Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Pick-Up & Drop
Trip Location: Colombo
Kandy, a famous
spot in the Sri Lankan city, imparts great richness in historical as well as
religious composition. The location is widely called as the Temple Of The
Sacred Tooth Relic that marks the habitat of several remarkable museums and
iconic attractions. The spot is ideal for gathering peace and caters immense
delight to the visitors.
About the Activity:
With the 2-Day Kandy and Nuwara Eliya tour, you get to explore the primary uplands of Sri Lanka and enjoy a delightful sightseeing activity that takes you to the prominent locations of the city. The tour lets you grasp the beauty of waterfalls and tea plantations along with mountains, valleys, botanical gardens, temples that would hold you mesmerized at the overall composition of Kandy. You will also be able to enjoy a boat ride which would let you grab some everlasting memories.
The package is inclusive of Hotel pick-up and drop off by an air-conditioned vehicle in Colombo and delicious meals such as two lunches, one dinner and one breakfast along with one bottle of beer during the dinner. The tour is inclusive of overnight accommodation in a 3- Star Hotel and all entry fees to Peradeniya garden, Gregory lake and Victoria park along with boat charges. You shall also be provided with an English-speaking professional chauffeur guide. Also, the package is inclusive of all government taxes.
Starting Point of the Activity: The tour activity begins with picking you up from your Colombo.
Timings: The activity package will commence from 6 am in the morning.
Note: Minimum 2 persons and maximum 12 persons are required to book the package.
6:00: You will be picked up from your hotel in Colombo and driven to Nuwara Eliya. En-route visit St. Clare & Devon waterfalls – two of the attractive waterfalls in Sri Lanka where you will meet at Talawakele.
12:00: Arrive at Nuwara Eliya and enjoy lunch at a Local Restaurant. After Lunch, you will proceed to visit Pedro tea factory and tea plantation. If you wish, you may also involve in plucking tea with estate workers.
Arrive back to Nuwara Eliya and check in to your hotel.
Later, you will do a boat ride in Gregory Lake and enjoy a city tour in Nuwara Eliya.
Enjoy your dinner with one complementary beer bottle per person.
Overnight stay at a 3 Star hotel in Nuwara Eliya.
08:00: After breakfast, you will be driven to Kandy. En-route visit Ramboda waterfall – a beautiful, three tiers, 200-meter cascade.
11:00: Arrive to Kandy and visit Peradeniya Botanical garden for an introduction to tropical flora and fauna.
13:00 – 14:00: Enjoy your Lunch at Oak Ray Restaurant. After lunch, you will proceed with a city tour in Kandy including a visit to visit to upper lake drive, market square, gem lapidary, and more.
20:30: Arrive at your hotel in Colombo and drop.
Write Your Story
The average cost of Kandy Nuwara Eliya tour is INR 8,400 per adult after excluding the 23% discount, inclusive of to and fro transportation from Colombo, 3 star hotel accommodation in Nuwara Eliya, English speaking guide and food. The price varies with the inclusion of additional inclusions and choice of accommodation.
There are many places of tourist interest while covering the distance from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya . Nuwara Eliya is a high altitude scenic hill town in Srilanka that is famous for its tea gardens and factories. There are many popular things to see and do in Nuwara Eliya such as :
- A visit to the spectacular lake Gregory nestled in a green valley famous for water based adventure activities like jet skis, windsurfing, speed boating, boat rides and pony rides.
- A visit to the Hakgala Botanical Gardens which are at a height of 5400 feet,one of the highest altitude botanical gardens in the world and home to beautifully manicured rows of Roses, Orchids and other flowering plants.
- One of the most famous temples in Srilanka is the Seetha Amman Temple which according to Hindu mythology, is the place where the demon king Ravana had housed Sita Amma. The temple is built next to a stream of water and is revered for its sacredness.
- A visit to Horton Plains National Park has to include a hike to the famous World’s End which is the edge of a huge cliff at the end of the Horton Plains plateau.
- A hike to the Moon Plains which is a scenic area surrounded by valleys and hills with well marked walking paths.
- There are plenty of waterfalls all around Nuwara Eliya. Some of the must visit ones are on the list of places to visit from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya are Bombruella Waterfalls, Glen Falls, Nanuoya Waterfalls, Lover’s Leap Falls and Ramboda Falls.
- There are many tea estates with their own tea factories to add to your list of places to visit from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya which have a free tour of the factory and tasting of the tea varieties. Some of the famous ones are Damro Labookellie Tea Centre, Pedro Tea Factory and Mackwoods which offer a glimpse into the processes involved from cultivation to packaging of tea leaves.
Kandy is a plateau city surrounded by views of the mesmerizing green mountains and a spectacular lake in the middle.Kandy is famous for its numerous places of interest like :
- The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic .
- The Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya.
- The Kandy Lake
- The Udawattakele Forest Reserve
- The Bahirawakanda Temple
- The Royal Palace and National Museum Kandy
Kandy is well connected from Colombo by road and rail routes. The average train journey takes about 2.5 - 3 hours depending on which train you are travelling. There is a very good frequency of buses plying between Colombo and Kandy that traverse a distance of around 135 Kms in around 3 hours.
The inclusions in the Kandy Nuwara Eliya tour are :
- Overnight accommodation in a 3- Star Hotel
- Two Lunches, one dinner and one breakfast
- One bottle of beer during the dinner
- All entry fees to Peradeniya garden; Gregory lake; Victoria park and boat charges
- Hotel Pick up and drop off in Colombo
- Transportation by an air-conditioned vehicle
- Service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide
- All government taxes
The distance from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya by road is around 76 Kms and takes an average of 2.5 hours to travel. The Kandy Nuwara Eliya road is scenic and winding up and down hills filled with green tea plantations. There are numerous places worth visiting while covering the distance from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.