Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Pick-Up & Drop
Trip Location: Kandy
Explore the wonderful hill capital city of Sri Lanka and visit most of the major sightseeing attractions in Kandy. Kandy is one of the most sacred sites as it is the home of the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha.
About the activity:
This Kandy day tour is a perfect blend of scenic attractions, religious shrines, food joints, and historical monuments. You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to visit Giragama Tea Factory. Explore the factory and the sorting tools, the grinding tools, drying tools, and the packaging machines. Learn how tea is processed from shiny green leaves to the bits in your tea bag and enjoy a cup of high grown processed tea. Visit Botanical Garden of Peradeniya which is renowned for bundles of varieties of plants including orchids, spices, medicinal plants, and palm trees. After the Botanical garden visit, Bahirawakanda Buddha statue is known as Big Buddha and then enjoy your lunch.
After that visit the Kandy Lake that was built by King Sri Wickrama Rajasinghe in 1807. Do an upper lake drive and then be the witness of a cultural show. At last, visit the Temple of the tooth and end the tour at the hotel.
Delicious lunch in an outside restaurant will be included.
Know before you go:
Minimum occupancy: 2 Pax
Maximum occupancy: 8 Pax
Pick up/Drop off: Hotel
Duration: 11 hours
Starting time: 08.00 am
Endtime: 07.00 pm
08:00 am: You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to visit Giragama Tea Factory.
08:30 am: Arrive at Tea Factory and learn about the sorting and grinding tools, drying tools, and the packaging machines. Learn how tea is processed from shiny green leaves to the bits in your tea bag.
10:00 am: Visit the Botanical Garden of Peradeniya
11:30 am: Visit Bahirawakanda Buddha statue that is known as Big Buddha is one of the most scenic places in the city.
01:00 pm: Enjoy your lunch at Oakray Restaurant.
02:00 pm: After Lunch, you will be able to enjoy a wood carving factory and gem lapidary.
03:00 pm: Do an upper lake drive.
04:00 pm: Enjoy a cultural show in one of the many theaters available in the Kandy city.
05:30 pm: Visit the Temple of the tooth.
07:00 pm: Drop off at your hotel.
Write Your Story
The average price of a private Kandy city tour is INR 4,800 per person. There are many variants of Kandy tour packages and the common inclusions are private transfers in an air conditioned vehicle, professional english speaking guide, and food. The Kandy day tour package price may vary depending on the number of persons.
Kandy is a picturesque city in central Srilanka having a scenic lake in the middle and surrounded by mountains all around. It is the second largest city in Srilanka and is at an elevation of 500 m above sea level with an average temperature of 18 degrees celsius. Kandy is famous for many places of tourist interest that can be covered in a Kandy day tour such as :
- The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic which is a famous spiritual place housing the sacred relic of the tooth of Budhha. It is present in the premises of the royal palace which was once home to the royal family of Kandy.
- The Royal Botanical Garden in Peradeniya located near the Mahaweli river has a collection of more than 4000 different species of plants and is well known for its Orchid collection.
- The Kandy Lake present in the heart of the city is optimal for a peaceful evening stroll on the path around it is a must visit destination in any Kandy tour.
- The Udawattakele Forest Reserve is a 257 acre large forest area in the city of Kandy famous for its large number of resident bird species. Take a walk to spot these magnificent creatures chirping away to the tune of nature.
- The Bahirawakanda Temple has a giant statue of Buddha on a hilltop in the posture of meditation and stands tall as a landmark associated with the city of Kandy.
- The Royal Palace and National Museum Kandy which has over 5000 artifacts from the Kandian Era should definitely be a part of your Kandy tour.
- The Arthur’s Seat view point is the perfect place to catch a glimpse of the city from an elevated vantage point and has street vendors selling art and souvenirs.
- The World Buddhist Museum is the first museum dedicated to Buddhism and has artifacts from 17 different countries from all over the world where Buddhism thrived once upon a time in history.
- The Wales Park is a hill top park which provides an elevated view of the city of Kandy.
- A visit to the Giragama Tea Factory which is an enriching experience. Get to know about the processes involved in the tea factory which produces one of the best tea in the world as a part of your Kandy day tour. The guide will take you through the entire factory and explain about how the tea leaves are plucked,cleaned,separated into different grades and then packaged into final products. There is also an inhouse tea tasting and purchase section where you can shop for different varieties and flavours of tea.
The package includes convenient hotel pick up and drop facility in a private air conditioned vehicle. The Kandy city tour will begin once you are picked up by the english speaking guide in your own private air conditioned car.
The inclusions in the Kandy city tour package are :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking Driver
- Entrance fee to Botanical Garden, Bahirawakanda Temple, Cultural Show, and Kandy Temple
- Lunch at Oak Ray restaurant
- All government taxes
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.