People Also Ask About Adventure in Greece
What are the best adventure things to do in Greece?
1. Rock Climbing: To experience one of the most Adventurous Things To Do in Greece, you will need to visit the quaint island of Kalymnos. For experienced rock climbers, as well as for beginners, it is one of the best things that you can enjoy while visiting Greece.
With more than 2000 climbing routes established across the multiple rock formations on this island, you will find no dearth of opportunities for adventure in this relatively unexplored region. You will find numerous limestone cliffs which are challenging to conquer at different levels but offer just as much action and adventure along with mesmerizing views of the surrounding environs.
Location: Kalymnos, Aegean Sea, Greece
2. Windsurfing: Beaches in Greece receive a generous breeze almost all around the year, keeping them cool and perfect for sunbathing. Windsurfing is thus, one of the best Adventurous Things To Do in Greece along with kite surfing, which is also among the fastest-growing sports in the area.
For those who find it thrilling to experience adventure and adrenaline rush, the location of Rhodes and Paros are among the best with ample guides and trips to join. Visitors can also choose various local clubs to stay at and enjoy the views.
Location: Rhodes, Lefkada and Paros
3. Mountaineering: Among the most Adventurous Things To Do in Greece is to visit the wild and alive slopes on a rocky mount like Olympus. Although it is no less than a daunting task to brave the adventurous peak, being able to reach the top is more than an achievement.
The rich natural beauty of the mountain invites visitors to come and spend time across the landscape. Tourists can plan their routes beforehand to decide which slopes they are going to brave while trying out this high rush activity.
4. Skiing: When you visit the area around Northern Greece, you will find a number of skiing slopes where visitors experience great snowfalls and hearty landscape scenes. You can ply between mountain slopes by visiting local stops or else, try the challenging peaks and test your skiing skills.
Location: Northern Greece
5. Caving: There is a whole different world right below the surface of Greece which offers many Adventurous Things To Do in Greece. With over 8500 caves all over Greece where explorers can find numerous anthropological artefacts and so much more.
At the same time, they can also explore the caverns and underwater lakes where you can venture by boat. The off-grid adventure brings you to a mesmerizing location that is no less than something to feel amazed about.
Which are the water sports activities to do in Greece?
1. Kayaking: If you are looking for Adventure Things To Do in Greece, then kayaking is something that should not escape your list. Several operators will provide you with a wholesome package that you can avail yourself to enjoy not only kayaking but several other water sports activities as well.
For anyone who enjoys adventure activities, experiencing kayaking will be an exciting proposition. The thrill of riding between the blue waters will make your trip to Greece a memorable one. So, if you are waiting to experience fun and adventure in Greece, then this is one activity that you should not miss.
2. Jet Skiing: Break the fast with an adventure-packed ride amidst the turquoise blue waters at Falassarna Beach, a haven for those who want to experience fun and Adventurous Things To Do in Greece. Among the most popular water sports activities in Greece is Jet Skiing, where you can balance yourself on the waves to enjoy jet skiing.
This is also a good way for you to spend quality time with your friends and family where you can enjoy a memorable day with them and spend time riding on the waves and experiencing extreme water sports activities.
Location: Falassarna beach, Greece
3. Parasailing: If you are intent on making the most of your trip, you should not miss the one Adventurous Things To Do in Greece that will give you a high adrenaline rush, and that is to go parasailing. The mere mention of water sports in Greece entices visitors to try parasailing which gives you a chance to enjoy scenic views of the surrounding environs while riding on the back of a speeding boat.
As you nearly float in the air, heading out to the open ocean, parasailing brings you the sheer excitement and joy of true adventure.
4. Snorkelling: Exploring the underwater world is one of the many Adventurous Things To Do in Greece that you should not miss while you are here. Dive alongside experienced divers who will take you through the charming depths of the currents below the surface of the sea and get a chance to see the myriad of aquatic life and coral reefs that reside here.
You wouldn’t want to miss out on this exotic chance to witness the world that exists in the underwater sea. The availability of assistance ensures that even newbies can take a dive in the waters to enjoy the activity.
5. Scuba Diving: One of the most Adventurous Things To Do in Greece is to experience Scuba diving in the open sea. Many locations in and around Greece are revered for water sports activities such as Scuba Diving. New Makri is one of the famed spots to enjoy this wonderful sports activity, among other top spots.
For a place that is as famous as Greece for Scuba diving, you cannot miss the fun and adrenaline that it brings to you. So, get into one of those diving costumes and ride along the blue currents to reach the depths of the ocean and experience a moment of resplendent adventure like none before.
Which are the best hiking places in Greece?
1. Samaria Gorge, Crete: The 10-mile-long hiking trail is considered to be one of the best Adventure Things To Do in Greece. On this trail, you will find a company of people headed out to experience the adventure in full fun.
The raw and scintillating beauty of Samaria brings you to face to face with vertical walls of rocks, trees and plants, often apart by only 3.5 meters at its narrowest point. You should visit the scenic trail during the months of April and May when it is bright with flowers and bloom.
2. Mt Ohi Summit Hike, Evia: Spend hours of pure adventure exploring this 8-kilometre-long trail which offers not only a huge joust of natural surroundings but also brings you a bouquet of historical establishments which you can explore.
You can even stay here overnight to catch the early morning sunrise, which is no less than a magical experience. Crowned by dragon houses and Stonehenge dwellings, this trail will bring more surprises to you than imaginable.
3. Delphi To Kirra Walk, Central Greece: Interestingly, this is one of the best Adventure Things To Do in Greece since it is a downhill trek that follows a century-old pathway. On this trek, you will get a chance to walk along the dotting landscape surrounding the Delphi, right up to the ancient port of Kirra.
The 14 km long trail can be covered during a span of 3 to 4 hours starting from Hotel Acropole and crisply touching the boundaries of Village Crissa. While you are here, you can also explore various activities like swimming and enjoy a scrumptious lunch.
4. Tomb Of Kleoboulos, Rhodes: This is a relatively easy and fun hiking trip for those who do not want to undertake a strenuous hike. The 5-kilometre-long trail can be covered in under 2 hours from Lindos to the Tomb.
The bare and flat landscape offers wide and scenic views of the surrounding area, ending in a rocky hilltop location. Reaching this spot, you will be thrilled to discover the undulating beauty of the barren hilltop. You will also find a circular tomb that dates back to the 2nd century.
5. Melinda Paleochori Trail, Lesvos: A little over a kilometre, this short trail will take no more than 30 minutes of your time, making it an excellent retreat for nature lovers who can visit it frequently. The olive trails include local paths and roads that are interspersed all over the island.
The seemingly short but excitingly scenic stretch rides along the Selandas River and a passing spring. Paved in white stone, springs and vineyards, the old charm of the rustic trail invites visitors to explore Adventurous Things To Do in Greece.
Where can I scuba dive in Greece?
1. Alonnisos: Home to a large natural marine park, Alonnisos offers one among the many Adventurous Things To Do in Greece. With ample space to dive and observe the natural surroundings, you can swim in and out of the caves that are located underwater here to get your chance to spot monk seals and some rare flora and fauna. While scuba diving at this spot, tourists can also spot some of the most remarkable remains of shipwrecks.
2. Crete: With waters as clear as gin, visiting Crete is one of the best Adventure Things To Do in Greece. Divers will enjoy exploring the treasures that lie beneath the surface of the water while being visited by numerous moray eels. The most prominent reef here is the Amphorae reef which is believed to be home to numerous ancient treasures from where visitors can also head to Lasithi for some more wild nature and adventure.
Location: Eastern Mediterranean, Greece
3. Zakynthos: If you are looking for Adventurous Things To Do in Greece, then you must take a dive in the waters here, to get a chance to see various migratory birds, rare Mediterranean monk seals, moray eels and violet aeolid. You will also get a chance to see an undersea arch 12 meters below the surface, which is often surrounded by many octopuses, lobsters and lurking groupers.
Location: Ionian Islands, Greece
4. Pavlopetri: Surrounded by deep blue waters, you can take a dive underwater to reach the oldest known underwater town in all of the world. It is believed that the town has been resting here since the 4th century under the seabed and at present, it is filled with numerous water-filled alley chests filled with rocks and treasures carpeting the seafloor. Broken pots, regular day to day items and cooking utensils are among the few artefacts that you can discover here.
How many days are enough in Greece?
It is recommended that you should plan a minimum seven-day trip to experience all the adventure Things To Do in Greece. During this time, you can visit prominent tourist spots such as Santorini, Athens and the Greek islands. This trip will give you enough time to experience the stunning beaches in Greece, enjoy its lively nightlife and stop at major destinations to live a splendid journey.
Why is Greece so famous?Greece is famous for a number of historical, administrative as well as political reasons. It is the birthplace of the Olympic games, enriched by a rich history and emboldened by the presence of magnificent temples. Several Greek cuisines such as Fava, Dolmades and Saganaki are also quite varied and popular all over the world.
What should we not miss in Greece?Among the many Adventure Things To Do in Greece, there are a few special events that tourists should not miss. These include watching the sunset at Santorini, experiencing a cliff jumping adventure at the Hydra islands, climbing Mount Olympus and enjoying the Mediterranean countryside while trying Greek wine and wine tasting experiences.
What is the best time to visit Greece?If you want to enjoy the myriad of adventure activities that are available to explore in Greece, it is best to visit the place during the spring season that occurs between the months of April to June and the Autumn season which occurs between the months of September to October.
How much does a trip to Greece cost from India?
A basic travel package to Greece can cost INR 80,000 per person for a span of 7 days. The cost of the package includes charges for meals, accommodation, transfers and sightseeing.