Camping in GokarnaGokarna Camping is the perfect way to escape the crowded life of the city and retreat into the lap of nature. Camping and trekking are two activities that are usually synonymous with mountains and hill-stations. However, a trip to Gokarna allows you to enjoy a camping trip on the beachfront, with stunning views of the Arabian Sea and a plethora of activities that will keep you engaged and entertained throughout your stay.
Gokarna is famous for its striking, pristine beaches that boast of some of the most breath-taking sunsets. Beach camping in Gokarna is a fun and convenient activity where most of the provisions are already in place and even though you are technically camping outdoors, all the modern amenities required for a comfortable stay are provided to you. You can enjoy a host of activities during your stay.
Several campsites are available on the beach-front, from where you can enjoy scenic views of the ocean and sometimes even watch the dolphins jump out of the water. Because the tents are set up on the beach, guests can also enjoy bonfires and barbeques. There are washrooms set up alongside your tents and provisions for food and beverages are also arranged beforehand.
You can also go sightseeing from these Gokarna camps to nearby attractions. All of these small tours and treks come as a part of your camping package and a tour guide to make your camping trip even more memorable. If you pre-book your camping trip, you can enjoy amenities such as a local guide, snacks, tea, and coffee at regular intervals throughout the day, medical aid, and much more.
All in all, a camping trip to Gokarna is one of the best ways to spend time away from the city. You can also avail pick up and drop facilities if you book your trip accordingly. For people traveling with friends, family or in large groups, this is the ideal place to have a pleasurable holiday. The camps, together with the ocean, sand and the sunsets make for a truly memorable trip.
People Also Ask About Camping in Gokarna
Which are the top water sports in Gokarna within Rs 1000?
Gokarna being the beach city you will find ample water sports activities. We have created a list of some of the best water sports in Gokarna that you can experience:
1. Jet Ski at Om Beach, Gokarna @ Rs 420 only
2. Bumper Ride in Gokarna @ Rs 700 only
3. Banana Boat Ride in Gokarna @ Rs 600 only
4. Speed Boating at Om Beach @ Rs 600 only
Which are the famous places for camping in Gokarna?
Here are some of the most popular places for people to camp in, in Gokarna:
1. Paradise Beach: The most popular beach site to go camping in Gokarna is Paradise Beach. There are several hotels, resorts, cottages, and camps in and around the area. Some of the hotels and resorts themselves provide camping facilities. Of all the Gokarna camps, this is possibly the most popular, which also makes it a little crowded. Make sure you come early or book your camps beforehand to have a hassle-free experience.
2. Gokarna Beach: The most populated beach is Gokarna Beach which is the largest and closest to the main town of Gokarna. Most of the hotels and resorts are located on or around this beach. It is known for the fun activities that you can enjoy when you go camping there, which include yoga, treks, spas, rock climbing and much more. It is also the site for the famous Gokarna Beach Festival. Gokarna Beach is a common point for people who also want to explore nearby tourist attractions and beaches such as Dolphin’s Point, Half Moon Beach, etc.
3. Om Beach: Om Beach is ideal for beach camping in Gokarna because not many people frequent this beach, making it serene and peaceful. It is the center of several exciting activities such as waterboarding, jet skiing, trekking, and banana rides. There are also a number of quaint cafes and cottages where you can enjoy a serene and rejuvenating vacation.
4. Alvekodi Beach: Alvekodi beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in Gokarna. It is part of the adjoining Alvekodi village. Due to its relatively remote location, it is devoid of the usual flock of tourists and is ideal for travelers who are looking for solace and serenity. This beach boasts of some of the most beautiful sunsets and the proximity to the village also makes it convenient for basic amenities.
Which is the best time for camping in Gokarna?
The best time to go camping in Gokarnais between October and March when you can avoid the monsoon months and enjoy the warm, pleasant weather.
Is camping allowed in Gokarna?
Beach camping in Gokarnais one of the most popular activities in the area and is availed by many tourists every year. There are several camps on almost all the beaches in this picturesque town, and camping packages that you can pre-book. You can pitch your own tent in some places such as Paradise Beach.
How do I get to Gokarna?
If you are traveling by air, the nearest airport is located in Dabolim in Goa, which is a 20km drive from Gokarna. Trains like the Matsyagandha Express that runs between Mumbai and Mangalore stops at Gokarna. There are also regular buses vying to the town from Bengaluru and Goa.
Where is Gokarna beach situated?
Gokarna beach is located on the edge of the town and is several kilometers long. It is ideal for setting up camps and tents for visitors and travelers because of its accessible location and a large number of hotels.
Is beach camping safe in Gokarna?
Camping in Gokarnais a relatively safe activity since a lot of people go camping in this beach town and the provisions are in place accordingly. Places like Paradise Beach and Gokarna Beach, which are densely populated, have lifeguards, hotels, hospitals, restaurants, shops and much more to ensure a safe and comfortable stay.
However, if you are setting up camp in some of the more remote beaches, make sure you have the necessary phone numbers to call in case of emergencies.
Where is Gokarna situated?
Gokarna is a small town in Karnataka and is located on the West Coast of India, on the coast of Karwar. It is home to the famous Mahabaleshwar temple and several quaint, beautiful beaches which are major tourist attractions.
How many beaches are there in Gokarna?
There are 5 main beaches in Gokarna:
1. Gokarna Beach
2. Kudle Beach
3. Om Beach
4. Half-moon Beach
5. Paradise Beach
How many days are enough for Gokarna?
Even though there are a limited number of tourist attractions in Gokarna, it is still worth spending 2-4 days in this town to take in everything that it has to offer. Between the Mahabaleshwar temple, trekking trails and of course, the stunning beaches, you should be able to have a productive and rewarding few days in Gokarna.
Why is Gokarna famous?
Gokarna is famous for many things including the holy Mahabaleshwar Temple and its pristine beaches. Staying in Gokarna campsis one of the most popular activities which is enjoyed by thousands of tourists every year. Whether you are looking for active, exciting and activity laden camps or lazy and secluded stretches of sand, you can enjoy all kinds of beach camping in Gokarnawhen you visit.