Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
My friend and I went together to Pondicherry, but wanted a proper guided tour of Auroville. That's why we decided to stick with Thrillophilia. It was a...
Prashant or Pepe as he prefers to be called, was on the dot when we started the Monument Walk tour at 7am. He gave us a thorough low-down on the histor...
About the Activity:
- Auroville in Pondicherry is a great place of personal and spiritual upliftment. An experimental township founded in the year 1968, the place is located on the very fringes of the state of Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry, the literal translation of its name means City of Dawn
- Flocked by people from all around the world looking for spirituality and Union with the One, Auroville is the heart and soul of the city of Pondicherry.
- This 3 and a half hour activity where you will get to explore Auroville is one of the most unique and exciting experiences here.
- Included in this package are visits to some of the most important attractions inside the Auroville like a short tour of Sanjeev Nagar village, orientation tour at local artisan’s place, interaction in Svaram musical unit, small brief of bamboo toys, jewelry & musical instruments, refreshment at bamboo centre, Matrimandir, Auroville visitor centre, Lunch at solar kitchen, and an introduction video of Auroville.
- Throughout this day, a guide cum storyteller will accompany you on this tour telling you stories and snippets about the place, making the experience more unique in its overall feel.
Timings: 9:30 AM to 1 PM
*Note: The package is available from Monday to Saturday
Minimum people required: 1
Write Your Story
Rated : 4.0
My friend and I went together to Pondicherry, but wanted a proper guided tour of Auroville. That's why we decided to stick with Thrillophilia. It was an overall satisfactory experience, I'd say. Nothing unexpected, though. The food was excellent, and we got to interact with a few local artisans too. One major highlight was that our guide, Dev was well versed in English and French, which made the trip richer. The price was also very decent. So if you're picky about budget, this is perfect for you.
Rated : 5.0
Prashant or Pepe as he prefers to be called, was on the dot when we started the Monument Walk tour at 7am. He gave us a thorough low-down on the history of the city and showed us the various symbols which marked the timeline. He is knowlegeable and detailed in his explanation
Rated : 5.0
Auroville wasn't built in a day, but we explored it all in one day. Thrillophilia did a great job in introducing us to the best of this place. Murugan, our guide spoke english and french, which amazed me a lot.
Rated : 5.0
It is definitely a must visit place. The lifestyle was very new and convincing. A lot of things happening at a time. Appreciable settings. Close to nature and well maintained. Very lovely hosts too. Clean and tidy surroundings.
Rated : 4.0
This is probably the most unique experience Ive had so far. I recommend this activity if you are looking for tranquility and spirituality in your life.
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.