1. Ocean Park Hong Kong: Amongst the popular theme parks in Hong Kong, Ocean Park is the most spectacular one. From enjoying the sleigh ride across the snow-clad Arctic Blast, exploring your way through China’s rich culture at the Sturgeon Aquarium and discovering some of the precious marine creatures, walking into the heart of the Rainforest and also meeting the giant pandas hailing from China’s temperate forests, each sight will awe you.
You can even opt for the cable car ride to catch a glimpse of the surrounding hills and the azure sea or hop onto the giant Ferris Wheel where you will be embarking upon an ardent journey crossing between the boundless earth and the infinite sky. The adorable penguins will give you a warm welcome at the South Pole Spectacular. On events like New Year, Halloween, the park gears itself up in a festive mood and will surely offer you cherishable moments.
Location - Aberdeen, Hong Kong
Timing - 10 am to 7 pm daily
Entry Fee - HK$480 for adults, and HK$240 for children aged between 3-11.
2. Hong Kong Disneyland: Disneyland is a magical realm which will enchant you with its wide range of themed zones and spectacles. Considered as the largest, it tops the list of all the amusement parks in Hong Kong, attracting millions of tourists every year. The Jungle River Cruise will take on an enjoyable excursion and don’t forget to look out for Tarzan’s Treehouse. The Cinderella Carousel is an absolute delight for children. Venture the Wonderland with Alice, immerse yourself in Pooh’s huge honey pot or take a stroll around the Mystic Point.
For Marvel fans, this place is an ideal location as you can watch an Iron Man tech show or simply go meet the famous heroes. With the majestic castles, alluring Fantasy land, and the amusing Toyland, this entire place is sure to cast its bewitching spell on you. A sensational journey awaits you at Disneyland.
Location - Lantau Island, Hong Kong
Timing - 10.30 am to 8 pm daily
Entry Fee - HK$619 for adults and HK$458 for children.
3. Noah’s Ark: Popping up in front of your eyes from the bible classes of childhood days stands the magnificent replica of the ark built by Noah during an engulfing flood. The Ark Garden houses the model of 67 pairs of animals and birds, saved by Noah. Enjoy your time amidst the verdant setting and capture some moments with the animals on your cameras. The Ark Expo zone will sweep you off your feet as you enter the world of different sized arks exhibited beautifully. Your kids can also engage themselves in educational games and workshops, organized at the Ark Life Education House.
Location - 33 Pak Yan Road, Ma Wan Island, Hong Kong
Timing -10 am to 6 pm daily
Entry Fee - HK$ 155 for adults and HK$ 125 for children.
4. Frontierland: Among the many theme parks in Hong Kong, Frontierland welcomes you to the quaint Old- West setting. Run by Disney and dotted with unique creations, one can avail a splendid train roller coaster ride at the Grizzly Gulch. The Geyser Gulch and the Wild West Photo Fun are other attractions of the place. The Big Grizzly Mountain sprawls as a spectacular backdrop for the place, and the train ride will take you through the heart of the mountain, giving you the soothing essence of the American countryside.
Location - Hong Kong Disneyland
Timing - 10.30 am to 7.30 pm daily
Entry Fee - HK$480 for adults, and HK$240 for children aged between 3-11 ( The Disneyland entry fee is inclusive of Frontierland)
5. Snoopy’s World: A small theme park, Snoopy’s World is another favorite among children. For those planning for a shopping spree at the Mall on New Town Plaza, take some time off and go peep into Snoopy’s World. Adorable cartoon figures will greet you as you enter along the Doghouse Entry. Hop into the school bus waiting at the School Plaza or take an overwhelming canoe ride with Charlie Brown. Also, grab some photos with the cute Peanuts characters. While you give your tired legs some rest, watch your kids play at the Baseball playground. Getting the community hall here for your wedding would indeed turn out to be an exquisite idea.
Location - New Town Plaza Phase 3, Sha Tin, Hong Kong
Timing - 11 am to 7 pm daily
Entry Fee - Free of cost except for the Canoe Ride.
6. Tomorrowland: Travelling through space and time, you can venture into a different world at Tomorrowland. Enjoy the roller coaster ride, and the Space Mountain will present to you with its unique rendition of time beyond our limits. Watch Iron-Man protecting the city of Hong Kong from the notorious Hydra forces and take a tour along the secret resistance base at the Star Wars- Command Post. With numerous shows and exhibits, this place ideal amongst youngsters will leave you wonderstruck with its futuristic landscape. Also, let your taste buds gorge on the sumptuous delicacies at the Comet Cafe.
Location - Hong Kong Disneyland
Timing - 10.30 am to 8 pm daily
Entry Fee- HK$480 for adults, and HK$240 for children aged between 3-11 ( The Disneyland entry fee is inclusive of Tomorrowland)
7. SuperPark Hong Kong: SuperPark presents you with a variety of gaming facilities and other adrenaline-pumping activities like wall climbing, skateboarding, trampoline jumping, and a lot more. Your kids can have a thrilling time at the Ninja Track, Flying Box and Pedal Car Track. The Slide Mountain and the Tube Slide will give your young ones a fun time as they happily glide along. Ranging from basketball, baseball, and golf, the Game Arena is another impressive zone. Under proper supervision and in a protected area at the Freestyle Hall, one can even try skating. So gear your nerves up for a stimulating game at Hong Kong’s Super Park.
Location - One Silver Sea Tower 1, Tai Kok Tsui, Hong Kong
Timing - 10 am to 9 pm on weekdays, 9 am to 9 pm on weekends.
Entry Fee - A full day ticket costs HK$250 for adults and children above 3 years of age.
8. Sha Chau and Lung Kwu Chau Marine Park: Situated in the open waters on the western side of Hong Kong, Sha Chau, and Lung Kwu Chau Marine Park is one of the largest aquatic Hong Kong amusement parks. Under protected environs, different kinds of scintillating marine life thrive and contribute to the rich biodiversity. The picturesque view of the white sand islands of Lung Kwu Chau, Sha Chau, and Pak Chau appear before you as you sail along this zone. If you are one of those lucky ones, then you are sure to catch a fleeting glimpse of the white Chinese Dolphins.
Location - To the West of New Territories, Hong Kong
Timing - 24 hours daily.
9. Lai Chi Kok Amusement Park: With a soothing atmosphere, Lai Chi Kok is an ideal place to get some relaxation and fresh air amidst nature’s beauty. The Lingnan Garden with the traditional and tranquil Chinese setting is the perfect place for a family outing. You can also enjoy the rollicking rides on the Ferris Wheel, the gondola, the dragon coaster, Astro Swinger and many others. Revel in the festive mood, play some carnival games, and enjoy a hearty time.
Location - Broadway, Lai Chi Kok, Hong Kong
Timing - 24 hours daily
Entry Fee - With entry being free of cost, some games charge between HK$12 to HK$25.
10. Ma Wan Park: With stunning features, Ma Wan Park is an amusement cum educational centre, attracting young and old alike. A stroll around the Nature Garden is bound to please your mind. The majestic replica of Noah’s Ark is another appealing site, inviting hundreds of visitors. In this green island, you will come across several galleries and educational workshops. Have an enriching time and travel back to the times of Noah for a deeper insight. A sumptuous lunch at the Harvest Restaurant with the panoramic view of the Tsing Ma Bridge and theTing Kau Bridge is surely a must-try.
Location - Ma Wan island, New Territories, Hong Kong
Timing - 8 am to 6 pm daily
Entry Fee - HK$ 168 for adults and HK$ 138 for children aged between 3-11 years.