Ooty AdventureBeing crowned as one of the most visited Honeymoon destinations in India, Ooty adventure options make this quiet destination more fun and adventurous for tourists. The blue Nilgiris and the eucalyptus forests set a perfect scenery for a variety of adventure activities in Ooty.
Trekking across the lush green trail or Nilgiris or Angling at Goad Trout and Carp in Pykara Lake, exploring the landscapes via horse riding, and gliding from the mountain top or the mountain bicycling are some of the fun and adventure activities in Ooty.
To ensure a great time with family and indulge in a number of fun and Adventurous activities in Ooty visit Eagle Dare Adventure. The Activity menu offers Zip Line, Swing, Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Valley crossing and many more to ensure a fun and thrilling day.
The activitieslets one live on the edge and feel thrilled if one has had enough of sightseeing in this quiet and beautiful destination. Among all the Ooty adventure, trekking is highly attended, and it is further offered in three categories – Trekking through the western Ghats enjoying the scenic beauty, Tribal trekking and mountain trekking.
Camping with good food and music, enjoying the star-studded sky at night with bonfire are some other great options to have the best time in Ooty along with falling in love with its natural panoramic beauty and spots. Additionally, opting for a Jungle Safari, boating at the Ooty Lake, cycling tours makes Ooty adventure trips more fun and a great destination to enjoy nature and adventure to the fullest. So, this mesmerizing town has a lot to offer to the tourists seeking peace and a relaxing vacation or the fun and enthusiastic adventure seekers.
People Also Ask About Adventure in Ooty
What are the best adventure things to do in Ooty?
Trekking is Ooty is incredibly famous and highly recommended as trekking through the dense forests and lakes to reach the peak and enjoy a mesmerizing view along with the breath of fresh air is surely a must try! Sengottaraayar Malai, Doddabetta Peak, Mukurthi Peak, Parsons Dam, Kotagiri – elk falls are some of the famous trek routes.
Location: Multiple locations.
Timing– Trek route 3-4 hours.
Price– Between INR 3000 – 3800 per adult.
2. Horse Riding:
A horseback ride on a pleasant evening enjoying the lake view and the bustling evening is a super fun activity out of all the Ooty adventure options. One can either hire a guide or opt for self-riding to have a thrilling experience.
Location: Boat House Lake & Pykara Lake.
Timing– 09:00 am to 06:00 pm.
-Full Round:Rs 100 per person.
-Double Round: Rs 200.
-One Hour Ride:Rs 400.
3. Zip line:
There are a number of operators in Ooty providing safe and fun adventurous sports. The best zip line activity with a good distance to cover, safe gears and trained professionals is available at the Eagles Dare Ooty adventure. The Eagle Tower zipline is an exhilarating experience to indulge in.
Location – Eagles Dare Adventure, 333, Gorishola Road, Mel Koddipamnnd, Ottacamnnd, Doddabetta, Tamil Nadu 643002.
Timing- 09:00 am to 06:00 pm.
Price– INR 500 per adult.
Surrounded by eucalyptus trees and dollops of green bushes along the shores, Ooty Lake is one of the most beautiful places to visit. Boating at the Ooty lake isa refreshing experience and allows you to soak in the serenity and pin-drop silence of the surroundings. One can choose to stay until the evening or just hang out for the day.
Location - Ooty Lake, Ooty, The Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu, 643001, India.
Timing- 09:00 am to 06:00 pm.
Price- INR 170 for a 2-seater pedal boat for a 40 minutes ride.
5. Mountain Biking:
The mountain biking is sure to give the much needed adrenaline rush to the adventure lovers. A track is full of natural bumps and steep with sharp curves and narrow pathways. To make the ride more thrilling and fun, there are a number of man made features in the bike park like sponge pits, bridge and jumping ramps, teeter-totter and switchbacks. The other option is more relaxing, one can rent a cycle for 5-6 hours and self-explore the hairpin bends of the western Ghats.
Location – Mountain Biker's Park, Ooty, Tamil Nadu.
Timing- 09:00 am to 06:00 pm.
Price– INR 10 per lap.
What are the camping sites available in Ooty?
Camping in Ooty is one of the best options out of all the available adventure activities in Ooty. It is the best way to explore nature, relax, and have fun with some great outdoor activities. Ooty is blessed with great and scenic spots to enjoy the camping trip with family or friends. Below are some of the most explored adventurous activities in Ooty.
1. Doddabetta, Karrimodakku, Ooty – One of the best camping places in Ooty located on the mountains and wrapped by the tea gardens. Tourists can also learn tea farming, witness chirping birds and play some fun outdoor games to relive childhood.
2. Tiger Hills, Ooty – Located near Tiger Dam at the eastern part of Ooty, Tiger hills is a peaceful camping place. The spectacular view of the Lovedale Valley and the gorgeous Blue Nilgiris mountains. Far from the city crowd, this site is best options for especially the ones seeking for natural tranquillity and soothing space over the hustle and bustle of a common city life.
3. Hilltop Camping, Ooty – A breath of Fresh Air, pleasant weather and a mesmerizing view of dense green valley is a perfect description of the view and feel at the Hilltop Camping Sight. Located at the outskirts of Ooty on a hilltop, this site is a great place to relive childhood with some fun outdoor games to play with family & friends and a memorable time.
4. Upper Thalayathimund, Ooty – Resting like a crown at the hilltop of Ooty, this site is a perfect option for those looking for some tranquillity and adventure and to meet and bond with some like minded people. With majestic valley view this camp site offers a multiple fun games setup such as archery, trampoline along with provision for some fun backyard games like badminton, volleyball and frisbee.
What are the best trekking trails in Ooty?
1. Doddabetta Peak – Doddabetta is the highest mountain in the Nilgiri Mountain. This trekking destination offers an alluring view of the colourful rhododendrons over dense lush greenery. Being a perfect choice for trekking enthusiasts the level of trek is easy to medium.
2. Mukurthi Peak - Another famous and most visited trek route is Mukurthi Peak. Surrounded by greenery and parallel to the National park, this moderate difficulty level trek is fun and a safe to say paradise for photographers and nature lovers.
3. Kotagiri – elk falls - The Trek route begins from the tea estates and heads down the valley connected to the river. Distance between Kotagiri and Elk falls is around 7 kms and the pleasant weather with the scenic view makes this moderate difficulty level trek a great option. Major attractions enroute are the Catherine falls, Doddabetta Peak, the elk falls and the Rangaswamy Pillar.
4. Parsons Dam Trek – Enjoy the nature strolls with lands filled with purple hues of rhododendrons and the scented pine trees. The trek route is extinguished with a walk through the Eucalyptus till one reaches the dam and is in awe of the site of the dam and the wrapped greenery.
Is Ooty safe for adventure sports?
Yes, Ooty has emerged as an adventurous destination over the years. With a great list of Ooty adventures activities, necessary permissions have been taken care of by the professional activity providers. Ooty is a beautiful destination and having been blessed with great weather throughout the years, the streets are filled with tourists which also makes it safe to roam around and explore.
What is the best time to visit Ooty for adventure activities?
The summer season, between April to June is the best time to explore the adventurous activities in Ooty. As the weather ranges between 20 - 30 degrees with bright sun and cool breeze makes outdoor activities more fun. The evenings however get pleasing and soothing so the summer season lets tourists enjoy the adventurous and Hill station vibes both.
Where can I go mountain biking in Ooty?
Below is the list for some good spots for mountain biking:
1. TTDC mountain biking recreational park, Ooty.
2. Hercules Mountain Bike Park, Ooty.
3. Cycling in Crest Valley, Ooty.
4. Tea estates of Udhagamandalam, Ooty.
Where can I go for paragliding in Ooty?
Kalhatty is the best spot to go for paragliding. The kalhatti waterfall is around 20 kms paragliding tour stretch. There is a pre gliding training organized with the pre-registrations to have the best of the adventurous activities in Ooty.
How much does paragliding cost in Ooty?
The charges for the Paragliding in Ooty will cost around INR 3000. This includes the training and flying time with the duration being 30-40 minutes.