About the Activity:
- Whether you are a sports enthusiasts or a nature seeker, River Chaliyaar beckons you to come and explore the nature’s own country in its purest forms. Kayaking is one of the unique experiences that can be enjoyed in Calicut.
- Jellyfish Watersports is conveniently located and is only 20 min away by road from Calicut International Airport and 20 min from Calicut railway station/ bus stand.
- From experiencing the thrill and adventure of Kayaking with international quality kayak and stand-up Paddling to peaceful canoeing down the Chaliyaar or fishing sitting in the lap of nature, this exciting package has something for everyone:
- Stand-up paddling
- Indoor wall climbing
- Soft archery and more
- Even if you are a novice, with our friendly, safety-conscious and professionally trained instructors, you can always take the sport at your own speed. The kayak hire is a great option to indulge in a fun and adventure filled activity with your family and friends.
- Canoe ride, fishing, camping, sail boat ride and other similar water sports are the perfect way to getaway from the boring lifestyle of yours and the outdoor activities will help you engage in rejuvenating your body and soul well.
- Beypore Estuary and Kadalundy Bird Sanctuary add to the cinematographic effects of the adventure trip.
- So, shed all your inhibitions and get ready for a thrilling experience.
- There are four different
The details of the Day Pass Package:
- For the adventurists: Day Pass
- For the heritage lovers: Ferokes’
tile factory heritage tour
- For families and friends: Group
paddling with breakfast at Kadavu
- Social networking in nature’s lap:
Group paddling trip to Kadalundy bird sanctuary
This package includes equipment rental, one-hour kayaking training by the resident trainer and unlimited usage of the kayaks, canoes and stand-up paddles under the supervision of lifeguards depending on the weather condition.
The package also includes water refill, refreshments and a traditional Kerala style lunch (veg/ non veg) served on a banana leaf at the riverfront campsite.
Timings: 07:00 AM to 06:00 PM.
The details of Feroke Tile Factory Heritage Tour:
This includes group paddling trips to the Beypore Estuary and visiting the port and the heritage tile factories of Feroke, built by the Britishers in 1900’s and still functional.
It will be a guided tour to the tile factory to observe clay processing and tile making.
Timings: Arrive at the campsite at around 06:30 AM and start paddling by 7:30 AM to cover a distance of 6 KM and return back to the campsite by 4:00 PM.
Breakfast and lunch will be served outdoors.
The details of Group Paddling with Breakfast at Kadavu Resort:
Great idea for the whole family to get outside and enjoy Mother Nature and the great opportunities she provides to bond.
This includes group paddling trips to the Kadavu resort for breakfast. The Raviz Kadavu is nestled on the banks of the legendary Chaliyar River. Inspired by the Nallukettu style of architecture once again, the 9- acre spread Raviz Kadavu celebrates the art and ethnicity of Kerala. Remember to take pictures and stop at marvelous scenic overlooks.
Timings: Arrive at the campsite at around 06:30 AM and start paddling by 7:30 AM to cover a distance of
6 KM and return back to the campsite by 2:30 PM.
The details of Group Paddling Trip to Kadalundi Bird Sanctuary:
This one’s for Nature lovers who seek to experience the beauty and serenity of flora and fauna from close quarters.
This group paddling trip to Kadalundy bird sanctuary that was recently declared as a bio-reserve is a real treat to eyes when you spot a variety of migratory birds in all hues and sizes
The bordering mangroves only add to the pristine experience.
Timings: Arrive at the camp at around 05:00 AM and depart to the sanctuary by 06:00 AM.
Take a stop at Beypore Estuary for breakfast, continue paddling through the Canoli Canal connecting Chaaliyar River and Kadalundy River.
Camp at Kottakadavy bridge near the bird sanctuary and afterwards start exploring the sanctuary in kayaks.
14 KM is the distance you have to cover before you arrive at the bird sanctuary.
Return to the camp post lunch and arrive at the campsite by 06:00 PM.