Château De Chambord
- Pay a visit to Château de Chambord, one of the most famous as well as the largest Castles in Loire Valley
- Explore the captivating chateau, well known for its unique Renaissance style architecture of blend of the classic Renaissance structures with French mediaeval ones.
- Mark the influence of Italian architecture in the chateau’s designs and learn that it was designed by the famous artist and engineer Leonardo Da Vinci.
- Take a stroll into the beautiful gardens, along with the ground of the castle and feel enchanted looking at its grandeur and magnificence.
- Those with a love for nature and wildlife must visit the park around the chateau with rich biodiversity.
Location: Château, 41250 Chambord, France
Timings: Daily 9 am to 5 pm
Château De Chenonceau
- One of the best chateaux in Loire valley is the beautiful French château, built directly over the River Cher, near the village of Chenonceaux.
- Walk through the three different parts of the castle to learn about its 500 years old French history.
- Visit the two-storey building that has been flanked by corner turrets and was built on the foundation of the old mill.
- Take a look at the second part of the castle, the Tour des Marques, a remnant of an older castle.
- Stroll through the long gallery which joins the two buildings spreading across the river Cher, resting on five arches, and leaning on the south facade of the two-storey building.
- Complete your tour by wandering into the mesmerising garden surrounding the chateau.
Location: Château de Chenonceau; 37150 CHENONCEAUX
Timings: Daily:9:30 am to 5:30 pm
Château De Villandry
- Pay a visit to the Chateau de Villandry, a Loire valley chateaux, which has gained a reputation for its stunning grounds developed in the Renaissance era.
- Explore the gardens of the chateau and take a look at the 16th-century Ornamental Garden having neat rows of colourful flower beds and manicured shrubbery.
- Visit the Kitchen Garden where the vegetables have been laid out in geometric forms.
- Look into the Herb Garden to check out its medicinal and culinary herbs spread in circular beds.
- Take a look at the maze, one of the attractions of the chateau.
- Watch the stunning view of the Villandry village and its church from a distance.
Location: 3 Rue Principale, 37510 Villandry
Timings: Daily: 9:30 am to 5 pm
Château Du Clos Lucé
- The spectacular Château du Clos Lucé, also known as Clos Lucé, is one of the popular Castles in Loire Valley, built in the 15th-century castle.
- Visit this enchanting place which was built by Hugues d'Amboise in 1471.
- Learn the history of Château du Clos Lucé, currently a museum
- Know about the life and work of the famous artist and engineer, Leonardo da Vinci
- Roam around the beautiful rooms of the castle that are full of period furniture and gothic elements and feel transported 800 years back.
- Look into Da Vinci’s bedroom, workspace and kitchen and feel exhilarated as you get a glimpse of his and his pupil’s life.
- Pay a visit to the basement along with the seven-hectare surrounding landscaped garden to take a look at recreations of his works of art and inventions.
Location: 2 Rue du Clos Lucé, 37400 Amboise, France.
Timings: 9.00 am to 6.00 pm
Château De Langeais
- The list of Loire valley chateaux includes another enchanting attraction, the Château de Langeais, one of the oldest châteaux of the valley.
- The castle, which was built in the 1460s, will mesmerise you with its massive towers
- Walk into its rooms and feel enchanted looking at the life-size wax-figure tableau portraying the marriage of Charles VIII and Anne of Brittany.
- Wander into its various rooms to view the beautiful faded Flemish and Aubusson tapestries, and other intricate works.
- Walk on the Chemin de Ronde to get a bird’s eye view of the surrounding areas.
Location: Place Pierre de Brosse, 37130 Langeais, France
Timings: Daily 10 am to 5 pm
- One of the best Loire valley chateaux is the Château Gaillard, known to be one of the early impressions of the Italian Renaissance in France.
- Pay a visit to the château to look at its 16th-century furniture along with modern stained-glass medallions.
- Witness other attractions of the chateau such as the 17th-century troglodyte kitchen, a 16th-century 'mask of shame', a vaulted 13th-century kitchen, and others
- Château Gaillard is also well known for having France's first royal Orangerie and is now home to about 60 varieties of orange trees as well as 90 varieties of grapes.
Location: 27700 Les Andelys, France
Timings: Wed-Mon: 10 am - 1 pm & 2 pm - 6 pm
Château De Cheverny
- The Château de Cheverny, a private estate, is one of the most enchanting Castles in Loire Valley that is surrounded by woodlands.
- The 17th-century manor house, opened to the public in 1922, will captivate you with its well-maintained apartments and grand halls that are to date decorated with original decor and furniture.
- Walk into the manor house with its English-style park and have fun looking at an exposition of Tintin comic strips.
- Take an electric car ride through the estate’s forest path or go for a boating experience on the lake.
- Stop for snacks and beverages at the castle’s own Café de l'Orangerie
Location: Avenue du Château, 41700 Cheverny
Timings: Daily 10 am to 5 pm
- Listed amongst the top places to visit in Loire Valley is the famous Gothic cathedral, Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Chartres, locally known as the Chartres Cathedral.
- The cathedral has sculptures and stained glass from the 12th and 13th centuries, making it one of the complete surviving medieval churches.
- Pay a visit to the magnificent cathedral that is the seat of the Bishop of Chartres.
- Go to the cathedral in the summer to watch a light show in the evening, projected outside the cathedral after the darkness sets in.
- Feel awe-struck looking at the stained-glass windows and sculptures all around the cathedral.
Location: 16 Cloître Notre Dame, 28000 Chartres, France
Timings: Mon to Sat: 10 am to 12:30 pm; Sun: 2 pm to 7:30 pm;
Château De Chaumont
- One of the best Loire valley castles located around 18 km from Blois, is the Château de Chaumont.
- Feel enchanted as you take a look at this castle with its multi-tower and turreted fortress, making it look like one out of a fairy tale.
- Stroll inside the castle to take a look at the château's apartments filled with works of art as well as historic tapestries.
- Look at the decor and furniture in the castle from the bygone eras, which have been renovated to their former glory.
- Walk into the English-style gardens to take a stroll around the plant beds and enjoy the blooms.
Location: 41150 Chaumont-sur-Loire
Timings: Daily 10 am to 5 pm
Château Royal De Blois
- Visit the Château Royal de Blois, one of the most distinguished Renaissance Castles in Loire Valley
- Explore this castle to get a glimpse into the evolution of French architecture from the early periods of the middle age till the 17th century.
- Stroll inside to feel mesmerised looking at the Stateroom with its ornate thrones and other pieces of evidence of grandeur.
- Walk to the 'Architecture Rooms' and look at examples of original sculptures that have been restored from different parts of the chateau buildings.
- Admire museum exhibits which consist of sculptures and other works of art, such as paintings by masters such as Ingres Rubens, and Boucher.
- Wait till nightfall to enjoy a spectacular sound and light show.
Location: 6 Pl. du Château, 41000 Blois, France
Timings: 10 am to 5 pm