Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Pick-Up & Drop
Trip Starting From: Colombo
Trip Location: Colombo
Colombo, the most prominent city in the entire vicinity of Sri Lanka is a hub that delivers the scope of adventurous activities and great tourist delight. The urban population and the diverse cultural composition of Colombo make it widely accepted as the capital of Sri Lanka. Tourists are attracted from the nook and corners of the world to witness the scenic and popular attractions in Colombo which enhances the glory of the country.
About the Activity:
With the Southern Sri Lanka Sightseeing Private Day Trip, you get to explore Sri Lanka’s South Coast and visit Galle, the iconic Dutch Fort and gather maximum delight. Enjoy a soothing walk over the ramparts and pathways that you witness when you reach the fort. You shall be able to visit Ambalangoda mask factory and spend good times with your loved ones by a boat ride at Maduganga Ganga, followed by a visit to the Turtle Hatchery.
The package is inclusive of comfortable Hotel pickup and drop-off in Colombo, Negombo or Mount Lavinia along with the assistance of an English-speaking guide. The package is inclusive of entrances fee to Turtle Hatchery and boat ride in Balapitiya. You also get a chance to enjoy lunch at a local restaurant along with the provision of bottled water.
Timings: You can book the package for 10 hours time period that starts at 7.30 am and ends at 5 pm.
Starting/Ending Point: Your Hotel in Colombo
Note: Minimum 2 persons and a maximum of 9 persons are required to book the tour package.
07:30: You will be picked up from your hotel in Negombo, Colombo, Mount Lavinia, Wadduwa, Kalutara and then transfer to visit Dutch Fort of Galle.
10:30: After the Dutch Fort visit, you will be driven to Ambalangoda, known for its exquisite collection of native masks, carved throughout the generations of professional carvers from the region.
12:30: Later on you will drive to Balapitiya and enjoy lunch at Gangabada Asiriya Restaurant.
After lunch, you can discover the unique beauty of Maduganga River on a boat trip.
15:30: Visit a Turtle Hatchery in Kosgoda. Here, these almost-extinct turtles are breed and cared for. extinct form Sri Lanka. Visitors can see the new born turtles and even be a part of the process of releasing them in the sea.
17:00: You will be taken back to your hotel at the end of the tour.
Write Your Story
The price of a Southern Province Sri Lanka Tour package is INR 3200 per adult at Thrillophilia website. The Southern Sri Lanka province tour generally includes hotel pick up and drop, an English speaking guide and lunch.
The Southern Province of Srilanka is one among the nine provinces of Srilanka and consists of the districts of Galle, Matara and Hambantota. The southern expressway Sri Lanka connects Colombo with Galle.Some of the popular things to see and do in a Southern Province Sri Lanka Tour are :
- The Dutch Fort of Galle is a beautifully preserved fort from the colonial times and consists of photogenic streets with pathways made of cobblestones. It is a quaint place to breathe in some sea breeze with endless views of the emerald waters touching the horizon.There are a lot of shops, museums, restaurants and artistic coffee shops housed in some picturesque colonial buildings.
- Ambalangoda is a coastal town in Southern Sri Lanka famous for its devil masks and devil dancers. One can visit the traditional mask carver’s workshops and look at wood come to life with their artistic abilities.
- Balapitiya is another scenic coastal town of Southern Sri Lanka near the Maduganga river which has the amazing mangrove islets constituting a complex wet-land ecosystem home to approximately 303 species of plants. A boat trip through this unique mangrove network is breathtakingly beautiful and provides ample photo opportunities.
- The turtle hatchery in Kosgoda is one of the 18 turtle hatcheries in Srilanka striving for the conservation of the endangered turtle species in Srilanka. Get a guided tour which explains the turtle life cycle from seeing where the eggs are laid to hatching and release of the young swimmers into the ocean. Visitors can even be a part of the release of young sea turtles into their ocean home.
The southern expressway Sri Lanka connects Colombo with the Southern Province of Sri Lanka. There are some amazon beaches in this part of Sri Lanka and it is also home to the famous Yala national park. Some of the most popular destinations that can be covered in a Southern Province Sri Lanka Tour are :
- Galle Fort and Galle Lighthouse
- Maduganga river
- Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery
- Bentota Beach
- Unawatuna Beach
- Hikkaduwa Beach
- Mirissa Beach
- Japanese Peace Pagoda
- Yala National Park
Some of the inclusions in the Southern Province Sri Lanka Tour package are :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Colombo,
- Negombo or Mount Lavinia
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fee to Turtle Hatchery
- Boat ride in Balapitiya
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Bottled water
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.