Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Pick-Up & Drop
Trip Location: Kandy
Kandy, a famous
spot in the Sri Lankan city imparts great richness in historical as well as
religious composition. The location is widely called as the Temple Of The
Sacred Tooth Relic that marks the habitat of several remarkable museums and
iconic attractions. The spot is ideal for gathering peace and caters immense
delight to the visitors.
About the Activity:
With the last kingdom private day tour in Kandy, you will be able to visit prominent spots of Kandy such as Spice Garden at Mawanella, Tea factory in Giragama, Temple of Tooth Relic, Market Square, Upper Lake Drive, Gem Lapidary, and the Wood Carving Center in Kandy. Since the existence of lush greenery prevails in the location, you will be able to travel through tropical plantations and dense hills. The package also provides with a delicious lunch at Oak-ray restaurant.
The package is inclusive of Hotel pick-up and drop off by an air-conditioned vehicle in Colombo, Mount Lavinia, Negombo, Wadduwa, Kalutara, Waskaduwa, Beruwala, Bentota, Ahungalla and Waikkal and provides you with a delicious lunch along with chilled beer. You shall also be provided with a professional chauffeur guide and one bottle of water during the tour. Also, the package is inclusive of entrance fees to the sites and all government taxes.
Starting Point of the Activity: The tour activity begins with picking you up from your Colombo/Negombo.
Timings: The activity package will commence from 6 am and last till 9 pm.
Note: Minimum 2 and maximum 8 persons are required to book the package.
06:00: You will be picked up from your hotel in Colombo, Mount Lavinia or Negombo and then proceed to Kandy.
09:00: If you are interested in the Spices, you will be able to visit a well-maintained spice garden in Mavanella. For centuries, spices have been one of Sri Lanka’s most celebrated exports and are used for medicines and cosmetics as well as to flavour foods. You will sample scents and flavours such as cinnamon, ginger, pepper, vanilla and cardamom.
10:30: Arrive at Giragama Tea Factory. Tea was first planted in Sri Lanka in 1824 at the Botanical Gardens at Peradeniya, when a few plants were brought from China. You will spend an hour exploring the plantation and factory before leaving for Kandy which is approximately 30 minutes away.
12:00: Arrive at Oakray Restaurant for lunch. After lunch, you will visit a Gem Lapidary and Wood Carving centre.
14:30: Leave to visit Bahirawakanda Buddha statue that is known as Big Buddha is one of the most scenic places in the city.
16:00: Arrive at Kandy Temple. To the Buddhists of Sri Lanka and the World, Kandy is one of the most sacred sites as it is the home of the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha. You will visit this wonderful temple followed by an upper lake drive.
18:00: Leave Kandy and proceed back to your hotel. You will arrive approximately at 21:00 to your hotel.
Write Your Story
The average cost of a private trip to Kandy is around INR 4000.The price for the Kandy city tour generally include hotel pickup and drop-off by an air-conditioned vehicle in Colombo,all sightseeing tours with the service of an English-Speaking chauffeur guide,lunch at a premium restaurant with chilled beer, all entrance fees to the sites and all government taxes.
Kandy is a picturesque city in central Srilanka having a scenic lake in the middle and surrounded by mountains all around. It is the second largest city in Srilanka and is at an elevation of 500 m above sea level with an average temperature of 18 degrees celsius. Kandy is famous for many places of tourist interest that can be covered in a Kandy city tour such as :
- The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic which is a famous spiritual place housing the sacred relic of the tooth of Budhha.
- The Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya located near the Mahaweli river has a collection of more than 4000 different species of plants and is well known for its Orchid collection and should be a part of your trip to Kandy.
- The Kandy Lake present in the heart of the city is optimal for a peaceful evening stroll on the path around it is a must visit destination in any Kandy tour.
- The Udawattakele Forest Reserve is a 257 acre large forest area in the city of Kandy famous for its large number of resident bird species.
- The Bahirawakanda Temple which has a giant statue of Buddha on a hilltop.
- The Royal Palace and National Museum Kandy which has over 5000 artifacts from the Kandian Era should definitely be a part of your Kandy tour.
- The Arthur’s Seat view point is the perfect place to catch a glimpse of the city from an elevated vantage point and has street vendors selling art and souvenirs.
- The World Buddhist Museum.
- The Wales Park is a hill top park which provides an elevated view of the city of Kandy.
- A visit to the Giragama Tea Factory as a part of your Kandy city tour.
The package includes convenient hotel pick up and drop facility in a private air conditioned vehicle. The Kandy tour will begin once you are picked up by the english speaking guide in your own private air conditioned car.
The other inclusions in the package for the trip to Kandy include:
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by an air-conditioned vehicle in Colombo, Mount Lavinia, Negombo, Wadduwa, Kalutara, Waskaduwa, Beruwala, Bentota, Ahungalla and Waikkal.
- All sightseeing tours with the service of an English-Speaking chauffeur guide
- Lunch at Oak ray restaurant with chilled beer
- Entrance fees to the sites
- One bottle of water during the tour.
- All Government Taxes
Some of the places to visit in Kandy are :
- The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic .
- The Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya.
- The Kandy Lake
- The Udawattakele Forest Reserve
- The Bahirawakanda Temple
- The Royal Palace and National Museum Kandy
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.