Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Pick-Up & Drop
Trip Location: Anuradhapura
Visit one of the largest and oldest National Parks in Sri Lanka- Wilpattu National which is very much popular and world-renowned for its leopard population. This adventure and the fun-filled tour includes breakfast, picnic lunch, and round transportation.
About the tour:
-You will be picked up from your hotel and drive to Wilpattu national park by customized game viewing vehicle.
-As you reach there, begin with your 3 hours game drive to the largest National Park in Sri Lanka. There are approximately 30 species of mammals in the Wilpattu National Park which include the Elephant, Sloth Bear, Spotted Deer, Buffalo, Sambar and Mongoose in addition to the leopards.
-On completion of the game drive, you will be taken back to your hotel. Your tour ends here with lots of adventure memories.
Timings: 1:30 pm- 6:00 pm
Time duration: 3-4 hours
Starting/Ending Point: Your Hotel from Anuradhapura
-Minimum 2 people are required to book this tour.
-Maximum 6 people are required to book this tour.
-Children of age 5 years and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
-All children must be accompanied by an adult.
01:45 pm: You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to Wilpattu National Park by Customized game viewing vehicle.
03:00 pm: Begin with your 3 hours game drive to the largest and one of the oldest National Parks in Sri Lanka, Wilpattu National.
06:00 pm: On completion of the game drive, you will be taken back to your hotel. Your tour ends here.
Write Your Story
There are two kinds of safari,
1. A short visit with beautiful memories of wilpattu safari. It is Morning/Afternoon game drive with intense fun.
2. To engage in nature exploring the soul with wilpattu safari. It is a Full Day game drive with absolute fun.
First Plan: Morning/Afternoon
The Wilpattu Safari Cost will be based on the number of people and plan (Morning or Afternoon , Full Day plan). There will be a price difference between Foreign and local people. The Cost of wilpattu safari includes the all expenses of the trip which are all mentioned below. Well Trained Ranger will be guiding the entire trip. English Speak Drivers.
Foreign People: Price:
2 Pax - INR 4100 per person,
3 Pax - INR 3900 per person,
4 Pax - INR 3500 per person,
5-6 Pax - INR 3200 per person.
Free pick and Drop for only Wilpattu Safari Camp area hotels. And the Time duration for The drive is 3-4 hours. And others include park entrance fees, complimentary refreshment pack when the safari time and all taxes. The picnic meal will be optional.
Wilpattu National Park is approximately 188KM away from the Colombo airport. Once you reach the airport,There are four ways to start your journey to Wilpattu National Park.
1. Usually the train journey gives the most beautiful memories, there are two train routes to reach Wilpattu National Park. First train route is from Colombo to Anuradhapura. The journey starts from Colombo station then travels into scenic places like Rambukkana - Kurunegala - Maho - Ambanpola- Galgamuwa- Tambuttegama-Talawa. After reaching Anuradhapura, Take a taxi to Wilpattu National park. The taxi costs approximately around Rs.2000 to Rs.2500. The travel time duration for the Colombo to Anuradhapura by train is approximately around 4.30 Hours.
2. Second train route is from Colombo to Puttalam which gives you the most beautiful view of gulf of mannar. The train journey starts from Colombo then travels into Wennappuwa - Madurankuli- Kaladiya, After reaching Puttalam take a taxi to Wilpattu National Park.The taxi costs approximately around Rs. 2000 to Rs. 2500. And the travel time duration for the Colombo to Puttalam by train is approximately around 5 Hours.
3. Direct taxi service is available from colombo to Wilpattu National Park entrance. There are two route usually followed, the fastest route is Puttalam road travel, via Negombo - Dankotuwa- Wennappuwa- Chilaw- Madurankuli- Kalladiya - Puttalam, The time duration for this route is approximately 3.40 Hours(Approx.188KM). The second route is via Giriulla- Kalugamuwa - Kurunegala - Maho - Ambanpola - Andarawewa- Ottapuwa. and the time duration for this route is approximately 4.20 Hours(Approx. 205KM).The cost for both route is approximately around Rs.7000 to Rs.7500.
4. If own transport is available the best and fastest route is travel via ( Negombo - Dangottuwa - Wennappuwa - Chilaw- Madurankuli- Kalladiya- Puttalam ) and the time duration for this route is approximately 3.40 Hours. The fuel costs only around Rs.1200 to Rs.1700 ( Based on the Car mileage). This route Most scenic and beautiful view of Gulf of mannar .
5. There is also another option, Domestic flights are available from Colombo to Sigiriya. After reaching Sigiriya take a taxi to Wilpattu National Park via Anuradhapura and Puttalm highway the travel distance between this route 117 KM approximately 2.20 Hours travel. That costs approximately around Rs.18000 to Rs.35000 ( Based on the day).
yes! Wilpattu safari is absolutely safe. The Wilpattu National park is the largest and one of the oldest park in Sri Lanka. After the Civil war the Wilpattu National Park was closed some year after that the Sri Lanka Government concentrated in the Park Development.
Well trained rangers will be guiding the entire trip. Alcohol not Allowed inside the Park. The entire park area is secured and maintained by the Sri Lanka Forest Department.
Wilpattu National Park is located approximately 40 KM away from the Anuradhapura. This is the fastest way to reach, Puttalam - Anuradhapura - Trincomalee highway, 32 KM following this highway, then taking diversion to Wilpattu National Park road a small 8KM ride, Approximate travel timing could by 45 Mins depending on traffic and day condition.
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.