Shimoga HomestayHigh Point Homestay, Meadow Muse, Crepe Ginger, The Cennet Homestay, Ammadi Homestay, Hills View Stay, Suntikoppa Homestay, Harakere Homestay: and many more
Packed with a punch of nature’s best landscapes and marvels, Shimoga is an ancient city in Karnataka that has an affluent history attracting large flocks of tourists here each year. And the homestay in Shimoga like Ammadi Homestay, Hill View Stay are places that have emerged as superior accommodation facilities over other popular hotels in the area. This is partly because of the homely ambience, prompt and personalized hospitality of the hosts and their staff, the opportunity to be able to interact with the locals on a one-on-one basis and the flexibility of price range and experiences one can have.
Shimoga Homestay options are scattered in all the best commercial and secluded locations, close to the rivulets, Jog Fall, in the quaint villages and midst the lush hills. The contrast between the Homestay near Shimoga properties is also quite interesting, with some dating back centuries to the others that bring newness and modern elements to the stay.
People Also Ask About Homestays in Shimoga
Which are the best homestays in Shimoga?
1. High Point Homestay: This is an apartment-style, modern homestay in Shimoga district, in Thirthahalli. High Points has elegant rooms with rich interiors and attached baths. Other than that, the hosts also take care of other essential services to make your vacation worth remembering.
What's also amazing is the price one has to pay for a splendid accommodation and access to the Tunga River belt and many other tourist attractions.
Location: HighPoint homestay, Kolavara House, Fish Market Rd, Near police station, Soppu Mudde, Thirthahalli, Karnataka 557432
Amenities: Wifi, Toiletries, Fireplace, Dining, Room Service, Parking, Housekeeping, Security, Sanitization etc.
2. Meadow Muse: Set in the heart of an acena nut plantation, the Meadows Muse Shimoga Homestay is all your answers to the perfect holiday stays. The Tunga River flows at a close distance that can be observed by guests from their rooms and cottages, or by planning a day outing at the riverfront.
Other than the essential services, the homestay also arranges many on-site and off-site activities.
Location: C/O KV Uday Kumar, Hariharpur Post Koppa TQ, Karnataka 577120
Amenities: Wifi, Dining, Room Service, Extra Bedding, Security, Parking, Indoor and Outdoor Games, Sanitization, Housekeeping, Laundry etc.
3. Crepe Ginger: The simplicity and refinement of the boutique Crepe Ginger Shimoga Homestay are what attracts a large flock of vacationers here. This idyllic accommodation property set in Koppa village, surrounded by dense forests is an escape many romanticists and other individuals crave for.
This gorgeously designed bungalow has an open lawn, 4 bedrooms that can accommodate around 10 guests, an on-site dining area with kitchen and other minuscule amenities that make a world of a difference to your vacation.
Location: 84, Billagare, Billapura Village, Koppa Taluk, Karnataka 577120
Amenities: Wifi, Dining, Room Service, Daily Housekeeping, Laundry, Common Living Area, Extra Bedding, Security, Sanitization, Parking etc.
4. The Cennet Homestay: Enveloped by Chandra Drona hill ranges, thickets and lush plantations, the Cennet Homestay in Shimoga offers a modern sliver of hospitality and comfort. In this massive mansion are well-appointed rooms, a kitchen where you can see the allocated cook prepare delicious Malnad recipes for you, an open courtyard with arched frames.
When you are not making the most of the available facilities on the premises, you can be outdoors availing adventures like cycling, trekking, plantation walks and more.
Location: Sree Rama Krupa Estate Mallenahalli Post, Karnataka 577131
Amenities: Wifi, Room Service, Dining, Breakfast Buffet, Doctor on Call, Housekeeping, Indoor and Outdoor Games, Activities, Parking, Security, Sanitization etc.
5. Ammadi Homestay: The traditional Malnad design and opulent vistas of the encircling Sahyadri Hills set the tone for your vacation at the Ammadi Homestay in Shimoga. There is an open courtyard patio that runs in a soiree, bordered by 8 rooms and the other essential facilities.
Whether you are a couple, family or a solo traveller, this place has the potential to charm all. Guests are served authentic food made by a local cook, given the option to indulge in recreational activities and enjoy their best time at this 300-year-old heritage home.
Location: Solapur - Mangalore Highway, Koppa Rural, Karnataka 577126
Amenities: Wifi, Parking, Dining, Housekeeping, Laundry, Security, Activities, Sanitization etc.
6. Hills View Stay: The Hills View Stay doing full justice to its namesake is perched in the lush hills of Shimoga, close to the Jog Falls. This lavish property offers many baseline essentials that are common to other stay facilities, along with features that make it stand out.
There are spacious rooms that look out directly at the scenic panorama, an in-house restaurant that serves all your favourites and local delicacies, an open courtyard cum poolside area, a swimming pool, and much more that would leave you confined to this place mentally for even after the vacation has ended.
Location: S R No. 259/6, Hemte Mane, Post Adukatta Taluk Siddapura Talaguppa, Jog Falls, Karnataka 581355
Amenities: Wifi, Dining, Room Service, Security, Housekeeping, Swimming Pool, Laundry, Parking, Activities, Sanitization etc.
7. Suntikoppa Homestay: Travellers can book the entire 3-bedroom bungalow to themselves during the trip to Shimoga. Surekoppa Homestay is a lovely, private property that offers warm and pleasurable hospitality to its guests.
Perfect for small groups and families on a weekend sojourn, there are essentially all the amenities in place to maintain both comfort and safety of its guests. Many local tourist attractions like Hirekodige, Dam Gajanur, Khamdrah Temple, Areca Nut Plantation etc. are ideal additions to your sightseeing itineraries.
Location: 256 Surekoppa Surya devasthana post koppa taluk Chikmagalur district, Koppa Rural, Karnataka 577126
Amenities: Wifi, Dining, Room Service, Parking, Common Living Area, Security, Laundry, Housekeeping, Sanitization etc.
8. Harakere Homestay: This affordable Homestay in Shimoga is located along the riverside of Tunga in an outskirts area. Offering not just the enthralling beauty of nature, this place is perfect for rejuvenation and adventure. Harakere is a farm stay that has been a prominent name in the hospitality market in the region.
Other than containing all the ancillary amenities, there are also lakeside swings, arrangements for fishing, bonfires, nature walks and other experiences upon guest's request.
Location: No. 2/1, Thirthahalli Road, Shivamogga, Shimoga, Harakere, Karnataka 577202
Amenities: Wifi, Air Conditioning, Dining, Room Service, Hot and Cold Water, Parking, Daily Housekeeping, Security, Laundry, Taxi Rental, Sanitization etc.
Which are the best homestays near jog falls?
1. Hills View Stay: Located at a distance of 5 kilometres from the Jog Falls, this Shimoga Homestay is perched in a lush locality of the town that can be enjoyed from every nook and corner of the premises. There are comfortable rooms that are clean and well-facilitated, an in-house dining facility, among other facilities for the maximum leisure.
2. Gundimane Homestay: Holding a certificate of hospitality from the Tourism Department of Karnataka, Gundimane Homestay near Jog Falls is one place you cannot go wrong with. The place has acres of lush plantation views on offer, besides their world-class amenities, plush accommodations and prompt service that can be enjoyed by one and all.
3. IBBANI Homestay: Located in Siddapur, IBBANI is a fine homestay near Shimoga that is in proximite distance from the Jog Falls, Sharavathi River among other attractions. Surrounded by tall trees and vast expanses of paddy fields, a short stay at this property will replenish your body and mind with new energy. The simple and well-appointed rooms, home-cooked food are some things to look forward to here.
4. Sri Ranga Homestay: At a walking distance apart from Jog Falls in Shimoga, Sri Ranga Residency is an affordable homestay facility operated by a local family. There are different rooms to choose from, such as - family and a double room. The property reminding of your own homes has all the necessary amenities, great food and dining service as well as a team of dedicated staff.
Which are the best river view homestays in Shimoga?
1. IBBANI Homestay: This homestay surrounded by lush landscapes and views of the river is among the best options of Homestay near Shimoga. This property is also located at a comfortable distance from the Jog Falls and other points of interest which the guest can explore. Besides this, there are also elemental facilities and cushy accommodations at IBBANI.
2. High Points Homestay: Located near Tunga River and at a comfortable distance from many other attractions, the High Point apartment homestay in Shimoga is one of the best and cost-efficient places to spend your vacation. There are opulent rooms with fireplaces, common living areas, dining and many other essential amenities on the guest's disposal.
3. Meadows Muse: This property is also among the best riverside homestays in Shimoga. Positioned near Tunga River, Meadows Muse is a bungalow in the middle of an acena nut plantation. There are cottage and room accommodations on offer, besides this, there are other necessities, availability of indoor and outdoor activities also available making it one of the best Shimoga homestay
4. Harakere Homestay: Located on the banks of Tunga river, this is one of the best Riverview homestays in Shimoga for couples who would like a nature retreat full of privacy. It is a farm estate that offers a range of amenities, cosiness in the rooms and plenty of activities like plantation walks, nature walks, fishing, bonfire, boating etc.
What activities are available in Shimoga Homestays?
Here is a list of the best activities available at the Shimoga Homestay:
- Indoor and Outdoor Games
- Nature Walks
- Bird Watching
What is the best time to visit Shimoga?
The best time to visit Shimoga is between the Winter and Summer seasons when the temperatures in the region remain nice and low. The days are warmers from March till June, though not harsh or uncomfortable for sightseeing, activities or any other experience.
Moreover, monsoon is also a good time to enjoy a stay at the Shimoga Homestay, given that you like the uninvited rains and drizzles.