Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Enjoy this city sightseeing tour of Colombo, the bustling capital of Sri Lanka. An informative guide will accompany you throughout the tour and take you to major highlights such as the Colombo Lighthouse, Largest Chandelier in South East Asia, and more. End your tour with some bargain hunting on a shopping excursion.
About the tour:
-The tour will start at 6:45 am and the assembly point of the tour would be the old Dutch Hospital precinct.
-You get a chance to capture the blissful sunrise at the Colombo Lighthouse.
-Taste a freshly cut King Coconut or ‘Thambili’ as its locally known and immerse yourself in the sights, sounds and smells of the Pettah Bazzar while you walk down Main Street and see the morning come alive as people set up shop.
-Visit Largest Chandelier in South East Asia and view some of the ancient coins of Sri Lanka. Also, visit The Grand Red Mosque which is better known as Jami Ul Alfar Mosque.
-As the tour concludes, savor light Sri Lankan Breakfast.
Start Point: Entrance to the Dutch Hospital Precinct. Opposite World Trade Centre, Colombo 1
Timings: 6.45am, 11:00am, 4:00pm (daily)
Time duration: Around 2.5 to 3 hours
-Light Sri Lankan Breakfast
-Lunch or Evening Tea + Pot of Tea + King Coconut while we walk.
Write Your Story
You can instantly start the booking process online, once done, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours along with a voucher. You can notify us via email in case you haven’t received the confirmation email, however, it is advised to check your Spam folder once before raising the concern.
Please remember that the validity of this tour is only active on the date mentioned and time specified. You can show either an e-voucher (on your mobile phone) or can get the voucher printed for this activity.
Yes. Meals are included on the Colombo Walking Tour. If you take the morning tour which starts at 9 AM, you will be treated with fresh and super healthy breakfast platter. Similarly, if you opt for the afternoon tour which commends at 1:30 PM, you will be served hot and wholesome lunch. And if you go for the evening tour that begins at 5 PM then dinner is provided to you. Your guide will take you to a local food court where you can avail your meals.
Yes. Columbo walking tour covers historical places such as old parliament house, ancient building sites like the Old Dutch Museum in this itinerary. You also get to explore the ancient and famed Gangaramaya Temple which encompasses a library, a museum and some gilded souvenirs inside the complex.
The significant Fort area has colonial-styled buildings such as The Stock Exchange and the World Trade Centre. As you saunter the cobbled sidewalks of the Fort area, you will soon stumble upon the oldest building in the city- The Dutch Hospital. The Dutch hospital dates back to the 7th century and is very well toured in this package.
There are myriads of places to visit in Colombo, almost all of which are covered in this walking tour such as:
- The Old Dutch Museum
- The famous Gangaramaya Temple
- The vibrant streets of Pettah and Fort area
- The Old Dutch Hospital which is now a lively mall
- Galle Face, a seaside urban park sprawling across 5 hactare of land
- The World Trade Center, a fine example of colonial buildings in the Fort area
- Beira Lake
- Port of Colombo
The bustling streets of Pettah also knowns as ‘Pita Kotuwa’ and Fort area are two of the very famous places to shop around in Colombo. The tour covers both the places extensively but one must prepare to walk more than you regularly while exploring these markets.
The unique blend of exotic spices, a variety of creamy curries and wholesome flavours of Colombo brings a very authentic food experience to the visitors. The assorted list of food from the lively streets of Sri Lanka can be listed as:
- Dal curry
- String hoppers
- Kottu Roti
- Egg hoppers
- Pani Pol A range of seafood such as prawns, crabs, butterfish, snapper, lobster and squid cooked in rich curries.
One of the oldest Buddhist Temple in Colombo, the famous Gangaramaya Temple is included in the tour itinerary.
As the tour requires one to walk around the historical places and old streets, kids under the age of 8 are not allowed.
The Pettah market situated in the outer Fort area is segregated into several streets catering to various needs of people. Besides the main street that is lined with branded showrooms such as ‘Ranjanas’ and ‘Visakamals,’ the other following streets are:
- First Cross Street - Famous for electronic goods.
- Second Cross Street - Sells a mix of cosmetics, perfumes, electrical home appliances, jewellery and fabric stores.
- Third Cross Street - Flooded with vivid fabrics stores owned by retailers and wholesale dealers.
- Fourth and Fifth Cross Street - Both are famous as the food streets, selling tea, spices, vegetables and encompass a string of eateries.
- Malwatte Road - Offers a collection of shoes, bags, and suitcases, etc. The other streets which can be considered after Pettah are Maliban street, Sea street, China street, Dam street, Prince street, etc.
The average cost of a Colombo walking tour is INR 1700. There are many variants of Colombo city walk packages available and the price varies depending on the inclusions like food, drinks and the guide accompanying you
Some of these Colombo walks take you on a historical journey through the Portugese, Dutch and British eras and you can witness the cultural impact of that on the beautiful architecture adorning the city.
Colombo is the coastal capital city of Srilanka located on the west coast of the island. It is a colorful city that has a layer of modern architecture along with its famous colonial era architecture.
Some of the popular things to do during a Colombo walking tour include :
- A visit to the Colombo Lighthouse and Clocktower and gazing at the endless ocean and wondering at the charm of colonial architecture.
- Having a traditional Srilankan breakfast and enjoying the burst of flavors.
- A walk through the markets of Pettah on a shopping expedition.
- A visit to the Grand Red Mosque.
- A visit to the famous Gangaramaya Temple.
- Sipping a drink from the famous King Coconut.
The start point of the Colombo walking tour would be the old Dutch Hospital precinct and can be accessed by tuk-tuk or cabs from your hotel in Colombo. The Colombo city walk will take you through some of the famous places of tourist interest in Colombo city.
The inclusions in the Colombo walking tour package are :
- Guide cum storyteller taking you on an offbeat Colombo walks experience.
- Light Sri Lankan Breakfast
- Lunch or Evening Tea + Pot of Tea + King Coconut while we walk
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.