch light in their travel kit.