Top 11 Winter Holiday Destinations in India
Quick Jumplinks to Navigate
1. RajasthanOne of the best times to visit the royal state of Rajasthan is during the winter months. Like most parts of North India, Rajasthan too experiences cold climatic conditions during the winter months, which are pleasant by western world standards. There is something magical about visiting the different forts and palaces of Rajasthan, coupled with traditional folk dances and the famed Rajasthan hospitality. Jodhpur and Jaisalmer are must-visit cities in Rajasthan during the winter months. A part of Thar Desert, these cities offer a magical experience. Jaisalmer is known as “golden city” and also offer best activities that can be done here. Planning a trip to Rajasthan, Check out the Thrillophilia Reviews
2. KeralaSome people just don’t like the idea of snuggling up in a warm blanket all day long. For people who would rather escape the chilling temperatures of winters, Kerala is ideal for winter holiday destinations in India. This gorgeous Indian state experienced moderate climate throughout the year. And it has loads to offer to tourists throughout the year. During a Kerala trip, you can choose to relax on tranquil beaches, stay in a treehouse in Kerala, take a backwater tour and do so much more. Planning a trip to Kerala, Check out the Thrillophilia Reviews
3. AuliIf you are looking for a skiing holiday, one of the best destinations to be in during winter months is Auli. A part of the Indian state of Uttarakhand, this valley is home to some gorgeous skiing slopes. In fact, in a short period of time, it has fast caught up to the popularity of Manali and Shimla as skiing destinations in India. Packages: Manali bike trip Packages Planning a trip to Auli, Check out Thrillophilia Reviews
4. ShimlaThere is nothing like spending a romantic vacation with your special someone in the midst of snow. Shimla is a quintessential winter holiday destination in India. The colonial character, snow-covered peaks and good accessibility makes it one of the hottest destinations for honeymooners in the winter season. However, you could enjoy a vacation in Shimla in winter months even if you are alone and looking for some adventure you can go paragliding in Shimla. Shimla is considered one of the best destinations for a skiing holiday in India. Planning a trip to Shimla, Check out the Thrillophilia Reviews
5. GoaLooking to bring in the festivals this year with a lot more joi de vive? If yes, Goa can be your ultimate winter holiday destination. The place comes alive during the winter months with all night parties and some seriously crazy crowd. The atmosphere is electric especially during the time of New Year and Christmas. Just be aware of overpriced hotels and restaurants during that time of the year. Better yet, make your bookings well in advance, for the place is jam packed during the winter months. Check out some of the must visit tourist destinations in Goa Planning a trip to Goa, Check out the Thrillophilia Reviews
6. AndamanIn complete contrast to the electric atmosphere of Goa is the tranquil ambiance of Andaman. If you would rather spend your time someplace secluded and someplace relatively warm, consider having a vacation in Andaman and Nicobar. The winter months are one of the best times to enjoy the exotic marine life of the Andaman Islands. And while on an Andaman trip, do not forget to try snorkelling with an elephant on Havelock Island. For Best places to visit in Andaman check out Andaman and Nicobar tourist attractions. For a honeymoon in Andaman check out amazing Andaman honeymoon packages For Hotel stays in Andaman checkout amazing hotels in Andaman and Nicobar Click here to know more customers review.
7. LakshadweepSimilar to Andaman are the Lakshadweep Islands, a group of 39 small islands. You can expect quintessential island temperature, which is moderate for the most part of the year. There are secluded beaches to enjoy and gorgeous marine life to explore. If you would rather while away your time under the sun during winters, you should seriously consider Lakshadweep as your winter holiday destination in India.
8. DelhiMuch has been said about Delhi’s winters. Despite the chaos of the capital city, despite all the mayhem, the city takes on a magical air during the winter months. There are mist covered mornings, festivals to enjoy during winters and so much more. And do not forget to sample Delhi’s famous street food during the winter months. It tastes that extra bit delicious when there is chill in the air. Check out places to explore and roam in Delhi
Have a look at the amazing resorts if planning to visit in Delhi NCR